• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA MANAGEMENT

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
This is higher level thinking for FA for sure. I am sure lots do this but not sure it is worth the struggle to gain 6 more places in ranking. I will talk to our FA guide about this.
It is worth it, Smooper. We in Thornwood do the same thing during pushes. We usually don't do the first blue and an upper level yellow that take a ridiculous amount of badges. Last time we got to 4th place. I have also had 3 first place wins in another fellowship where we did the same thing.

Blocking individual way points would be a fantastic benefit to top level FA fellowships.

Yogi Dave

I just started reading this thread, so am behind and may (probably) will be repeating things.
How about a confirmation popup when someone tries to donate off the chosen path. That way the option remains for them to donate if they need to drop a badge just to get on that stage, but it might make them think twice otherwise.
This sounds good, but has problems and not just that it's another popup.
  • Sometimes you want 2 paths done, but not the 3rd or you want all 3.
  • Sometimes you want a path and the tricolors.
At times trying to run the FA feels like herding cats. (Though that can be done by dragging a fish tied to a string in front of them.) There have been members in my FS that are going to drop badges wherever they want. Do I want to kick them out? No. Also, it usually doesn't hurt and if it does, well, it's a game. Smile at the cat running off chasing a mouse. Maybe a gentle reminder of the gators off the path. It's a Fellowship Adventure. Joy of gaming within your FS is what's important.

Out of everything I've seen mentioned I like marking the path in a more obvious way the best. People pop in and out of the game and might not see the simple rings. Maybe make it so waypoints can be individually highlighted (Problems of mechanics including 2 people working on it at once). What I absolutely don't like is restricting badge placement.

Siorse

I would love this ability and I mentioned it in chat in my FS and a couple people who have been playing from the beginning told me it's been requested and denied already for the reasons stated-the FA is about being a team and communication.
Which is great, I'm all for that; however when the AM and the FA mage are sending out planning messages and multiple reminders and people are either NOT reading them or just ignoring what has been decided on then that becomes a problem the rest of the team who IS following the guidelines suffers for.
I'm stuck because I like my FS and even though we don't have a tournament req we still get our BP every week. Spire is voluntary, even the push-which is good because I refuse to do spire with the change in boss chests prizes.
I like the FA, yes the prizes are crap but it can be fun to see how far you can get in the pit. We'd get a lot further if people would listen and barring that then yes there should be a way to lock certain waypoints.