• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
True. But someone could also build a few armories to increase the training size. It doesn't get done any faster, but you can get more done overnight.
They can, but a single extra 2x2 factory saves 24 hours off those quests. It would take a dozen 2x2 armouries to get an extra 3-6 hours of overnight production from the barracks

To me, its a tradeoff that everyone should understand. If you keep your barracks at level 1, you are getting a huge benefit by saving on pop and culture.
People accept tradeoffs to use their chosen play-style. There's nothing wrong with that. But Events are perks, and if the perks aren't intended to be available to all play styles, then the developers should be telling you can't play just any play style, not springing it on you by surprise in the last step of the event.

DeletedUser9601

not springing it on you by surprise in the last step of the event.
This is only a valid complaint for a player in his or her first event. And assuming that person has been ignoring a dozen+ quests from the outset of the game telling them to upgrade their barracks, and build and upgrade multiple armories.

Every event has had "Train troops" in some form or another. And we're also assuming a player hasn't looked here or on third-party sites for quest spoilers/event advice, or heard in advance from fellow FS members. I'm fine having a side discussion about how doable the quests really are without any prep work or using spoilers. But I'm not sure it is fair to blame the developers though, that they're somehow encouraging one style of play (no military) during the course of the game, but then pulling out the rug during events.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This is only a valid complaint for a player in his or her first event.
Nope. I don't think any other mini-event (if even the big ones) had such a high volume of troops required.
And assuming that person has been ignoring a dozen+ quests from the outset of the game telling them to upgrade their barracks, and build and upgrade multiple armories.
Actually, as soon as you decide to ignore the first required quest, you don't see any more, so that's not accurate for all cases. And even if it was, people ignore quests all the time without damaging their play. There is no particular reason to think that it will eliminate you from future events.
But I'm not sure it is fair to blame the developers though, that they're somehow encouraging one style of play (no military) during the course of the game, but then pulling out the rug during events.
Again, I'm fairly sure that this is the first event ever that required "a huge amount of units" at 3 times squad size. Not everyone plays the same. People with optional SS techs, and those who have not been doing the required quests (or now are refusing them after the chapter is complete) could easily spend two or three days on that single step (if they had sufficient supplies on hand), and end up with a bunch troops they won't/can't use. The extra goods that we were forced to make are not wasted resources for us. I wouldn't say they specifically encourage non-troop players, but they don't do a lot to discourage it, and they have a lot of that kind of player. This is a new event requirement that places an onerous burden on those players

Deleted User - 976657

Sorry, that was past my bedtome. But no, the Merc camp doesn't really speed things up, it just (as mucksterme said) gives you another place to queue troops, If you're using troops all the time, it can be handy for stockpiling them during an event, by filling it's queue then not harvesting it while you fill the queue again from another building after it's finished. I used it a lot at night when it ran slower than my barracks and I couldn't keep the barracks full overnight. The dogs (as stated previously) are handy when there are a lot of light ranged in the opposition.
Actually, the Merc Camp turned out to be my saving grace. That allowed me to recruit the Fairy Drones (or Drone Fighters, or whatever they are). They populate at a much faster rate than the archers that I was previously recruiting. I did the time math and discovered that I would not had finished had I only been able to continue with the archers. Because of the Merc Camp giving me the capability to recruit the Flying Drones, I am going to finish this d*mned quest with just under five hours to spare.

DeletedUser9601

Nope. I don't think any other mini-event (if even the big ones) had such a high volume of troops required.
Not sure about prior mini-events. I don't have the time to do the research at the moment. But the last troop quest in the Phoenix Event was 2x squad size. And this one was 3x squad size. Different, sure? And I think its worthwhile to debate if 2x or 3x is the "right" number. Which I've said a couple times now. But new and surprising? I don't think so. And in the context of all of the other changes to make the quest-line more doable, and to add interim prizes, makes sense to me.

Deleted User - 976657

"Drone Riders" was the phrase I was looking for.
Here is an interesting bit, though: The max number of Drone Riders I could recruit per slot was 45. When I collected them, however, they gave me 90 extra troops for the quest. This happened every time and was the reason that I am going to be able to finish the Walpurgis Quest about ten minutes from now. I have no idea why it doubled the count, but, without that, it would have been a close thing indeed.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not sure about prior mini-events. I don't have the time to do the research at the moment. But the last troop quest in the Phoenix Event was 2x squad size. And this one was 3x squad size. Different, sure? And I think its worthwhile to debate if 2x or 3x is the "right" number. Which I've said a couple times now. But new and surprising? I don't think so. And in the context of all of the other changes to make the quest-line more doable, and to add interim prizes, makes sense to me.
I'm not sure why having to do something we've never had to do before isn't new and surprising? It's 50% longer than the other, for something that already takes quite a bit of time for people that don't want to fight. (more below)
"Drone Riders" was the phrase I was looking for.
Here is an interesting bit, though: The max number of Drone Riders I could recruit per slot was 45. When I collected them, however, they gave me 90 extra troops for the quest. This happened every time and was the reason that I am going to be able to finish the Walpurgis Quest about ten minutes from now. I have no idea why it doubled the count, but, without that, it would have been a close thing indeed.
A typical squad size for a mid chapter player (Like Arionas with a score of 55,000) is probably about 750-1000. And even fully upgraded, with a training size of 90 (45x2DroneRiders) that means a full queue is 450 units (if they have 5 slots available), so three squad sizes is six to seven full runs of the queue, vs four to five full runs for 2xSquad size. I think that's daunting for a player who doesn't want to train any troops.

Deleted User - 976657

I'm not sure why having to do something we've never had to do before isn't new and surprising? It's 50% longer than the other, for something that already takes quite a bit of time for people that don't want to fight. (more below)
A typical squad size for a mid chapter player (Like Arionas with a score of 55,000) is probably about 750-1000. And even fully upgraded, with a training size of 90 (45x2DroneRiders) that means a full queue is 450 units (if they have 5 slots available), so three squad sizes is six to seven full runs of the queue, vs four to five full runs for 2xSquad size. I think that's daunting for a player who doesn't want to train any troops.
It was definitely daunting for me, and, without the Drone Riders, which I only got because I finally built the Mercenary Camp, I don't think I would have completed the quest at all. I'm used to having to train some troops for these quests, but, when we're not in quest mode, my Barracks sits with "Zs" over it all the time. I'll probably hang onto some of the upgraded military pieces for the next quest, but I really find the fighting part of the game to be dull, annoying, and glitch-filled. Like the hit-man Charles said, "You take the bad with the good."

Deleted User - 976657

Thanks to those of you who helped with pointers and suggestions. It felt good to finish a quest. I think I may have completed one or two previously, but I almost always miss out on the "big" prize, so it feels pretty great to have the dancing witches in my city. All-in-all, I know it's just one more building in a game of buildings, but there is a definite satisfaction in feeling like a "winner" today. :) Thanks to all. ;)

DeletedUser15383

I really enjoyed this event. As a Wiccan High Priestess, I do have a problem with the grand prize. The witches are dancing around the fire widdershins (counter-clockwise). Dancing this way raises negative energy, used for decreasing or diminishing something (like a cancer). At this time of year, we dance deosil (clockwise) to raise positive energy for growing crops.
''Potions brooms and familiars'' is the tale...
the quest is called ''The Dark Art and it's Troubles''...
So counter-clockwise is the right path...for the Quest ''The Dark Art and it's Troubles''
The left hand path is the dance around the fire....i brought the my own potion for the fire
marshmellows.....,...yum

DeletedUser17562

Elevnar News states the following:
"Walpurges Night Event
The Walpurges Night quest line will be available from April 23rd until May 5th on all worlds."
It is May 3rd in the U.S.A. What happened?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm pleased with this event. I agree with many of the previous posters: more options for completing quests (esp. the gain or use enchantment quests, what an improvement!). I've been playing my one city for over a year. Finished the quest in a few days (didn't really pay attention to how long it took. Had the spoilers, prepared a little, but generally didn't stress over it; I knew I'd finish in the allotted time). On Sunday afternoon with 4 days and a couple hours left in the event, I started my 2nd city. Wasn't even paying the event any attention there until I finished a quest and noticed it. Hmmm...it'd be nice to pick up a couple of those prizes for a chapter 1 city; forgot what it's like to not have enough coins/supplies, lol! So, went and got the spoiler list out and started seeing how far I could go without hurting my city and get some stuff I wasn't counting on. Here's how it ended up: Finished 35 of 48 quests; got the 3 small bldgs, 2x5%coin instants, 3x7min boosters, 13x3min boosters, a bunch of coins/goods(getting 500 unboosted tier 1 goods was a really nice surprise!)/supplies/spells(though some of those came in visit chests). I'm 12kp away from opening the Ch 2 chest, and have only completed the 10 provinces to open the chest, and the only diamonds I spent were the ones on the extra builder before I was even thinking about the event.
I doubt a true newbie would be able to make the event work for them the way that I could as a more seasoned player. I even put up 4 lvl 1 workshops (even though my regular ws were only lvl 3, lol) to get through those last few supplies quests. The gain troops quests were a bit daunting at first, but I'm developing this city for tournament play and once I got the 2 armories up, they were doable at 2xSS as long as I cycled regular quests to keep my supplies inventory up. Not sure I could have kept up if I'd made it to the 3xSS quest just because of supplies and starting after the halfway point. Had I begun the city earlier, I think it would have been doable for me.
So, I'm a pretty happy camper at the moment:D:cool:

DeletedUser17565

Dear Humans and Elves,

As you have seen, the Walpurgis Night quest line has been active on our server for almost a whole day. Do you have any feedback regarding this event so far? We would love to hear it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

what is Walpurgis night

Silvianar

I loved working the Quest. But I have 1 question. If it was supposed to run, as stated, from APRIL 23 THRU MAY 5 WHY DID IT END ON MAY 3RD????? As of this morning it shows up in NONE of my Worlds and yesterday May 3 it said 8 hours left. If it was supposed to run from this date to this date don't remove it before that day.

DeletedUser

2018-05-04.png

DeletedUser13104

Dear Humans and Elves,

As you have seen, the Walpurgis Night quest line has been active on our server for almost a whole day. Do you have any feedback regarding this event so far? We would love to hear it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
It was going well, but on May 3rd it suddenly disappeared! Must be magic.... :(

DeletedUser115

It does seem that it was changed to May 3rd, or possibly the date/time changed from Beta when our task was created. I have edited the thread, even though it's too late. :(

I do apologize for the mix-up, but hopefully everyone was able to catch the in-game timer throughout the event.