• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA push towns must End! That's clear cheating!

@actualfantasy
My FS's are usually competitve in FA's so I strip my cities in this manner and build tons of lvl 1 WS and T1s. I do this for events as well, because I like to get to the locked daily quests as fast as I can so I coast the rest of the way though. I always take a look at the quests in advance of the event start, and add however many WS & T1's it will need. Events don't need nearly as many as an all out FA, only 15-20 of each usually, but you can get away with even fewer and still speed things up significantly. TomatoeHu's spreadsheets are particularly good for this, since they break down the quest requirements for you.
Thank you for the info! I really appreciate you letting me know.

Myne

Oh Wise One
As a member of the team in question, I would say mainly that this apparent blowout is also largely attributed to the team which has gotten 1st place every other time for the past many FA's decided not to push this time. As we have come in 2nd place behind them every FA this year, we have continued to up our organization and strategy, and with each FA both teams have increased their final score by roughly 10,000 pts per FA (Last FA we lost 93,600 to 91,750).

As someone on this server Dadnaz, I would expect you to be aware of this contextual setup and I find it disingenuous for you to now post the apparent large blow-out with no context. This is our first win in FA and I am EXTREMELY proud of all of our members who coordinated, planned, and strategized together. This victory is not a result of 1 or 5 individuals, but All of us. I hope you can find some closure in that. We do have several members who are deeply offended by statements made here as they undermine the great efforts and sacrifices they have made.

I do not plan to post again on this thread, but I felt it important to provide adequate context.

I fail to see how posting facts can be offensive.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I fail to see how posting facts can be offensive.
It's when people post what they decide are the facts that it gets tricky. Nobody lives inside anyone else's head, so making statements about who plays or doesn't play and how they play and whether a city is someone's "real" city or not are all suppositions, not facts.

If someone has two, or three, or six cities and likes to play one off by themselves while they do the next guest race and move a different one into a fellowship while they do so, or if they decide to put one away during FAs and switch to another one which is better for that, it's easy for outsiders to say they are cheating, but it doesn't make it a fact.

DeletedUser22644

If someone has two, or three, or six cities and likes to play one off by themselves while they do the next guest race and move a different one into a fellowship while they do so, or if they decide to put one away during FAs and switch to another one which is better for that, it's easy for outsiders to say they are cheating, but it doesn't make it a fact.
Exactly my position, I became too busy IRL to play all the cities and let a few go fallow and then when it was time to reactivate them, well no seeds, mana, sentient goods etc. made it a real struggle so I cannibalized them for help in and during future FA's. Simple and easy

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm actually thinking more and more that this might be the way to keep my interest. Play one city to maximize it's growth and experience the new chapters, another for events as a showcase for evolving buildings, and another for fellowship adventures.

StarLoad

I'm actually thinking more and more that this might be the way to keep my interest. Play one city to maximize it's growth and experience the new chapters, another for events as a showcase for evolving buildings, and another for fellowship adventures.
Not a bad idea at all. I am considering taking a parked city that I struggle to play often enough and do the same.

Ed

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Remember that having multiple accounts, each with a separate registered email, and each with a city on the same world/server, is not against the rules, so long as these cities do not interact together in a way that benefits one city over the others. Pushing KP is one way to violate this and having multiple cities in the same fellowship could also violate this, depending on how they interact. So if one player has two cities in the same fellowship and plays them equally and keeps any trades or KP exchanges between them equal, that is still okay by the rules. But if that same person removes one of those cities and brings in a FA-only city, then that person is now making the city still in the fellowship an obvious favorite and is now violating the rules.

And that is what the OP makes it sounds like for that fellowship, because why would someone remove their only city in a fellowship, just to bring in a FA-only city? There would be no benefit from that for their main city, so I seriously doubt those three cities swapped out for three FA-only cities was done in a legit way. Also, long, flowery "explanations" by a member of that fellowship only makes it seem more suspicious, not less, since from past experience, that is the exact thing a cheater would do/say. Now, in the end, does cheating really matter? No, unless maybe if the cheating helped a team barely win the FA, or if someone found a way to cheat and finish 1st in the tournaments. Nothing is at stake here beyond pride and the obsessive need to come in first, both of which are sad reasons to cheat.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And that is what the OP makes it sounds like
And therein lies one problem. The OP does not live in the head of the people involved, so any attempt to ascribe motivations to them is unfair.
since from past experience, that is the exact thing a cheater would do/say.
And therein lies a second problem. People who are accused of bad behaviour aren't permitted to defend themselves because third parties decide that makes them look guilty.

StarLoad

And that is what the OP makes it sounds like for that fellowship, because why would someone remove their only city in a fellowship, just to bring in a FA-only city? There would be no benefit from that for their main city, so I seriously doubt those three cities swapped out for three FA-only cities was done in a legit way. Also, long, flowery "explanations" by a member of that fellowship only makes it seem more suspicious, not less, since from past experience, that is the exact thing a cheater would do/say. Now, in the end, does cheating really matter? No, unless maybe if the cheating helped a team barely win the FA, or if someone found a way to cheat and finish 1st in the tournaments. Nothing is at stake here beyond pride and the obsessive need to come in first, both of which are sad reasons to cheat.
Wow, talk about throwing someone under the bus. You have no knowledge of the facts but are quick to just to suspicion of motives and actions.
Just sad in my opinion that you would do that based on only hearing one side first and from your first post it is obvious that you made up your mind with only one side of a story.
And if this trash city is owned by another player in the same fellowship, then yes, they are breaking the rules by giving their main city a clear advantage.

Ed

defiantoneks

@defiantoneks ,

View attachment 13772

This City is very balanced... lean & mean too...
makes more goods/week that it uses, and doesn't
run outta troops either....

3 CC & 8 relics per day, can boost V V in MA, and
makes 2xtra type troops per day, not trained normally.

It includes P.Manor & F.Ruins both with an xtra piece,
a full Moonestone set, room for 1 4x4 evolve of my choice,
and full 170% culture bonus ( no help need'd ).
mine's similar:
try to keep the AWs and evolving buildings along the outside, where i rarely need to move them. keeps the flux area a little easier to manage.

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 9.15.50 PM.png

TearSong

I am getting real tired of me and my FS being called cheaters. I personally: used the few teleports I had to clear space for approx. 70 t1s. Sold a few buildings I was planning to replace anyway. Used all of my timers, instants, enchantments, etc. Any buildings I had to speed up a tournament cool down, increase production speed, strengthen a fighting unit were utilized. In short, any and everything in my inventory that would help maximize my resources. I fought in tourny every time it was available for a max of 24 provinces every time. Climbed to the top of the spire twice. Btw, our FS took gold in Spire. Logged in every chance I had to harvest and check for possible badge creation and or placement. I'm pretty sure we all did similarly. We used strategy and were 100% dedicated. That's it.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
I have a question ….
Since when is it anyones business what the next guy does ?
Why don’t those concerned mind your own business … unless of course you are just angry that you can’t have what the next guy has.
Get over it please
Or figure out how to obtain what the next guy has….cuz it’s possible.
We aren’t in kindergarten here …
Name callin, mud slingin, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
I am getting real tired of me and my FS being called cheaters. I personally: used the few teleports I had to clear space for approx. 70 t1s. Sold a few buildings I was planning to replace anyway. Used all of my timers, instants, enchantments, etc. Any buildings I had to speed up a tournament cool down, increase production speed, strengthen a fighting unit were utilized. In short, any and everything in my inventory that would help maximize my resources. I fought in tourny every time it was available for a max of 24 provinces every time. Climbed to the top of the spire twice. Btw, our FS took gold in Spire. Logged in every chance I had to harvest and check for possible badge creation and or placement. I'm pretty sure we all did similarly. We used strategy and were 100% dedicated. That's it.
You don’t owe anyone an explanation bout anything you do. Congrats on your accomplishments!!!

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Okay, so it is allowed to swap in other cities same player has then swap them back in we all obviously have figured out. So anybody that also wants to do that for a rank you are also allowed if wanted. Mystery is solved now I think? It is up to everybody now and everybody has the same exact options if they want to give it a go. I personally don't have time to do a second city but am totally happy with my fs rank. Good luck on the next fa everybody! I'm curious to see what happens and if anybody else ends up trying this. Me personally I don't want to miss out a week on spire or tourney.

Lady Pythany

Using shanty towns for FAS was only advantageous in the old-style FAS where the pit consisted entirely of production badges. If a city that is not played is moved in to take the place of an active city who for whatever reason cannot teleport everything out for production buildings...you are losing the ability to make the harder nonproduction badges. A city not being played and without armories is not going to be able to go 75 to 100 deep in tourney for ghost badges.... not going to have a gazillion speedups for bracelets, witch hats and druid staffs or even to speed up troop making. They are not going to have enough combining catalysts for the arcane residues..or maybe even spell fragments or relics to do a lot of crafting or making enchantments. The production badges have become the easy part of FAs now...

Killy-

Using shanty towns for FAS was only advantageous in the old-style FAS where the pit consisted entirely of production badges. If a city that is not played is moved in to take the place of an active city who for whatever reason cannot teleport everything out for production buildings...you are losing the ability to make the harder nonproduction badges. A city not being played and without armories is not going to be able to go 75 to 100 deep in tourney for ghost badges.... not going to have a gazillion speedups for bracelets, witch hats and druid staffs or even to speed up troop making. They are not going to have enough combining catalysts for the arcane residues..or maybe even spell fragments or relics to do a lot of crafting or making enchantments. The production badges have become the easy part of FAs now...
Well you don't need 25 players for ghost badges or witch hats, espicaially with players who can play 2 full tournaments during the FA. For bracelets you can swap in a city in the right chapter to do all of those and druid staffs you can produce inbetween FAs. ;)

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
But they could also have a certain number of seperate people who focus on just those other badges... something I just thought of.