• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fed up with Orc requirement in Negotaions

DeletedUser61

what you mean by a swap area.
There have been several threads wherein folks are requesting a storage or buffer area wherein they can "temporarily" park buildings while they are rearranging their cities.

Most of the requesters are even willing to pay a premium for such an area. The ability to buy an premium expansion, at any time, would seem to be an appropriate means of addressing that circumstance.

hammer.jpg

DeletedUser2396

He means if you want want to rearrange your city and need a swap area you can spend Diamonds for that extra space this is not at all what the gamers are asking for Katwijk, they are asking for a Storage Building that can store other Buildings, Manufactories, Culture ornaments while the gamer rearranges their city which is not an unreasonable request - the Developers want constructive input into what the "Gamers" would like implemented into the game this suggestion has merit - Many have made the request - how many have opposed it - very few - the many outnumber the few .....

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@SilverKNite
The reason they don't let you stash stuff in a temp space while you rearrange your city is simple. F2P games are all on a similar model, and it's something like "the average player buys diamonds once every XX hours of play time" So the longer you spend logged in the more likely you are to buy diamonds. In practice I think "the average" isn't as useful as it sounds. Many players won't ever buy diamonds no matter how long they play, and whales ($1,000+) will consistently buy diamonds as long as they find the game interesting.
Anyways, I've seen a mod post a couple times "The puzzle aspect of trying to rearrange your city is a feature of the game and will not be made easier"

DeletedUser3507

Simply put, a storage area to move buildings too so that you can redesign your city when your trying too because of size difference or building has rotated.

Without having to pay for expansion that escalate in price every time you buy one.
Wish they had a fixed price instead of gouging us like they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfSinger

That's exactly how it used to be, isn't it? If I recall, a couple months ago the update changed from "tied to MH" to "33 total paid expansions available whenever".

Not exactly what I was referring to.

What I was suggesting is that available space for expansion of the city is tied to the Main Hall - at level 1 you have x amount of available space to expand into - at level 2 x amount more and so one.

That way the actual size of the city is dependent on the level of the main hall - not the guest race. So you wouldn't reach the maximum amount of available space until you reached the max main hall level.

Katwijk said

I'll agreed that the game ALLOWED folks to get "too many" provinces, by negotiating, but the number of provinces that are required for the next Advanced Scouting chest has always been sufficient for all of the resources that you actually needed to keep up with the game.

So what you are saying is that in order to be were you and the devs think we should be (unless we wanted to spend diamonds) we should be at one guest race behind in filling those extra spots the devs have given us. At the beginning of Orcs - you should have 20 EMPTY spots waiting for expansion - UNLESS you spent real money to fill them. That's the only way you're going to be at less than a day on scouting and not needing orcs to negotiate provinces.

Last edited:

DeletedUser43

So you wouldn't reach the maximum amount of available space until you reached the max main hall level.

But it is in a way. You only have so many coins a main hall can hold and soon your scouting costs exceed that. Unless you buy expansions. In that case you simply must be punished, and your progress will stop.

I wonder if a disclaimer pops up that says "warning paying us diamonds for this scout to finish more quickly will stop you from being able to fight on the world map"? I somehow doubt it.

DeletedUser3575

What I was suggesting is that available space for expansion of the city is tied to the Main Hall - at level 1 you have x amount of available space to expand into - at level 2 x amount more and so one.

Ah I think I see what you mean - not available expansions, but actual available space on which to place expansions. Rather than open up the entire playing field all at once from the get-go, you earn the ability to place expansions as you progress. Interesting!