• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure push cities?

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
This thread seems to have devolved into a coiner vs ftp snark fest.

FtP players are great as long as Inno keeps them in their proper place. . . beneath you? It is okay to spend a grand to win, but not okay to spend endless hours playing an alt?

Whatever, your premise is flawed. Having alts does not prevent players from spending, not having alts does not force players to spend.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
This thread seems to have devolved into a coiner vs ftp snark fest.

FtP players are great as long as Inno keeps them in their proper place. . . beneath you? It is okay to spend a grand to win, but not okay to spend endless hours playing an alt?

Whatever, your premise is flawed. Having alts does not prevent players from spending, not having alts does not force players to spend.

What in the world are you talking about? I don‘t think that nor did I say that. I have alts and spend on them so??? On the other hand, i have my top city where I regularly have to remind folks that I don‘t want them to add anything to my AWs except fellowship perks or ruins they get from my AWs that they are probably years from getting to. God forbid somebody thinks my FS would help me! I actually worry about the 1 for 8 trades I do some of the time to help them. So, I have to ask if these FA cities are officially OK so I don’t have one more thing to stress about not being a good idea just because I am a top ranked city :(

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
OK, Everyone take a step back. Deep Breath and ... Anonglitch was specific in that, using an "alt" or regular account stripped down or created expressly for an FA was allowed, as the definition of pushing was not being violated. Can we just let it go at that? Also, Multiple accounts are allowed as defined in Elvenar as stated in the rules for "this" game

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
OK, Everyone take a step back. Deep Breath and ... Anonglitch was specific in that, using an "alt" or regular account stripped down or created expressly for an FA was allowed, as the definition of pushing was not being violated. Can we just let it go at that? Also, Multiple accounts are allowed as defined in Elvenar as stated in the rules for "this" game
Thank you @Astram I appreciate the response. I was requesting an official statement on these FA cities. I didn’t find it and apparently nobody else had a link to it. Now I can go check out the new research tree. Woo Hoo!

Genefer

Whatever, your premise is flawed. Having alts does not prevent players from spending,

It does not prevent nor force anyone to spend money, but it does decrease the incentive to spend money.

The Adventure is another opportunity for Innogames to earn money while giving the player the opportunity to acquire the 1 or 2 artifacts they need at the same time.

Even if player purchases the diamond/currency option during the event they might still come up short, I know because I bought the little diamond/currency package.

These are some of the opportunities for InnoGames to sell their products during an Adventure.

Players might:

Use diamonds to speed Factory and Workshop production for bracelets, necklaces, statues, Blacksmiths, and Farmers badges.

Use diamonds to increase Goods & Supplies to complete more tournament or Spire encounters to produce Witch Hat, Ghost, Marble, Staffs, Wonder, and Vision Vapor badges.

Use diamonds to acquire enchantments quickly, craft quickly, pay to reset crafting options - repeatedly to acquire Coin Rain Falls for coin badges and vision vapor badges, AWkp & KP for wonder badges.

And of course, players can simply purchase badge bundles.

If the player/s are still unable to acquire the artifact - then Inno has the opportunity to earn money if they choose to spend diamonds to craft the artifact in the Magic Academy - later - much later - which incentivizes players to purchase diamonds or badge bundles, Event Currency, and Stash Outpost buildings in future Events.

Even if players only spent 5 Dollars during Events & Adventure - that would amount to quite a bit of money.

Alternative accounts used specifically for producing adventure badges - undermine every one of these opportunities for Inno to earn money.

Just like Deborah said, why should she continue to spend money when she can create a bunch of alternative accounts to supplement her badge contribution to her Fellowship Adventure funneled through her real city - for FREE!

Let's be honest - these fake accounts are not for Rank their purpose is to acquire the rewards without spending money.

My contention with this "work around" is the impact it has on my city - my real city - which spent a year in desolation on the left side of the map only to be moved to desolation on the right side of the - surrounded by 84 Gold Mines and these false cities. These "cities" contribute to my actual city being relegated to desolation - because these players build these false cities, because they supposedly want a "higher rank" in the Fellowship Adventure.

Perhaps if this "work around" which seems to be strongly defended, suggesting the false city is common practice, wasn't cluttering the map with junk - there would be more real players in the game, because rather than being inundated with false neighbors they might actually have trading and neighborly help partners, increasing player retention. Perhaps there would be more Fellowships with a higher number of members, composed of enthusiastic active excited players that would get those artifacts - sorry higher adventure rank - without degraded the game for everyone else.

Oh - and that is an additional consequence that undermines InnoGames' Opportunity to earn money, because this without doubt decreases player retention.

My issue is not about free user's vs paying customers - it is about players undermining the enjoyment of the game for other players - with flippant disregard.

Tradable Goods, AWkp/KP/Runes - undermine the opportunity for InnoGames to earn money - continuing in the the same spirit of the definition of a Push account - it follows that "etc." is a broad generic term applying to any activity that undermines the opportunity for InnoGames to earn money - and it is undeniable that these false cities undermine the opportunity for Innogames' to earn money.

Terms of Agreements are contracts and nowhere in that contract does it even imply that Elvenar or any of their other games - is an exception to the rule - a rule that everyone of us agreed to follow when we made our initial account and continue to agree to comply to every time, we login.

How about instead of scamming the game - small Fellowship can attempt to merge with other small Fellowship. Or request the adventure requirements be scaled to Fellowship size or some other change to be a better fit for all players &
fellowships. Or teleport some of your buildings to make room for level 1s and save up your resources to use to acquire badges once the FA begins.

It is extremely selfish to assert "everyone can play their cities how they want" - while preventing me from playing my game, to the level of my efforts, in my legitimate city. Unbelievable!

defiantoneks

It is extremely selfish to assert "everyone can play their cities how they want" - while preventing me from playing my game, to the level of my efforts, in my legitimate city.
if you didn't go and visit these cities to see what's in them, would it make any difference between them and an inactive player? no.
I spent a year and a half in a dead zone with 124 coin cities before I got moved. I still went about my game play, advanced in chapters, spent time with my FS members, did countless events and FAs, etc etc. I had fewer trade partners, and less neighborly help. This happens regardless of whether the city is abandoned or if the player is active only for their FA. If Inno didn't want trading, rune donations, etc they would not have built them as the very basis of the game.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
This is totally off subject, but I do want @Genefer to really understand what @defiantoneks is saying. I am #3 in ranking on Elcy with $4,700,000+ ranking points. I have 770 completed map provinces and am working on ring 19. And, *drum roll*, I have literally hundreds of coin & dead cities (assumed due to lack of FS) in my explored map. Whatever it is they do to move cities doesn't work right or fairly in my opinion. I always feel like I am lucky if I have 1 or 2 other big cities to trade with. While I find that really offensive, it obviously has not stopped me from being finished the last chapter and having a very large city that I can do whatever I want to do in the game without much effort. Like you, I also sometimes wonder how many of those little neighbors, who are not in fellowships are either traditional push accounts or even what I still consider FA push accounts. Obviously, there is nothing I can do about it so I fall back on "It is what it is". Thinking about the FA push cities in light of the issues @Genefer has pointed out, I won't be starting FA push cities so that I won't be adding to the map mess. ;)

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I dont really get how an 'fa push city' opperates in this age of elvenar... Between the teleport building enchantment and all the fa badge changes over the last few years... The most effective FA city is a normally built one. One that can do tourney and spire, have well lvl'ed t1s for braclets, many residents for coins, spire player for crafting mets.... etc etc etc etc etc... Basically all the normal parts of the game are a badge now. - I just use teleport building spells on my t2 and t3 for more room and then everything else i have is usable for badges. - Room is really the only extra benefit one can get. But room without everything else is only minimly effective. Because the pit require 5 of each badge then repeats. So i could make 10 million blackmsiths, but without a city that can do tourney/spire for those badges.. i wouldnt be able to use most any of em. - Im not saying the fa system is perfect (ha!) but i dont really see how a 'fa push city' is of any use? The most effective 'fa push city' would just be a fully functioning well built second+ city.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
This is totally off subject, but I do want @Genefer to really understand what @defiantoneks is saying. I am #3 in ranking on Elcy with $4,700,000+ ranking points. I have 770 completed map provinces and am working on ring 19. And, *drum roll*, I have literally hundreds of coin & dead cities (assumed due to lack of FS) in my explored map. Whatever it is they do to move cities doesn't work right or fairly in my opinion. I always feel like I am lucky if I have 1 or 2 other big cities to trade with. While I find that really offensive, it obviously has not stopped me from being finished the last chapter and having a very large city that I can do whatever I want to do in the game without much effort. Like you, I also sometimes wonder how many of those little neighbors, who are not in fellowships are either traditional push accounts or even what I still consider FA push accounts. Obviously, there is nothing I can do about it so I fall back on "It is what it is". Thinking about the FA push cities in light of the issues @Genefer has pointed out, I won't be starting FA push cities so that I won't be adding to the map mess. ;)

I've already suggested it somewhere else, I think on the cities movement thread. Small cities should start at the edge of the map and big cities should be moved to the centre. Small cities discovered world is very small so it will fit on the edge while big cities will be able to help them with trades and visits because their discovered map will cover more of them. It's very unproductive for big cities to have a lot of gold mines while they could help a lot of small cities included in their discovered world. When a small city is in the middle of the map, it can't still visit or help many others with the trades because they can't reach them.

Count Rupert

I've already suggested it somewhere else, I think on the cities movement thread. Small cities should start at the edge of the map and big cities should be moved to the centre. Small cities discovered world is very small so it will fit on the edge while big cities will be able to help them with trades and visits because their discovered map will cover more of them. It's very unproductive for big cities to have a lot of gold mines while they could help a lot of small cities included in their discovered world. When a small city is in the middle of the map, it can't still visit or help many others with the trades because they can't reach them.
New cities do start of the edge. They just have priority to be moved closer to the center over established cities stuck on the edge. I'm on the edge and I see the changeovers every week. New cities arise in goldmine provinces throughout the week to be moved the following Monday. Rinse and repeat. It seems the only way those established cities are going to be moved is to be lucky some week when cities they want to remove from near the center outnumber the number of new cities started with the same resource set. Something that doesn't appear to happen very often. At least not in proportion to the number of us on the edge.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
New cities do start of the edge.

No. New cities, at the moment they are created, go into the open spot that is closest to the center of the map. This is why when we were still trying to keep track of the center city on each US server, we had to keep updating. The city at the center would go inactive and get auto-deleted when it reached whatever the magic number of days happens to be, and then the very next new city created was dropped into that now empty spot. Then that new city would go inactive in a few weeks and get deleted a few weeks later and another new city was dropped into the empty spot. This goes on 24/7 because inactive baby cities are auto-deleted at any time of the day, as soon as they hit their time to go, not just on one specific day of the week. The once-per-week thing was for moving bigger inactive cities away from the center and moving active cities in closer.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I've already suggested it somewhere else, I think on the cities movement thread. Small cities should start at the edge of the map and big cities should be moved to the centre. Small cities discovered world is very small so it will fit on the edge while big cities will be able to help them with trades and visits because their discovered map will cover more of them.
I disagree with this completely. Established cities have a much greater ability to survive in the wasteland than new cities do. New cities need to be surrounded by layers and layers of help while they are getting started.

Count Rupert

No. New cities, at the moment they are created, go into the open spot that is closest to the center of the map. This is why when we were still trying to keep track of the center city on each US server, we had to keep updating. The city at the center would go inactive and get auto-deleted when it reached whatever the magic number of days happens to be, and then the very next new city created was dropped into that now empty spot. Then that new city would go inactive in a few weeks and get deleted a few weeks later and another new city was dropped into the empty spot. This goes on 24/7 because inactive baby cities are auto-deleted at any time of the day, as soon as they hit their time to go, not just on one specific day of the week. The once-per-week thing was for moving bigger inactive cities away from the center and moving active cities in closer.
Maybe they work from the center out. Maybe they fill in open spots as they're created during the week (cities are removed from the map after 60 days of not logging in so they happen every day of the week). All I know is I have a LOT of new cities in my neighborhood every week that are constantly changed. I don't know what criteria they have for moving inactive established cities if in fact they even do (probably to do with whether they purchased diamonds and are not removed from the map but placed near the edge). I do know I've seen a number of cities hit 60 days of not logging in and their cities disappear from the map (they're no longer on the map anywhere). And I've seen some log back in after being removed and are placed back on the map.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I disagree with this completely. Established cities have a much greater ability to survive in the wasteland than new cities do. New cities need to be surrounded by layers and layers of help while they are getting started.

New cities will have big cities to help them, and more than currently because the big cities will have more active players in their discovered map rather than gold mines. Small cities don't need layers and layers of help, they need regular small help, that is more than sufficient for their needs. Big cities can help more small players because of less gold mines and therefore more small players will get more help. Anyways, I don't know how to explain it any better. All it comes down to that big players having a lot of gold mines isn't right, they could be helping a lot of small players instead.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I agree, I had a city start out on the verge, I almost dumped it. It was horrible.

Count Rupert

Maybe because there wasn't enough big cities that would have you in their discovered map?
I think it depends on the circumstances. Big cities frequently don't need the gold they receive from giving neighborly help and so many generally don't offer neighborly help if they're not receiving neighborly help from a city. New cities have no range to give much neighborly help. Big cities living on the edge have the range to at least be able to be getting some neighborly helps even with a lot of goldmines. At least that's the general theory. You can come up with reasonable arguments for both positions. Comes down to who they see benefiting the most from the move. They picked new cities.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Maybe because there wasn't enough big cities that would have you in their discovered map?
Or just not enough active traders who wasted their time checking for baby trades. Being on the verge sucks, a good fellowship can get you through it but new cities can't join and don't actually know how to find a good fs once they can join. I think putting new cities on the verge would reduce player retention even more. Just my opinion.