• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fed up with Orc requirement in Negotaions

DeletedUser3507

wonder how many of them play it?
If they did they would see our point..

Almost should be a requirement in my opinion.

DeletedUser188

Really...who cares what you personally think or what you prefer....
I could say that about most of the top contributors of the forum including you but that would be rude
So what would you rather have a forum that only allowed you to post if everyone agrees with what you have to say
Or the one we have where anyone can post their opinions whether anyone agrees or not
Back to your question I 'll give my answer
Me that's who and I bet I am not the only one who wants to here what Katwijk has to say
Along with what every other contributor adds to the forum even if I disagree with them

DeletedUser1016

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

So what would you rather have a forum that only allowed you to post if everyone agrees with what you have to say

I believe you missed the point of the comment. I understood it. And it had nothing to do with not wanting to hear a point of view.

Let me try to explain it for you.

Sharing your opinion is one thing, sharing your opinion of everyone is a different story.

sigma957

Just unlocked my first ring 10 province. I am halfway through dwarves! I'm not going to be getting access to orcs for a while, especially since my research is stalled out while I upgrade my granite mines and copper foundries to make pushing through the rest of dwarves easier, and then there's all of fairies to contend with. Fortunately it was a crystal province so I could auto fight with treants, but if it was an elixir or marble province... *shudder*. It would've been a complete waste of the coins I spent scouting it! All of the people in my trading block are rings and rings away still! How am I supposed to find them to trade with them if I cannot clear provinces?

I agree. Why should I have to have orcs when I'm not even close to finishing dwarves? it's ridiculous.

DeletedUser2396

Your last 2 posts are out of touch with the topic - Katwijk - you seem to be in left field and the Developers in right field with the people who were discussing the topic at home plate - that is how out of touch this ball game has become and the people in Beta are out in the parking lot. I think the Ball Game finished in the 9th Inning

DeletedUser3507

I am stuck all provinces now require orcs and I am in dwares, sure I am guilty of pushing the design envelope out of shape I have enough provinces for entering orcs. So this is a detriment to me as the only way to expand is buy them.

That's the issue.

DeletedUser2396

I don't buy into this:
sure I am guilty of pushing the design envelope out of shape
You didn't design it - you just played the game as it was designed and did it very well - they redesigned it to punish you for being a good gamer and they do this for their enjoyment not the gamer's enjoyment - so if want to game-on then we just have to accept this game will evolve - more an more people will get to Dwarf's and either game-on or quit - As Designed:

DeletedUser61

out of touch with the topic
I have a well established record of getting it right most of the time. You want to cut down the trees but leave the forest.

You can get by very comfortably without the premium expansions. I've had no trouble whatever keeping up with the pace of the game, even in the city that I'm soloing.

If you want to overwhelm the game, which is what folks had been doing with the negotiated sectors, the game becomes an uninteresting hamster wheel.

DeletedUser3610

I have a well established record of getting it right most of the time.
LOL

If you want to overwhelm the game, which is what folks had been doing with the negotiated sectors, the game becomes an uninteresting hamster wheel.
To you it becomes uninteresting, to you, not to everybody. Why don't you understand that everyone is different and likes different things and that you are not a worldwide authority on game enjoyment?

WolfSinger

The game has pushed scouting and winning provinces.

In order to have the expansions needed for each guest race and to grow your city - either have to scout - apparently out further than the devs wanted - or spend REAL money on expansions.

Okay - I'll admit I have spent money on expansions - a total of 20 so far.

I am in the orcs chapter with 293 provinces scouted / completed - that's ring 12 - so require Orcs for negotiation. I have in my expansion inventory 1 'free' expansion, 1 from the Tree and 13 remaining ones I can buy. Because of having bought expansions in the past I have placed all available on my city map. If I hadn't bought them I would have 18 open expansions slots in my city. It take 2 days and a few hours for me to scout in ring 12.

With the brakes put on negotiation and the upcoming changes to fighting - I still trying to figure out exactly what the devs are trying to do here.

If they wanted to limited city size - they better choice would have been to try expansions to Main Hall upgrades - each time you upgrade your main hall you earn expansion space - it's actually a little more realistic. Leave the scouting / fighting and negotiations alone - those should not be the limiting factor on city size.

DeletedUser61

The game has pushed scouting and winning provinces.
I'll agreed that the game ALLOWED folks to get "too many" provinces, by negotiating, but the number of provinces that are required for the next Advanced Scouting chest has always been sufficient for all of the resources that you actually needed to keep up with the game.
I still trying to figure out exactly what the devs ar
If "advanced" means that folks still have to scramble a bit for resources, then they won't be able to simply overwhelm all of the logistics puzzles that the developers have built into the game.

Even worse, someone who has more resources that they need is likely to offer them, at a discount to less developed players, so the "disease" spreads and the less developed players will also steamroll the logistics puzzles.

Structure is what makes the game interesting and challenging. If you want to do whatever you want to do, then you only need a piece of blank paper, not a game.

DeletedUser3575

If they wanted to limited city size - they better choice would have been to try expansions to Main Hall upgrades - each time you upgrade your main hall you earn expansion space

That's exactly how it used to be, isn't it? If I recall, a couple months ago the update changed from "tied to MH" to "33 total paid expansions available whenever".

DeletedUser43

I'll agreed that the game ALLOWED folks to get "too many" provinces

Well, if it didn't then people wouldn't play because they would have no space. This is a city builder and people need a place to build a city. Sure, you can make so you have to buy everything in this game, but then you wouldn't have too many people here either.

As far as too many? That seems so far off reality. They introduce a new race, release 10 more expansions and you get 4 from the tech tree. You are supposed to get the other 6 from scouting. Or are you saying they should stop scouting altogether? But they sure don't "allow" you to get many provinces by scouting at all when you've been here a while. I "get" maybe half of those provinces from scouting the rest I can really only get through purchases (unless you count waiting a year or more).

Again, they can attempt to force everyone to give them a lot of money to play this game, but they keep making the game worse with every update thus making this game less and less of a good value. I mean, if they go through with the intended fighting update, there won't be anymore fighting in this game at all on the world map. So that whole segment is being shut down for everyone. They are closing out the game to anyone who is facing this orc requirement. Every update players have less and less to do around here. They change the tech tree and force people into researching stuff they never wanted...they force people to build a magic academy that they don't want, the list goes on and on and on.

Even when they change something that doesn't affect you particularly, you can see what they have done to others, so why would anyone trust them with real money? For all we know, tomorrow the whole game will be gone or they will force people into a subscription model or something. They surely don't care if they harm players. (That is you plural, not you singular).

Does anyone remember that they SELL you ways to speed up your scouts? Then they punish if you spend the money to do that. How bizarre and stupid is that? Spend money on faster scouting, but then if you do you are not playing within their expectations?

pushmepullyou.jpg

DeletedUser61

You are not alone on this thought...we are all scratching our heads on this!
I'm assuming that the unfettered access to premium expansions was more about NOT providing a storage/swap area than it was about game balance.

Now, if somebody "needs" more wiggle room, it's readily available.