• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

NightshadeCS

I still do not believe a Grand Prize should be something from a previous event. It's too much like handing out surplus from a warehouse of overstocked merchandise, or leftovers.

I have always looked at the Fellowship Adventure as something more akin to the tournaments. The (eventual) plan, as I have understood it, is for it to recur at a regular interval and be similar (or identical) each time. For this reason, I see no problem using recycled buildings. This isn't an event with a unique storyline that requires a new building. As a concession, maybe they could change the color or something, and maybe tweak the attributes slightly. Kind of like the various iterations of unicorns.

DeletedUser13002

Any room for a middle-grounder here...?

I still do not believe a Grand Prize should be something from a previous event. It's too much like handing out surplus from a warehouse of overstocked merchandise, or leftovers. The least you could do is to put the mechanics, the coding, of the building inside a new image (which I have said before.) Pay someone to draw a new building. Surely InnoGames has a digital artist on staff.

Obviously, they have many digital artists on staff ... who are all busy creating a boatload of buildings and loadscreen artwork for the next several events. If it were this simple to create a new skin for buildings, they could do so for all these events and address this complaint easily. But while it's easy for us sitting on this end of the process to talk about how much more visual designing they ought to be doing, I strongly suspect it's a lot tougher to follow through on their end.

As for the repeated buildings ... not everyone is able to complete all the events, or land all of the buildings they'd like to get their hands on when opening chests during the course of a major event. Many players weren't even present for those prior events. For some folks, it's nice to have another shot at getting something they missed previously—and these adventures are a good place to do just that. If you don't need or want it yourself, you can be helping others in your FS get it for themselves. I doubt there's a single building to be found on the total list of prizes offered from the very first event on that every single player in Elvenar would love to have made available again. They can't please everyone with these things, and they know it. All they can do is offer an amenable prize each time around and hope for the best (and Menhirok's Barrow definitely fits that category).

What I'm saying is that the overall tone on the forums got way worse from FA 3 to FA 4 even though the FA got better rewards, and went down far fewer badges, especially the 24/48 ones.
In short, the FA got better, but player response got worse (on the forums)

That's largely because FA 3 was widely (and accurately, in my opinion) regarded as the worst of all the FAs so far by people who like the concept of the FAs (in other words, not just the pathological complainers)—in no small part because they really did make the climb so much tougher, and offered some truly junk prizes for the effort. If the players had some time to recover from the stench of it, they might've been more willing to give FA 4 a chance, but shunting it in a mere month later made the negative response inevitable. Chalk it up to bad design in 3 and bad timing for 4, but I think it was baked into the cake from the start this time around.

DeletedUser9247

[...] I doubt there's a single building to be found on the total list of prizes offered from the very first event on that every single player in Elvenar would love to have made available again. [...]

Yes there is :D

Winter_Star.png

DeletedUser16195

Our FS enjoyed this FA much more than any other we have done. The one issue we had and which held us back was in each stage there was an orc requirement. No one in our FS has reached orcs so it was impossible for us to complete that waypoint and the one after that in each stage. We will end the FA in second place. However never had a shot at being #1 for this reason.

Perhaps in the future this requirement could be purchased with diamonds to keep the field even.

DeletedUser3949

Completing all 3 stages of the FA required fewer than 50 of each spell. That is 2 of each spell per player. Not impossible at all.
You are making an assumption that every Fellowship has 25 active players and/or 25 players that are willing to participate. Most of the Fellowships on my map, including my own, may have 25 players but there is no way all 25 are active. AND not all of the Fellowships require participation.

Note I'm not complaining. I'm fine with how my Fellowship works and how far we got in the adventure. I just wanted to state that you're making an assumption with the numbers.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I enjoy the Fellowship Adventures.... however:

The spells were difficult because of the relics.... the relic requirements in addition to the spell requirements were difficult. I have over half the players in my fellowship that haven't even reached the Dwarves yet. I like having the mix of players. The goods requirements were way high as well. We didn't have full participation because LIFE doesn't always allow it. None of us are rabid enough players to insist on one hundred percent participation. I am the archmage but I do most things by common consensus since it is a fellowship and not a dictatorship. I would like to see them eliminate the relics requirements. I don't mind the rest of the badges. I think the 'sack of coins' really helped as far as the visiting from neighbors went just because they needed the coins. I liked the Wonder Society badge because it really encouraged donations to different AW's which was very nice. The sheer numbers of the elvarian guard badges was a bit steep.

I wonder how well the weaker fellowships did and the newer fellowships with smaller players and numbers because the totals were really high for some of them. I like that the badges for the guards and coins were based on chapter though, that made it easier for the smaller players.

I hope next time they do a little more balancing with an eye to people who aren't in the sort of fellowships that are filled with top ranked players. It doesn't encourage fellowships to have broader parameters when they are looking at tournaments and adventures that depend of city size and reserves.

By the way, are they going to post a calendar of fellowship events? I would like to have an idea of the schedule so that my fellowship can design their cities (for those of us that support the tier one badge requirements) and for the people that would like to be able to produce more of the workshop badges.

You are making an assumption that every Fellowship has 25 active players and/or 25 players that are willing to participate. Most of the Fellowships on my map, including my own, may have 25 players but there is no way all 25 are active. AND not all of the Fellowships require participation.

Note I'm not complaining. I'm fine with how my Fellowship works and how far we got in the adventure. I just wanted to state that you're making an assumption with the numbers.

Agreed. I am super proud of my fellowship. We got pretty far considering that we had about 75% participation. Some of the players have very small cities and could only really make farmer's delight badges, sacks of coins, wonder society and guards. There are time constraints ( All of us have active family, work, and recreational lives) I just hope that instead of designing the adventure for the top ten fellowships, they look at the other fellowships and use them to balance some of the requirements. Instead of asking for goods, they could have goods production badges that are chapter linked like the coins and guards

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence

I'm also assuming that people can extrapolate information from what I've pointed out
If
24 players each need 2 of ea spell, then
12 players each need ????

2 types.jpg

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm also assuming that people can extrapolate information from what I've pointed out
If
24 players each need 2 of ea spell, then
12 players each need ????

View attachment 3639

I think that most everyone will get the point, soggy.... but even at that, I think some of the totals needed were designed for the top fellowships and not the average fellowships. Like I stated previously, if a fellowship is comprised of vastly different capabilities then the fellowship adventure totals become more difficult for them to satisfy than a fellowship who has nothing but advanced players and I'm not sure that is good for game wide participation. Just my opinion. No advanced extrapolation needed.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I think that most everyone will get the point, soggy.... but even at that, I think some of the totals needed were designed for the top fellowships and not the average fellowships. Like I stated previously, if a fellowship is comprised of vastly different capabilities then the fellowship adventure totals become more difficult for them to satisfy than a fellowship who has nothing but advanced players and I'm not sure that is good for game wide participation. Just my opinion. No advanced extrapolation needed.

Actually looking at E it looks like the FS rankings for the top 20 in the FA are all over the place. I am a bit impressed that it was not only top FS that earned rewards this FA

DeletedUser3468

They actually are in the tournament. You can get them once you reach the 5th and 6th round (star) of a province.

Not all of us get to the 5th or 6th rounds especially when we are in small cities... I don't have the time to log on at 16 hour intervals to manage to make it to the 6th round at all and I only occasionally can make it to the 5th. Of course, I am at least far enough along in most of my cities that I can just make the Magical Manufacturing spell... even though it takes a full day to do. One of my cities (which happily decided to sit out the FA) my Magic Academy isn't able to make the MM spells yet... haven't gotten to the research for it! This is the main reason I would like to see this one dropped completely. If you aren't far enough along to make the MM spell in you Academy and you can't make it to the 5th or 6th round in tourney, you have to hope to have one show up in the "treasure chests" and also hope that you're lucky enough to have guessed correctly and have the wand quest icon up and ready!

qaccy

The thing is, if you're in a FS that 'can't' reach the end...is that really a problem? I don't think it'd be a very well-designed feature if even the smallest or laziest fellowship was able to complete all 3 levels. If your FS is unable, well, at least you can still obtain the rewards from at least level 1 and maybe 2. It doesn't have to be made so accessible that it doesn't require any real effort to fully complete the thing. At least, not in my opinion.

At some point, hard work and commitment should be rewarded beyond simply 'everyone's a winner!' I think this FA more than any other actually came close to finding that balance between effort and reward. The last hurdle in my mind that has to be crossed is the rework of the quest system in order to make it not a giant hassle to collect the badges.

DeletedUser16202

I have been playing online games since 1999 and I have seen my share with different business models and I am curious what is Elvenar's business model .
They here for the long haul , or just another couple years as their greed for gems takes over .
This latest Fellowship event was directed specifically for higher ranking and more established Fellowships , which probably buy the most gems . It however pretty much cut the bulk of the fellowships out of the event .
If this is their trend I doubt this game will enjoy the same popularity in 18 months , least based on similar game models I have seen .
I was also really disappointed in this latest event as the resource requirement was massive and the prizes were weak at best all things considered .
I thoroughly enjoy participating in events , due to the team spirit and the increased cohesiveness of the group dynamics that is derived from such events , but I think my fellowship's participation in the next event will depend heavily if things are more balanced or not .

qaccy

I have been playing online games since 1999 and I have seen my share with different business models and I am curious what is Elvenar's business model .
They here for the long haul , or just another couple years as their greed for gems takes over .
This latest Fellowship event was directed specifically for higher ranking and more established Fellowships , which probably buy the most gems . It however pretty much cut the bulk of the fellowships out of the event .
If this is their trend I doubt this game will enjoy the same popularity in 18 months , least based on similar game models I have seen .
I was also really disappointed in this latest event as the resource requirement was massive and the prizes were weak at best all things considered .
I thoroughly enjoy participating in events , due to the team spirit and the increased cohesiveness of the group dynamics that is derived from such events , but I think my fellowship's participation in the next event will depend heavily if things are more balanced or not .

I'm curious to hear how specifically you'd like to see it done better. For what it's worth, while there've certainly been growing pains, Elvenar is already more than two years old. I think if it was going to fail it probably would've done so already. Of course, the game's not going to last forever but I don't think the end is coming any time soon.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This latest Fellowship event was directed specifically for higher ranking and more established Fellowships , which probably buy the most gems
I keep seeing players post this, but I'm not convinced that it's true.
Yes, the relics and goods requirements were easier if you had a few advanced players, but the rest of the FA required badges that were scaled by chapter.
The prizes if anything favor smaller, newer players.
  • The Menhirok's Barrow scaled by chapter, so that's even.
  • The time,supply, and coin instants are percent based, so that's even.
  • The KP is where it changes. For a small, newer player, 80 KP in a wonder is often 1/2 a level in that wonder, and for an advanced player 80 KP might not even fill a wonder 10% of the way to the next level.
On the servers that I checked (W&K) there were over a dozen fellowships on each not ranked in the top 100 that finished all 3 stages.
In fact on those 2 servers only 75% of fellowships that completed all 3 stages are in the top 100 ranked fellowships.

On Khelonaar a FS ranked #183 finished all 3 stages.
They have
1 player over 100K,
1 player under 3K
An average score of 37K
and 3 spots open

Last edited:

DeletedUser3602

The thing is, if you're in a FS that 'can't' reach the end...is that really a problem? I don't think it'd be a very well-designed feature if even the smallest or laziest fellowship was able to complete all 3 levels. If your FS is unable, well, at least you can still obtain the rewards from at least level 1 and maybe 2. It doesn't have to be made so accessible that it doesn't require any real effort to fully complete the thing. At least, not in my opinion.

At some point, hard work and commitment should be rewarded beyond simply 'everyone's a winner!' I think this FA more than any other actually came close to finding that balance between effort and reward. The last hurdle in my mind that has to be crossed is the rework of the quest system in order to make it not a giant hassle to collect the badges.

I totally agree with this. I've been playing online games for a while too and many games have Events that you're not even supposed to complete when you're new. It's supposed to be an incentive to keep playing and get better...