• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback to declining quest feature

DeletedUser511

I think just getting rid of the decline button all together will be just fine I dont even skip and doing just fine in the game. If these players need it have a cool down when they skip of a couple hours.

DeletedUser69

I do skip quests! Actually I skip all the quests that have to do with fight and military training. I decided that I do not want to fight, so I deleted all my armories to make room for manufactories. (I could not delete my barracks, fortunately It was not fully upgrated!)

I think there must be a second chance to decide if you want to fight or negotiate. During the tutorial it is not so clear how you can choose not to fight. The quests must be presented based on this choice.

DeletedUser

I hate the quests that require day-long goods, so I skip all of those. My good production would fall significantly if I was forced to do those or wait through them.

Also, my city is specialized, so I have only three goods produced. I skip all quests related to the goods I do not produce. Skipping is something I do quite a bit, even when it's not related to cycling. This is NOT a good solution if you're trying to stop cycling. A limit is fine, but once per day? Are you kidding me? With all the quests different people would find completely unhelpful, it's awful.

It wouldn't be so bad if you had more than just two quests available at any one time. Back before I found out 'decline' just meant skipping in a cycle rather than a finite list that would bite me in the butt late-game, I was incredibly frustrated by the lack of access to other quests. I kept wondering when the rest of them would pop up, like in many other games that start you off with one or two quests, then end up with four to six open at once. If we had more quests available at once, I would not be so against the limit of one skip per day. And probably others wouldn't be either.

DeletedUser

I skip the make something that takes a day to make, Other than that just a few when I'm low on tools. Tools coming in better with them upgraded more.

DeletedUser511

WOW You all think one day long quests is long? This is a producing game so one day isnt long at ALL!

DeletedUser

I didn't say I thought a day-long quest was long. I said I didn't want a manufactory stuck in a day-long production cycle. It's inefficient and my production would take a serious hit. I tried it once and decided against it.

Other people consider anything that takes longer than a half hour to be too long though. Me, I'm used to long quest cycles from other games I've played. But I'm also used to far more quests being available at one time. It's frustrating being limited both ways.

DeletedUser511

They need some kind of cool down or for sure limits.

DeletedUser

Yeah, maybe a skip bar, like the kp bar? Wait long enough, you get a new point in the skip bar. Never use skips, you max out and don't get any more. I can see as long as four hours per skip and a max of five or ten skips making sense.

DeletedUser511

If you dont skip then you should be rewarded in a different way.

DeletedUser43

- Supplies Supply Security - Gain 5000 Supplies Desperately needed

- Our Taxes - Gain 150000 Coins Desperately needed It is a lot easier to get coins than supplies in this game. We need a way to get supplies.

- Sufficient Goods - Gain 3000 goods Desperately needed so you can set goods again you need this bonus. I can see where you might not want this quest because it is a blank check to flippers...but at the same time, that might be exactly why you want to keep it. Flipping goods (trading goods back and forth between two people) keeps a lot of people on here. It gives them something to do in an otherwise boring game. It helps forge friendships. It doesn't stop diamond purchases because it is mind numbing and only the poor folks who can't afford diamonds anyway do it. But it does make is so not only the wealthy can play this game. It is a very egalitarian quest.

The other very valuable thing this quest does is give players a way not to get stuck and too bored with this game and leave. Only the most dedicated players will bother with flipping and those are the players that will get bored the most easily. Those players are the kinds of people that will leave this game without this. We have all stumbled onto a way to make this game playable for many. Before flipping, we had a lot more people leave the game regularly. Again...it is the kind of thing that keeps the players who were leaving anyway, and it is ignored by those that were going to stay anyway. For the company, this is a actually a very valuable tool. Without a whole lot of players you wouldn't have a game at all to sell to anyone.

- More Tools - Produce 5 Advanced Tools (3 Hr) I never use this. I know a lot of people do. I gain 5000 supplies in 3 hours from fewer workshops, so I don't use this one.

-More Relics - Gain 4 Relics Use it all the time. It makes the costs of scouting possible.

On to Distant Lands - Complete a Province Use it all the time. It makes the costs of scouting possible.

Knowledge from all over the World - Solve 4 encounters Use it all the time. It makes the costs of scouting possible.

Showing Elven Strength - Fight 3 encounters Use it all the time. It makes the costs of scouting possible.

Heck, if you are going to fight and spend all those resources training troops, you need those quests so you can train more troops. However, I also decline them all the time. You can only do so much fighting. I collect goods and reset them 3 times a day. During those times, I am not fighting at all. It now takes me 1 day 5 hours to scout one province, and all other provinces are completed. So, if I am stuck with those quests I would be stuck without any other quests all that time too. I need to be able to decline them.

*Basic Goods - Gain 2000 Marble/steel/planks Use it all the time. It makes the costs of resetting goods possible. See below for discussion on the costs of goods production.

*Crafted Goods - Gain 2000 Silk/scrolls/crystal Use it all the time. It makes the costs of resetting goods possible.

*Magical Goods - Gain 2000 Gems/elixer/magic dust Use it all the time. It makes the costs of resetting goods possible.

I ALWAYS decline:
-Advanced Tactics - Train 1000 Units
This takes too long.
-Spiritual Reinforcements - Train 500 Sorceresses
This takes too long.

Doing either of those quests just means I run out of supplies and coins doing the rest of the game. It stops me dead in my tracks for days without having any other quests.

- luxury armchairs - Produce 3 luxury armchairs For those of us on all the time, all this does is make production less efficient. But, maybe if someone doesn't have the opportunity to be on here all day, this might be of use to them.

Mage journals - Produce 3 mage journals For those of us on all the time, all this does is make production less efficient. But, maybe if someone doesn't have the opportunity to be on here all day, this might be of use to them.

Fireworks - produce 3 fireworks For those of us on all the time, all this does is make production less efficient. But, maybe if someone doesn't have the opportunity to be on here all day, this might be of use to them.

Produce Bread 8 times (1 Hr) I never use this. But it may be of use to other players.

- Noble Residences - Upgrade 1 Residence L6+ All my residences are as upgraded as possible. I CANNOT use this. I did use it before I got this far in the game though. I think this quest should be permanently declinable.

- Striving for Improvement - Upgrade 2 Buildings L6+ All my buildings are as upgraded as possible. I CANNOT use this. I did use it before I got this far in the game though. I think this quest should be permanently declinable.

- Good Supplies - Upgrade 1 Manufactory L6+ All my factories are as upgraded as possible. I CANNOT use this. I did use it before I got this far in the game though. I think this quest should be permanently declinable.

- Improved Production - Upgrade 1 Boosted Manufactory L6+ All my factories are as upgraded as possible. I CANNOT use this. I did use it before I got this far in the game though. I think this quest should be permanently declinable.

- Perfect Logistics - Upgrade 1 Workshop L6+ All my workshops are as upgraded as possible. I CANNOT use this. I did use it before I got this far in the game though. I think this quest should be permanently declinable.

- Increasing Population - Gain 100 Population I use this when I am about to get stopped from playing because I don't have enough coins. It is a short and easy quest and can be done over and over. Perhaps you want to limit the number of times it can be repeated though so it isn't just a blank check, but it is very helpful. Build a house and tear it down 4 times and this quest is satisfied.

- More Culture - Gain 100 Culture. My most valuable quest. I use this when I am about to get stopped from playing because I don't have enough supplies. It is a short and easy quest and can be done over and over. (Build a simple road ten times and tear it right back down). Perhaps you want to limit the number of times it can be repeated though so it isn't just a blank check. But there are so FEW ways to get supplies in this game. Hardly any of my neighbors play so I get lots of coins when I visit them, but no supplies. It takes a TON of population and thus space for buildings in order to build more workshops, so it is very hard to get supplies from the workshops either. Everyone on Beta is stopped dead in their tracks because our cities are out of supplies. We need supplies and as many ways to get them as possible.

- Assisting the Ancestors - Build 1 Altar of the Forefathers This is the DUMBEST quest in the bunch.
building an altar of the forefathers to complete the quest and tearing it down once the reward is collected costs more than the reward. It isn't an efficient cultural building either.

For those of us with level 15 factories it takes a TON of coins and supplies just to set them for 3 hours....52,000 and 5200. Making goods is one of the most important parts of this game. Without goods you cannot get through a province. Fighting at some point just becomes a joke. The armies of theirs get bigger and bigger and ours stay the same size. Plus, we are elvanarians, not Empireans. We are a peaceful and trading group. We need to be able to negotiate.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's utterly ridiculous that upgrade quests pop up when no upgrades are possible. I think there should be something in the script that removes it from the cycle if no current buildings have upgrades available. Yes, I realize some people might still be able to expand, but more than likely, if anyone can and can create more residences or other applicable buildings, they'll have new buildings prior to the quest being applicable. Leaving it this way seems sorta like doing a search for 'Led Zepplin' and getting hits on articles about people being led around the corner or whatever.

My us2 game hasn't even researched the next workshop tech and it's constantly having to skip Superior Workshops (upgrade two workshops). My us1 game is making good use of that quest and I really like it, but only when it's actually possible. If it's not possible, why is it up there?

DeletedUser701

Right now, I am ranked 158 and have a quest to "complete 2 marble manufactury upgrades." Marble is not my boosted good, however I have 2 factories simply because I like the graphics. Both of my factories are already at a level 9, and I don't have any reason to upgrade them further at this moment- especially for a reward of 100 marble, I have thousands of marble already. I do not have the option of denying this quest. I think this is a good example of how people should be able to deny quests when they are a waste of time.

Jixel

I have a suggestion for something that might help, if the goal is for players to not keep repeating/declining quests:
Allow exchange of Coins->Supplies and Supplies->Coins at the Wholesaler.

I believe the "standard" ratio is 10:1 (i.e. 10,000 coins = 1000 Supplies). Apply the 5:1 Wholesaler markup (i.e. final ratio 50:1), so you'd get :
Spend 10000 coins -> get 200 Supplies
Spend 1000 Supplies -> get 2000 coins.

This would mean that if a player gets "stuck" (e.g. low on Supplies) they always have a "last resort" option to get them building again - but it's expensive, so people will still generally try to build their cities to avoid needing it.

Using an example from the discussion in the Beta forum - there was a player who can get 1,800,000 coins from visiting neighbours/fellowship.

In the current system: with lots of clicking, they could complete the "gain 150k coins" quest at least 10 times, and get 100,000 Supplies. Note that they also get to spend the 1,800,000 coins as they wish (e.g. on scouting, upgrades, Goods, KPs, etc)

With the above suggestions: No RQs, but they could choose to spend some or all of their coins on Supplies - they'd get at most 36,000, enough to stop them being completely stuck, but not so much as to completely unbalance the game (which I presume is the concern of the development team which led them to introduce this change in the first place).

Basically, I'm suggesting a compromise solution:
- Inno apparently wants to slow the game down a bit
- Players don't want to get stuck due to lack of Supplies

That's what my suggestion does - high-level players (and how many get nearly 2m coins from visiting ?) would still get something back for their efforts, but not as much as currently. Mid-level and low-level players, who were most impacted by the quest change, would be less likely to get completely stuck, and hopefully then less likely to abandon the game.

So to the specifics of which quests I skip, and why:
First, some background - I'm still working my way through the tech tree, and I want to complete it in reasonably quick time - so I log on multiple times each day to spend KPs, otherwise some will be "lost". Since I'm on multiple times anyway, it's logical for me to set up 9hr or 3hr production of Goods and Supplies at the same time (and load up the Barracks queue, etc).

So:
Any quest which has 24hr (or longer) requirement, I will always skip.
e.g. make 3 Giant Globes (24hrs x 3 steel manufactories - no thanks !)
Build 1000 units (or 500 Sorceresses) - takes way too long, for too little reward.

Any quest which I simply can't do at that time, I will obviously skip:
Upgrade Residences, Workshops, Boosted (or non-Boosted) Manufactories - skip, skip, skip.
(e.g I currently have no space, all level 15 residences, and 1 Population available - can't upgrade a thing)

Any quest which isn't sufficiently profitable to me at the time, I will skip:
At the moment, I get a quest to make 5000 Supplies, and then gain 100k coins - this is useful, but most of the time not worth the amount of clicking through other quests it takes to reach it. I only do it if happens to come up, and I remember it before collecting my Supplies.

DeletedUser

Maybe allow us to continue to cycle through the quests to find the ones that we are currently able/want to do, but only allow each quest to be completed once per day.

DeletedUser511

Right now, I am ranked 158 and have a quest to "complete 2 marble manufactury upgrades." Marble is not my boosted good, however I have 2 factories simply because I like the graphics. Both of my factories are already at a level 9, and I don't have any reason to upgrade them further at this moment- especially for a reward of 100 marble, I have thousands of marble already. I do not have the option of denying this quest. I think this is a good example of how people should be able to deny quests when they are a waste of time.

So now we want to start skipping the main quests too?!

DeletedUser626

- Supplies Supply Security - Gain 5000 Supplies Desperately needed

- Our Taxes - Gain 150000 Coins Desperately needed It is a lot easier to get coins than supplies in this game. We need a way to get supplies.

- Sufficient Goods - Gain 3000 goods Desperately needed so you can set goods again you need this bonus. I can see where you might not want this quest because it is a blank check to flippers...but at the same time, that might be exactly why you want to keep it. Flipping goods (trading goods back and forth between two people) keeps a lot of people on here. It gives them something to do in an otherwise boring game. It helps forge friendships. It doesn't stop diamond purchases because it is mind numbing and only the poor folks who can't afford diamonds anyway do it. But it does make is so not only the wealthy can play this game. It is a very egalitarian quest.

The other very valuable thing this quest does is give players a way not to get stuck and too bored with this game and leave. Only the most dedicated players will bother with flipping and those are the players that will get bored the most easily. Those players are the kinds of people that will leave this game without this. We have all stumbled onto a way to make this game playable for many. Before flipping, we had a lot more people leave the game regularly. Again...it is the kind of thing that keeps the players who were leaving anyway, and it is ignored by those that were going to stay anyway. For the company, this is a actually a very valuable tool. Without a whole lot of players you wouldn't have a game at all to sell to anyone.

- More Tools - Produce 5 Advanced Tools (3 Hr) I never use this. I know a lot of people do. I gain 5000 supplies in 3 hours from fewer workshops, so I don't use this one.

-More Relics - Gain 4 Relics Use it all the time. It makes the costs of scouting possible.

On to Distant Lands - Complete a Province Use it all the time. It makes the costs of scouting possible.

Knowledge from all over the World - Solve 4 encounters Use it all the time. It makes the costs of scouting possible.

Showing Elven Strength - Fight 3 encounters Use it all the time. It makes the costs of scouting possible.

Heck, if you are going to fight and spend all those resources training troops, you need those quests so you can train more troops. However, I also decline them all the time. You can only do so much fighting. I collect goods and reset them 3 times a day. During those times, I am not fighting at all. It now takes me 1 day 5 hours to scout one province, and all other provinces are completed. So, if I am stuck with those quests I would be stuck without any other quests all that time too. I need to be able to decline them.

*Basic Goods - Gain 2000 Marble/steel/planks Use it all the time. It makes the costs of resetting goods possible. See below for discussion on the costs of goods production.

*Crafted Goods - Gain 2000 Silk/scrolls/crystal Use it all the time. It makes the costs of resetting goods possible.

*Magical Goods - Gain 2000 Gems/elixer/magic dust Use it all the time. It makes the costs of resetting goods possible.

I ALWAYS decline:
-Advanced Tactics - Train 1000 Units
This takes too long.
-Spiritual Reinforcements - Train 500 Sorceresses
This takes too long.

Doing either of those quests just means I run out of supplies and coins doing the rest of the game. It stops me dead in my tracks for days without having any other quests.

- luxury armchairs - Produce 3 luxury armchairs For those of us on all the time, all this does is make production less efficient. But, maybe if someone doesn't have the opportunity to be on here all day, this might be of use to them.

Mage journals - Produce 3 mage journals For those of us on all the time, all this does is make production less efficient. But, maybe if someone doesn't have the opportunity to be on here all day, this might be of use to them.

Fireworks - produce 3 fireworks For those of us on all the time, all this does is make production less efficient. But, maybe if someone doesn't have the opportunity to be on here all day, this might be of use to them.

Produce Bread 8 times (1 Hr) I never use this. But it may be of use to other players.

- Noble Residences - Upgrade 1 Residence L6+ All my residences are as upgraded as possible. I CANNOT use this. I did use it before I got this far in the game though. I think this quest should be permanently declinable.

- Striving for Improvement - Upgrade 2 Buildings L6+ All my buildings are as upgraded as possible. I CANNOT use this. I did use it before I got this far in the game though. I think this quest should be permanently declinable.

- Good Supplies - Upgrade 1 Manufactory L6+ All my factories are as upgraded as possible. I CANNOT use this. I did use it before I got this far in the game though. I think this quest should be permanently declinable.

- Improved Production - Upgrade 1 Boosted Manufactory L6+ All my factories are as upgraded as possible. I CANNOT use this. I did use it before I got this far in the game though. I think this quest should be permanently declinable.

- Perfect Logistics - Upgrade 1 Workshop L6+ All my workshops are as upgraded as possible. I CANNOT use this. I did use it before I got this far in the game though. I think this quest should be permanently declinable.

- Increasing Population - Gain 100 Population I use this when I am about to get stopped from playing because I don't have enough coins. It is a short and easy quest and can be done over and over. Perhaps you want to limit the number of times it can be repeated though so it isn't just a blank check, but it is very helpful. Build a house and tear it down 4 times and this quest is satisfied.

- More Culture - Gain 100 Culture. My most valuable quest. I use this when I am about to get stopped from playing because I don't have enough supplies. It is a short and easy quest and can be done over and over. (Build a simple road ten times and tear it right back down). Perhaps you want to limit the number of times it can be repeated though so it isn't just a blank check. But there are so FEW ways to get supplies in this game. Hardly any of my neighbors play so I get lots of coins when I visit them, but no supplies. It takes a TON of population and thus space for buildings in order to build more workshops, so it is very hard to get supplies from the workshops either. Everyone on Beta is stopped dead in their tracks because our cities are out of supplies. We need supplies and as many ways to get them as possible.

- Assisting the Ancestors - Build 1 Altar of the Forefathers This is the DUMBEST quest in the bunch.
building an altar of the forefathers to complete the quest and tearing it down once the reward is collected costs more than the reward. It isn't an efficient cultural building either.

For those of us with level 15 factories it takes a TON of coins and supplies just to set them for 3 hours....52,000 and 5200. Making goods is one of the most important parts of this game. Without goods you cannot get through a province. Fighting at some point just becomes a joke. The armies of theirs get bigger and bigger and ours stay the same size. Plus, we are elvanarians, not Empireans. We are a peaceful and trading group. We need to be able to negotiate.

I agree with most of Bobbykitty's feedback on quests. I don't see how to do the three 2k goods a few times a day, without superior factories or flipping trades. I have declined theses quests every time because I have not completed the research for any superior manufacturing. The quest is given a bit too early in the game for me.

*Basic Goods - Gain 2000 Marble/steel/planks - decline until superior manufactory research is completed, and factories upgraded
*Crafted Goods - Gain 2000 Silk/scrolls/crystal - decline until superior manufactory research is completed, and factories upgraded
*Magical Goods - Gain 2000 Gems/elixer/magic dust - decline until superior manufactory research is completed, and factories upgraded

I also decline these two quests because the time & resources spent for reward are too low.
Utilizing New Knowledge - spend 20 knowledge points - decline because cost in time, troops, and goods are too high for the reward.
New Research - research one technology - I decline this one most of the time, and pick to do it later when I've spent the knowledge points to complete one, and have the goods collected to click the "activate now" button in research.

DeletedUser43

Beta testers have been playing this game for 9 months now. The number one most requested and most disliked feature has been quests that ask us to build non boosted manufactories. Emrysa, I completely agree with you. It is a silly waste of time for them to ask us build or have anything to do with a factory for which we have no boost. I wish they would take that silly main line quest away also.

I also agree with Frostwrym that the timing of quests is off. There are many points where this happens. When quests change from group to group, a lot of them pop up way too early for you to be able to complete them. Not every player realizes those quests can be declined, so this really can be a problem. Especially when they are new and just getting started in the game. They get going, have a little fun, and then a quest comes up that they can't do....like....do something with a factory they haven't even researched yet.

DeletedUser828

I do skip quests as well. Some are just too time consuming. There are quests I can run while I am working, or sleeping , but when I am off I like to do quests I can finish quickly as to not sit all day waiting on one quest to finish. I like the decline button it enables me to do the Quests I want in the amount of time I have to do them.
I would like to see it stay. Nothing worse to me than having to do a quest that will take days to do. We all ready have one Quest that you can not decline, that one often takes days to do. So having one can pick and choose is a nice feature.

Please let's keep it :)