• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Favorite Characters in a movie.

DeletedUser20396

Ok, so here's how it goes down. We'll start this with a large film that has many characters. Lotr. If you don't know it, then look it up. :) just kidding. Lord of the Rings. then you list your favorite characters in the movie, (Yes, I know there's a book, but maybe that will be a different thread.) and why you like them. :) Have fun.

I like Pippin, Sam, Merry, and Aragorn. Pippin because, "Fool of a Took" is just so funny. :p Samwise the Brave. Loyal to the end, humorous, and his courage is astounding. Merridoc. His heart and not the length of his arm is what is great about him. Aragorn son of Arathorn. Raised among the Elves, Dundine, Strider, a man who you can relate to.

now, you can either continue with this movie, or start a different movie, and if someone has something to add, they can either build upon the last one, or they can start a new one. :) have fun.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Hmmm.... I think I'd have to say Gandalf only because his character showed proper flashes of anger and was held up a paragon of wisdom. I'm a bit of a Romantic when it comes to stories and he was heroic to me.

Donnyd

Ok I think my two fav characters are going to be from the 1974 film Young Frankenstein. Gene Wilder as Dr. Frederick Frankenstein because as much as he denied his family history in the end he became so much like his grandfather with the experiment. And Marty Feldman as Igor because the hump on his back would keep changing which side it was on every time Dr Frankenstein would look at him, and of course of the scene with him taking the brain of someone named Abby Normal.
Another character I've always liked is Charly Gordon from the 1968 film Charly based on the Daniel Keyes novel Flowers for Algernon. I liked how because of the medical experiment he was able to go from a moron to a genius smarter than the doctors that experimented on him, but also sad as he knew before everyone else that it was only temporary and he would revert back to the simple minded person that he was before the experiment.

DeletedUser20951

Boromir, hands down, because I have a fondness for tragic, flawed, prideful characters, and Sean Bean. I didn't start watching Game of Thrones until after the third season had come out, as that was when I finally learned that he was in it, and my first impression was, "Holy Witchery, it's Boromir! HE LIVES...", and then later on, "Much humbler, but still prone to making huge, fatal mistakes, I see."

My two main cinematic heroes growing up were Ripley and Vasquez from Aliens, which is self-explanatory, since they are the ultimate bada- Well, you get the idea. None of that superhuman, cleverness beyond mere mortals, can solve any problem instantly, omnipresent crap, and though I now recognize how utterly stupid it is that in this imagined future, people dress, talk, act, and use the same weaponry, etc., as in the twentieth century, it's still one of my top favorite movies of all time.

Gath Of Baal

My two main cinematic heroes growing up were Ripley and Vasquez from Aliens, which is self-explanatory, since they are the ultimate bada- Well, you get the idea. None of that superhuman, cleverness beyond mere mortals, can solve any problem instantly, omnipresent crap, and though I now recognize how utterly stupid it is that in this imagined future, people dress, talk, act, and use the same weaponry, etc., as in the twentieth century, it's still one of my top favorite movies of all time.

This is still my all time favorite movie that I have watched so much I can recite line by line the entire movie.. My favorite character from the movie is Hudson followed closely by Hicks. I am so happy that they released the directors cut of the movie with all the extra footage and the new 30th anniversary edition that has enhanced color and sound... Yes I own like 6 different copies of the movie :p

DeletedUser20951

This is still my all time favorite movie that I have watched so much I can recite line by line the entire movie.. My favorite character from the movie is Hudson followed closely by Hicks. I am so happy that they released the directors cut of the movie with all the extra footage and the new 30th anniversary edition that has enhanced color and sound... Yes I own like 6 different copies of the movie :p
You can't see it, but I'm grinning wide enough that I worry I might break my face. :D

Game over, man! GAME OVER! What the fu- Uh, fudge are we gonna do now?! Best. Line. EVER.

Vergazi

I always loved when Vasquey has her ( omg what did they call it? the interlock thing that allowed their full auto guns to fire ) taken away from her and Frostie and then she slyly pulls out extras with a smirk on her and Frosties faces and reenable their alien-splattering bug-blasters. I also loved when the android goes into the pipeline to get to where he can call down the dropship. The Lieutenants redemption scene with Vasquey in the air duct with the grenade was deeply touching and I thought it was cool that in that moment it was like she accepted him as one of the crew and was like, " hell yeah, punk. That's the way we roll in the space marines!" note: dialogue only in my head.

DeletedUser20396

I must say, i have never seen these movies. Or heard of them before. :oops:

Smokey and the Bandit. Excellent watch. Love snowman, funny, and is played by Jerry Reed, 'nough said. Then of course Bo (bandit) fir his witty and charming demeanor.

DeletedUser

upload_2019-7-28_0-11-40.jpeg

I am ofc going with the movie Tremors and the one and only Burt Gummer, who is the most trigger happy gun loving mother****er character i have ever seen. and his humor is spot on no matter the direness of the situation.

DeletedUser20951

The Lieutenants redemption scene with Vasquey in the air duct with the grenade was deeply touching and I thought it was cool that in that moment it was like she accepted him as one of the crew and was like, " hell yeah, punk. That's the way we roll in the space marines!"
That was a good'un! Seems like the movie had many such moments that weren't technically necessary to the plot, yet created a more sympathetic whole, something I believe is often missing in newer flicks, although it's hard to decipher how much of my view on that is based on nostalgia. Honorable quote mention:

Hudson: *watching her do pull-ups* "Hey, Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"

Vasquez: "No." *drops from bar and looks at Hudson* "Have you?"

I must say, i have never seen these movies. Or heard of them before.
No worries. The archive of movies I've watched is severely lacking and I usually haven't seen the bulk of those discussed (which is why it's a big deal to me when I actually have XD).
Tremors! Damn, been a long time since I saw the original, but it's definitely a fun blast. Only have vague recollections of the second one, and they made several more, didn't they?

DeletedUser

a quick google search tells me there are 6 movies now. i thought it was only 5 haha well imo the first 3 are the best and the brightest. i think i have seen 4 and 5 but i dont remember them very well, i remember a few great scenes but nothing compared to the first 3.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
My favorite "movie" is a really just movie within a movie and has no dialogue. In "Up!' the scene where they slowly travel through the picture book of the main character's life showing the joys and tragedies all in pictures is sure art. I can say honestly very few to none of the many, many pictures I've seen has ever stopped me in my tracks with such a beautiful display or artistry as that scene. The rest of the film was pretty good and enjoyable, but that scene alone was worth the cost of admission.

Anybody know any other "silent scenes" that stopped you in your tracks and could stand alone?

AJ

LilWolf De Lioncourt

Tim Curry Stephen king's IT and in Rocky Horror Picture Show

did You know that Tim Curry suffered a "Stroke" and is in a Wheelchair for life now:(:(

DeletedUser20951

Tim Curry Stephen king's IT and in Rocky Horror Picture Show

did You know that Tim Curry suffered a "Stroke" and is in a Wheelchair for life now:(:(
Aw man, I didn't know that. He's a brilliant actor and those two roles definitely stand out. Been a while since I've watched the Picture Show, which I should remedy, and he was a better Pennywise. Better and scarier!

Donnyd

It truly is sad about Tim having a stroke and being wheelchair ridden. Not only was he such a diverse actor. He also did voices for cartoons had a separate music career.

LilWolf De Lioncourt

also since I'm into Horror Movies*lol* I've always like all the "Hellraiser" movies and Doug Bradley played a :cool: Pinhead:D he also played in the "Wrong Turn" movies too. even without his makeup he still looks like Pinhead*lol* :eek:

and speaking of the movie "IT" the Actor Bill Skarsgard looks like the clown even without makeup*lol*:eek::D the new movie "It chaper 2" is coming out I want to see it but have to see the first one first:D