• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure Quest Cycle

DeletedUser5800

Assuming that there is no intention of a complete redesign, I offer this fairly simple solution to the Decline/Open/Decline system currently in place. Once you open the One Quest Giver there would be arrows that let you switch quest without closing the window as seen here, with a guide arrow under it showing your current quest in relation to the other 9 and you would simply Accept the quest you wanted to fulfill, which would close the window.
This would also allow for the future development of it saving progress on each individual quest.
*Text Change: (THIS QUEST REAPPEARS. YOU CAN ACCEPT IT OR ROTATE THROUGH THE EVENT QUESTS.)
upload_2017-11-15_18-27-41.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4192

Assuming that there is no intention of a complete redesign, I offer this fairly simple solution to the Decline/Open/Decline system currently in place. Once you open the One Quest Giver there would be arrows that let you switch quest without closing the window as seen here, with a guide arrow under it showing your current quest in relation to the other 9 and you would simply Accept the quest you wanted to fulfill, which would close the window.
This would also allow for the future development of it saving progress on each individual quest.
*Text Change: (THIS QUEST REAPPEARS. YOU CAN ACCEPT IT OR ROTATE THROUGH THE EVENT QUESTS.)
View attachment 2715
A pull down menu would work too

DeletedUser5800

A pull down menu would work too
Indeed, there are at least a handful of what I would consider better solutions, but they have been suggested a bazillion times with zero response so I decided to look at from the criteria:
1. What have they proven they can code with the team they have?
2. What have they proven they can integrate into the existing code?
3. Would it allow for future development that further improves it?
4. Would it be touch friendly on mobile?
5. Does it have the original feel that I assume they want?
ect, ect,
Basically, the smallest change that would make the most difference. ;)

shimmerfly

Indeed, there are at least a handful of what I would consider better solutions, but they have been suggested a bazillion times with zero response so I decided to look at from the criteria:
1. What have they proven they can code with the team they have?
2. What have they proven they can integrate into the existing code?
3. Would it allow for future development that further improves it?
4. Would it be touch friendly on mobile?
5. Does it have the original feel that I assume they want?
ect, ect,
Basically, the smallest change that would make the most difference. ;)
Best idea I've seen yet Lord Draconian. From your lips (Fingers) to their ears!

DeletedUser5747

View attachment 2715
I seriously can't like this enough.. :cool:;):):D

DeletedUser11542

Best idea I've seen yet Lord Draconian. From your lips (Fingers) to their ears!

While I don't feel like creating the image, such as Lord Draconian, another option, my suggestion would be that which is similar to what is already in place, a panel; similar to what is already in play for selecting Buildings.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
View attachment 2715

Yes this would be a vast improvement! ***** 5 stars, lol.

DeletedUser5800

@PolishKnight I can see something like that also, though accepting would have to pop up the quest screen detailing the quest which would be an extra click but still an improvement over 24 clicks... and there would have to be a place to open it and a place for the current quest to be in queue. But if they could somehow do that easier than my idea so be it. :)
upload_2017-11-18_22-44-5.png

MirandaZink

I like the 2nd idea better but only adding text about what is required to build it (e.g. 20 1 hour supply build or all tier 1 3 hour build etc.) because when they roll this again I certainly won't remember all this stuff.

DeletedUser5800

Then of course there is something like this that would track all quest at once.
Note: If it were twice as wide and only 1 page that would be better but I kept it the general size of everything else.
*Flacon would obviously be on page 2 in this scenario but for the point of a more complete example I put it on page 1 (rather than make 2 pages of example.)
upload_2017-11-19_23-15-33.png

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
It makes more since then the quest givers that you have to decline, when it comes up with the warning that" this cannot be undone" or something like that. At least this would be easier to explain, I think anyway. Or your earlier idea would be good too.

NearOK

I too like Lord Draconian's idea, and I certainly admire his mastery of graphics. Inno would do well to commission him to modify this universally unpleasant FA aspect.

I had considered a change based on the current Trader system, or where all the builds are displayed and a simple radio button utilized to select the desired item to construct.

I think that anyone willing to play this moderately complex FA should be willing to write down a few notes, rather than have the repetitive instruction n every conceivable screen. This was my first FA and it was a simple matter to write out a cheat sheet delineating the various builds available. id est: Brewery = 50 Beverages = 5min Supplies
Flagon = 1@ 3-hr 1st tier goods