• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Game Features Fellowship Adventure Bank

lomee

One badge is a low bar but it's dependent on there being availability to match your time availability and badges. There are many fellowships that are only going to get one path which greatly limits the possible locations for placement. West Coast (USA) players tend to have less to pick from after their East Coast and Midwest cousins have worked over the locations. As impossible as it sounds there are times it can be a lot harder than one might think to get that one badge placed. Be nice if there was a way for someone in that position to get credit for the path instead of losing out because they don't have the badge still needed. Say an attendance box where a player can drop a single badge to show they were there to get credit when they don't have any of the badges needed for the available locations.
@Count Rupert
We let people place one badge on ANY open point, not just waypoints.
You think East and West Coast are a problem, we have one who is in Europe. But then we jumped 5 places in the last half hour in the Pit and we had most of our players on-line including our Player from Europe. Most of us destruct our cities so that we can build lots of stage 1 Workshops, Marbles, and planks. Nice to has a stash of teleports so you can put most of it into storage. But then you have to make the time to put your cities back into playing orders so you can continue on which ever chapter you are working on.

Count Rupert

@Count Rupert
We let people place one badge on ANY open point, not just waypoints.
I'm confused. I'm not aware of any open points that are not either waypoints or switchpoints. Both of which must be unlocked before you can place badges on it. If we're on the Green and we're at that first switchpoint, there is no option to place one badge on the orange path's first switchpoint without completing the blue switchpoint in between. We too allow people to place one badge on any open waypoint/switchpoint to enable them to get the reward for the path. The point is where you can drop is restricted which in turn restricts the number of badge types that can be dropped. I don't know why it seems to be a difficult concept that it's possible that at a particular point in time the badges you have might not align with the badges that can be placed. Happens all the time. It's just there can be times that it occurs at the only time a player has to drop a badge on that map. Does it happen often? No, but it can happen.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Some players actually try to fill all the map as quickly as possible in order to lock other people out. They don't want to wait for everyone to come on. Once the map is full, they don't have to wait.
Well SHEESH! Glad my fellowship doesn't suck. We don't wait forever, but we'll wait a good few hours. As long as you keep making badges and have a dedicated crew, you can afford to wait at least as long as you promised to do. I put out a time sheet for the crew. They give me a "no later than" time slot that they'll be in. We wait until that time (clearly stated in Eastern, NYC time). If they aren't in, we move. But to try to fill up everything so that people can't get in ... well sheesh.

That boggles my mind... why be in a fellowship if that's how you want to treat your fellows. Crazy.
I agree 100 percent.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I just want to emphasize, that when this happens in a fellowship that I run, I've stepped hard on it, and if the offender doesn't listen, then yes, they go. I have seen it happen in other fellowships, have left other fellowships if the behaviour was not stepped on. We leave no one behind that is actively playing, I watch for everyone. I've taken flak on Beta, for watching and counting heads. It's nice that everyone can see who is missing now.

But this is about the bank. We can always ask, but they have said 'no', very emphatically, in the past, on several occasions. Someone proposes this about every second FA, and the answer is always the same.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I would like to make a suggestion.

One single FA bank for FA event, whereby all the members of the FS badges collected go into one inventory bank instead of individual banks, so to speak. That way, any member can draw from the bank and plug the required badges on any given path and pit.

Thoughts...
i typed up a book report on this a long while back. To much to even fit in one post. If done right, its a good idea. And everyone i talk to in game wants it. But ppl here just complain about it. Cant see the over all benefit of it.