• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback to declining quest feature

DeletedUser624

I am probably posting too late about the declining quests, but here goes. I decided from the beginning of the game to not use troops at all. So far, so good, even with the quests that required Armory and Barracks particulars. Some I could decline. Now I've been hit for the first time with required advanced troop quests (sorcerers/treants). I have no armories, and since I can't sell my barracks it usually just sits there and vibrates/jiggles with "z's". Of course the Research tree is another "have-to" research bugaboo for military stuff, which I know I have to "suck it up" to waste Knowledge points on, but that's something I knew I would have to. No hope for pacifists (Costa Rican themes not allowed ;)) with being able to at least decline military action regarding barracks? Please? Is this just another FOE game? jeesh

Update, one day later. After two quests I just received another non-declineable quest for 33 sorceresses (plus two other mundane items included). Now I will have 66 worthless sorcessess in which I have used valuable resources! Too many quests that can't be declined. I rarely decline quests (except for the daily build ones or upgrades to some level I could only obtain by building a new building). Straws on a camel's back are building, too!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1850

I decline my way thru all the quests 3 times in the a.m. and 3 times in the pm. I set up my manu's and shops to produce the quest 2-3 times (by amt produced) for each overnight cycle (meaning I upgrade them to that capability), and will probably get carpal tunnel for the amt of clicking I do. :) I collect 100 dust/place 5 trades 3 times every a.m. and every pm on days I have time to do that. If I don't, I just wave the mouse and collect. I do have those kinds of days, but the 3 times a.m./pm are my regular standard.

I pick my 3-5 favorite quests and keep doing them. I also have days where I can play more intensely, and for those, I use the make bread quests to fill up my supplies...1 hour production cycle, set a timer, and run it all day. I have my city name set for just coins/Main Hall, so I try to get as much as possible re supplies from quests. I have set up my city on this premise and any changes would require total revamping of my cities and my strategies. That is way to much head work for me at this point so would probably not bother. No offence intended, but I started the game based on the original game premises and fit that into my lifestyle. Any major changes, and I would lose interest. Don't give a rip what you are testing on beta. If it doesn't fit my RL, it's gone.

I play 4 days a week...2 of them I do harvests and visits, 2 of them I do encounters as well ...have more time those days. I play from work only for the most part. Can't play often from home (studying/university). Also as stated above by others, I have specific quests that are longer, that I run overnight, so that I collect first thing in the a.m. ...usually an upgrade or making army units. If I don't do that, I feel like I'm wasting an opportunity.

I never ever upgrade ANYTHING without having a quest active before I log off...I never upgrade my main hall without TWO quests active...both the locked and unlocked quests so I get double rewards. If I can do that with other locked quests, like gain 5 marble relics, with a gain 4 relics in the unlocked quests, then that's what I do...to collect double the reward. To me, this is a strategy...it's making the game work for me.

If others can't be bothered, or don't want to (I have an on-line friend who just plays and never does the quests), that's their choice. Major changes in the quest system also change the foundational premise of the game, and then a decision on whether I still like the game enough to play would have to be made. Yes, building games are slow games...but I feel this one is slow enough already. Of course, my playing style (3-4 days a week) has something to do with that. I recognize, but that's my life...I'm sure others are in the same boat--this is a game...RL always wins. Game devs need to keep that in mind if they want loyal players, and want players who spend RL coin. RL always wins. Set up your games to work with RL demands and you will have players who come back...if we come back and feel we can enjoy the game longer term, then we may be willing to invest RL coin.

Deleted User - 312108

Well, given I got this required quest and am no where near ready to complete it... I wish I could decline it an do it later.... or that it hadn't come up until a more appropriate time...

upload_2016-2-5_21-48-54.png

Otherwise, I regularly decline anything that requires a 24 hour good production.

DeletedUser754

Well, given I got this required quest and am no where near ready to complete it... I wish I could decline it an do it later.... or that it hadn't come up until a more appropriate time...

View attachment 428

Otherwise, I regularly decline anything that requires a 24 hour good production.

Hmm that's odd that you'd get that quest before a quest to research all the superior basic goods buildings? Sometimes we get stuck on one non-decline-able quest for days (or even a couple weeks) then when you complete that one, some other non-decline-able quests complete back to back. Hopefully that will happen ;)

DeletedUser624

Now that the dwarves have arrived, like a virus in my town, quests that can't be declined are mostly the norm now. I tend to do the same thing as LadySettler mentioned above, about declining one-day requests. I mention this because a dwarf quest just showed up for me to do a 2-day non-decline-able quest. Concerning this dwarf "feature" I am going from dislike to outrage (avoiding the ''hate'' word for now).

Deleted User - 107391

Just thought I'd weigh in, because no one has mentioned anything like my situation.

I am at rank about 400, and falling (from a high of 330), since I don't really want to upgrade further. I like the looks of my city as it is. I have completed all research, except for paying for the Dwarven Wonders, since I need more copper for that. And I mind my city once per day. This means that I set all production for 1 day. During that day, I produce enough of my boosts to meet one of the quest requirements - 4000. It takes two of my factories (at about 2200 each) for that quest. Another quest I have is to make one 24-hour product (ie Giant Globe for steel) plus 16000 supplies. So if I click a steel factory, I have done half of either quest.

Here's where it gets different from what anyone else has been saying. Both of my quests have become declinable. I don't know why, I don't know whether it's because I don't have anymore research to do, I don't know whether it's dependent on some building I've built. But I have two declinable quests.

So I set one for 4000 steel and the other for 1 Giant Globe plus 16000 supplies. Then I click 2 steel factories, collect the reward, and reset that quest for 1 Admirable Alter (1 day marble production) plus 16000 supplies. Then I click the 16000 supplies and collect the reward for the Giant Globe, and have half of the quest for the marble. Next I find the quest for 4000 marble. Etc. I make more money and supplies in an hour than I actually need. I usually have to spend some of them on goods before I can collect more. It would be fun if it weren't so time-consuming and boring.

SO:

Does anyone else have 2 declinable quests? Is it just a glitch in mine? We know the quests ARE full of glitches.

DeletedUser627

Thank you Bobbi. I probably should have known that, but had not seen it anywhere.

I used to luv luv this Double Declinable status - "Double D" was just the best back when we had nice quests. The bonus for moving through the research quickly was that we could double load the goods quests. By opening both the Gain 4000 goods and a specific Gain xxx goods quest, there was a nice benefit. The good ole' days....

Now you can take advantage of both the "relic" and "encounter" quests, and perhaps some others.

DeletedUser626

what changed.. one thing I can think of is the goods quest - which was super nice - acquire "(X) of any factory good", it didn't matter if it was your boosted good.
We could use that quest while waiting on factories to help out neighbors and fellows with trades, and build up supplies and coin.

DeletedUser1053

I am still disappointed there is no bonus of small goods that are not your boosted goods. I think the previous quests were too generous, but I do think there should be some quest with a small reward of non-boosted goods.

DeletedUser

I am still disappointed there is no bonus of small goods that are not your boosted goods. I think the previous quests were too generous, but I do think there should be some quest with a small reward of non-boosted goods.

This, Good Sir, could quite easily become a solution (of sorts) to declinable quests, and why some of us decline them over and over and over. The rewards for them are often too weak to even consider investing the time and effort into completing them. True, it would not help with the constant quests to "upgrade 1 workshop/boosted manufactory/etc. to level 5 or above", when all of those builds are already at level 8 or 9, and your city space is too limited to justify building a new (and oft unneeded) new one. And take a huge loss on invested goods, supplies and population to complete it. I'll continue to decline those over and over, even if the reward was a large number of non-boosted goods.

But there are some of those repeating declinable quests that would be more attractive if the reward was a reasonable amount of 2 same tier non-boosted goods that I need. Not saying I'd complete them, but if the reward was attractive enough, I may consider it, instead of hitting the "Decline" button without thought.

Last edited by a moderator: