• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

DeletedUser9992

Disappointed in the Fellowship Adventure. Before the addition of the new badges. The adventures were completed by the skin of our teeth. Now however they have become impossible. The addition of the wands, potions, and witches hats. Make the challenge virtually impossible, because of their make up. You can only make 1 maybe 2 a day, unless their is a tournament. But that only helps with the hats, and potions. Not the wands. If you happen to get lucky in neighborly help. It will not make up for the insane number demanded in the way points. Considering the fact that they also shortened the allowable time to complete the adventure. I have decided not to participate in future FA's.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Considering the fact that they also shortened the allowable time to complete the adventure. I have decided not to participate in future FA's.
The FA has always been the same length of time.
Now however they have become impossible. The addition of the wands, potions, and witches hats. Make the challenge virtually impossible, because of their make up. You can only make 1 maybe 2 a day, unless their is a tournament.
Since the FA is 6.5 days long, there is always a tournament during the FA.
Completing all 3 stages of the FA required fewer than 50 of each spell. That is 2 of each spell per player. Not impossible at all.

DeletedUser13002

Completing all 3 stages of the FA required fewer than 50 of each spell. That is 2 of each spell per player. Not impossible at all.

Agreed. The spells are a creative addition that require a little planning and diligence, but not an overwhelming amount of effort. The longest one takes a full day for lower-level Academies, and that doesn't account for picking them up in tournaments or in daily help. The gregarious number of 2-day productions required by the last FA was a much more pointed example of imbalance (one they seemed to have corrected this time around); the Guards badge this time seems to have been the toughest climb in this iteration. Both of these are better examples than the spell badges.

DeletedUser9992

3rd map opens with 45 spells at start. Orange path has additional 45 spells. Blue path has additional 45 spells. Green path has 150 guard badges. I applaud the fellowships that have finished the adventure. I am in two different fellowships. Neither one has finished. The paths have been blocked in both adventures by the spells. I count that in total depending on orange and blue path 90 spells are needed to finish. If you go around the spell, than you need 45 spells and then 150 Guard badges. Plus the manufacturing spells is not in the tournaments. So you have to make the spells or get lucky. I could be wrong, its just gotten to frustrating for me.

DeletedUser6504

The FA has always been the same length of time.

Since the FA is 6.5 days long, there is always a tournament during the FA.
well on the 3rs round...for instance in the green path...you need 150 Elvarian guard potions....and yes it is impossible for those fellowships that don't have a full fellowship and a few of the players not participating. People have to work and real life gets in the way for some to be on constantly to reset for everything and it is to hard for trying to get potions...if you would let us double up on them with the quests it would be better but yes...I don't believe our Fellowship will participate in them any more.

DeletedUser6504

Agreed. The spells are a creative addition that require a little planning and diligence, but not an overwhelming amount of effort. The longest one takes a full day for lower-level Academies, and that doesn't account for picking them up in tournaments or in daily help. The gregarious number of 2-day productions required by the last FA was a much more pointed example of imbalance (one they seemed to have corrected this time around); the Guards badge this time seems to have been the toughest climb in this iteration. Both of these are better examples than the spell badges.
2 spells per member if youhave you have a full fellowship and every player in that fellowship is active everyday...I havent come across 1 fellowship like that. I know there are one like that but there are a lot that are not full and some members are not active because you get ppl that join then quit playing the game right away...trying to get new members is few and far between because a lot of the cities i come across..ppl have quit playing the game. Maybe they could make several versions of the Fellowship Adventures....1 for those full and very active fellowships and 1 for those fellowships that are not full and don't have every member actively playing every day

SoggyShorts

2 spells per member if youhave you have a full fellowship and every player in that fellowship is active everyday.
2 spells of each for 24 players
4 spells of each for 12 players
6 spells of each for 4 players

There are plenty of options.
well on the 3rs round...for instance in the green path...you need 150 Elvarian guard potions....and yes it is impossible for those fellowships that don't have a full fellowship and a few of the players not participating.

I would like to direct you to this quote:
With only
  • 12 of our 24 members playing,
  • 3 of whom were so new they had never seen an FA before. In an
  • FS with an overall rank of 143. With
  • the highest chapter player in Woodelves and
  • several who only logged in in the evenings after work,
  • we completed it last night
You can find the full post here:https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/new-fellowship-adventures.15410/page-10#post-95997

Last edited:

DeletedUser8709

First of all, not all fellowships have 25 active players, and not every fellowship has Level 5 Magic Academies. A major blizzard knocked out the electricity for four days for one of ours. Another is busy with family issues. One of our senior-level players said flat-out that this FA was not worth the effort for such poor rewards, and opted out of participating- how's that for building teamwork and camaraderie? And most of us work or do things besides sit at the computer screen knocking out Dwarven Beverages every 5 minutes. It is a problem that neither the Adventures nor the Tournaments nor the Magic Academy functions are accessible on the app yet. Neither are the awards for assisting another player. Neither are the fellowship message boxes, and you can't make it through these without communication.

We chose the blue route in Stage 1. It took us two days to get through the start node and the first node, between waiting on enchantments to cook in the Magic Academy and trying to have the right two Quests showing on the screen when visiting a neighbor. I don't know how many times I gambled on Wand and Witches Hat, or Magic Potion and Wand, when what popped up as a neighbor assist reward was the other enchantment (OR NO ENCHANTMENT AT ALL). And that was for 4, count them ONLY FOUR, enchantment-based badges. Don't get me started on the Elvarian guards, and I have my barracks boosted to 84, and my armories at one level below their max for my level.

It is intensely frustrating to have only two Quests active at any one time. I often have 4 or 5 different productions all coming ready at the same time, and some of them in the middle of the night when I'm half asleep. I'm not going to choose between this game and a good night's sleep again. And the same dang click-through-every-last-one-of-the-quest-options is still in place. I do not know why we cannot have this as a pull-down menu. It would also be helpful to be able to remove some of the quest options from the queue. However, I will be astonished and pleasantly surprised if any fix to address a much-repeated complaint, like the endless cycling through the quest menu, happens before the next adventure.

My interest level in Fellowship Adventures started high, with the first one. It has plunged steeply with each one, and I have seen the adventure actually become a source of negativity for fellowships. It makes it difficult to recruit players to a fellowship, when there becomes little to no interest in participating in fellowship adventures.

Look at the participation numbers. There are 1115 fellowships. Less than half, 444, participated, which might be expected. But then only 259 continued past the 100 points level, and only 216 continued past the 200 points level. It does not speak well for the popularity of the adventure if almost half of those participating drop out after completing only 1 or 2 nodes. Only 180 got to 1000 points. Right now, with 19 hours left, there are only 123 fellowships with 2000+ points.

Finally, if you have only a small percentage completing each stage, I would expect much better rewards. The Stage One rewards are not especially helpful for our beginner players, or attractive to the veterans either, for that matter. The Stage Two rewards are not worth 300,000 units of goods and 90 relics. The Grand Prize is not an original piece of art or city element. It is a recycled building that most of our players already have. The beginners would have liked completing the adventure, but it is not do-able. We are choosing to call it quits 1/3 of the way into Stage 2.

If there are no serious changes, I will not recommend that we participate in the next FA.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Look at the participation numbers.
180 got to 1000 points. Right now, with 19 hours left, there are only
123 fellowships with 2000+ points.
Sounds like the FA was a huge success. Think I'm crazy?
Have a look at your servers (US5)tournament participation:
4 @ 10 chests
3 @ 9 chests
1 @ 8 chests
5 @ 7 chests <---these and above is who I would expect to get 3 stages done
12 @6 chests
28@ 5 chests<----2 stages?
41@4 chests
53@3 chests<---1 stage?
71@2 chests
105@1 chest

I mean if your server only has 14 fellowships that got 7+ chests in the tournament, how many do you expect to complete all 3 stages of the FA?

Last edited:

DeletedUser8709

4 @ 10 chests
3 @ 9 chests
1 @ 8 chests
5 @ 7 chests
12 @6 chests
28@ 5 chests
41@4 chests
53@3 chests
71@2 chests
105@1 chest

Less than 1/4 of those who started got to a chest, and that's a huge success? Oh wait, those numbers have to be added. About half of those who started got to a chest. I am still not impressed.

SoggyShorts

Less than 1/4 of those who started got to a chest, and that's a huge success?
A FS that completes one point on the map could very easily be a single player, did you expect them to do more?

Comparing the FA to tournaments is a much more fair way to judge them.

147 FS got 3+ tournament chests, 180 FS completed one or more FA stages(with almost a day to go)
That sounds pretty even to me.
Keep in mind 3 chests is 3,700 tournament points- totally doable with 2 players
. About half of those who started got to a chest. I am still not impressed.
653 fellowships started the tournament (got more than zero points) but only 323 (less than half) got a chest, so would you call the tournament a failure too?;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser8709

You and I are both making assumptions about the FSs who complete only one or two points. I think you are making a mistake in dismissing the ones who drop out or do not participate without finding out who they are and why.

I am telling you now that our FS is very close to being a nonparticipant in the next FS adventure, and we have 18 active players. Eight could not or would not participate in this one. We debated before the last FS adventure, and participated mostly for the benefit of our new players.

I have to say, this FA had none of the elements of fun and camaraderie that the first one had, and we ended up slogging along grimly, even though we have been much more organized with each one. This FA had more of the feel of a death march from the beginning. Why should we participate in the next one if it causes dissension and disagreement among the members of our FS?

DeletedUser8709

4 @ 10 chests
3 @ 9 chests
1 @ 8 chests
5 @ 7 chests <---these and above is who I would expect to get 3 stages done
12 @6 chests
28@ 5 chests<----2 stages?
41@4 chests
53@3 chests<---1 stage?
71@2 chests
105@1 chest

I mean if your server only has 14 fellowships that got 7+ chests in the tournament, how many do you expect to complete all 3 stages of the FA?

How many do I expect to complete all three stages of the FA? Considering that the Grand Prize is a recycled building, I would expect a 90% completion rate. I think it is unreasonable to expect FS members to work their tails off for a second-hand prize. Come up with something original, something that is an attractive enhancement to a city, something with incentives for beginners, for mid-level players, and for the advanced players, and then you can justify an event that has a rate of completion of 14 out of 444 participating.

SoggyShorts

FA4 vs menhirok.png

There's the comparison of tasks between the original Menhiroks event which was praised, and the FA4 which has been crapped on by most of the forum.

The first FA had just as many flaws, but players were much more willing to give it a try because it was new.
Having 95% of the forum community crapping all over this FA before it even started had to have played a huge part in any "drop outs" or lack of participation you think happened.

We tested this a bit ourselves the last 2 FAs.
In FA3 we saw all of the 24/48h badges and talked crap about the FA both here and a little in chat. The result was that almost no one was very interested, and we only finished it grudgingly, one of 2 FS didn't even complete stage 3.
In FA4 we were excited about the menhiroks reward and 80 KP and passed that excitement on to our FS, and we had a great time, finishing it with 2.5 days to spare even after waiting on easy spots for half a day each stage for stragglers to come online.

SoggyShorts

How many do I expect to complete all three stages of the FA? Considering that the Grand Prize is a recycled building, I would expect a 90% completion rate. I think it is unreasonable to expect FS members to work their tails off for a second-hand prize. Come up with something original, something that is an attractive enhancement to a city, something with incentives for beginners, for mid-level players, and for the advanced players, and then you can justify an event that has a rate of completion of 14 out of 444 participating.
This way of thinking makes no sense to me. Are you saying that if the prize was even better than 80 KP and a rather good building, then a lower completion rate makes sense?:confused:

DeletedUser8709

A FS that completes one point on the map could very easily be a single player, did you expect them to do more?

Comparing the FA to tournaments is a much more fair way to judge them.

147 FS got 3+ tournament chests, 180 FS completed one or more FA stages(with almost a day to go)
That sounds pretty even to me.
Keep in mind 3 chests is 3,700 tournament points- totally doable with 2 players

653 fellowships started the tournament (got more than zero points) but only 323 (less than half) got a chest, so would you call the tournament a failure too?;)

Well, in a sense, yes. However, our FS is happy with 3 or 4 tournament chests: we get all kinds of other pay-offs in terms of production boosts, relics, KPs, etc. A player's reward to expenditure ratio for a tournament is very different than the reward to expenditure ratio (player's time and city resources) for a FA.

We got a pitiful pay-off for a week of work in the FA. With such low-level Stage 1 and Stage 2 rewards, the FA is pretty much an all-or-nothing kind of event. The FA hijacked resources that could have gone into the tournament. Instead of moving us along through the chapters like some of the events do, the FA ate up time and resources that could have progressed us through the chapters. That will be a serious consideration for some of us next time.

SoggyShorts

I guess we just have totally different fellowships....
We are happy with 8-10 tournament chests, and had no problem spending 4 days in the FA for a great building and 80 extra KP.
Other than 10-12 of us dedicating 1-2 expansions for a turd town(which is pretty standard for all events) we didn't find that the FA set us back at all, pure bonus content.

DeletedUser8709

View attachment 3637
There's the comparison of tasks between the original Menhiroks event which was praised, and the FA4 which has been crapped on by most of the forum.

The first FA had just as many flaws, but players were much more willing to give it a try because it was new.
Having 95% of the forum community crapping all over this FA before it even started had to have played a huge part in any "drop outs" or lack of participation you think happened.

We tested this a bit ourselves the last 2 FAs.
In FA3 we saw all of the 24/48h badges and talked crap about the FA both here and a little in chat. The result was that almost no one was very interested, and we only finished it grudgingly, one of 2 FS didn't even complete stage 3.
In FA4 we were excited about the menhiroks reward and 80 KP and passed that excitement on to our FS, and we had a great time, finishing it with 2.5 days to spare even after waiting on easy spots for half a day each stage for stragglers to come online.

Not all of the criticism is crap. Some of it is constructive criticism, and apparently it's getting shoveled out the door with the garbage. I was prepared to love the new FA. I didn't pay any attention to any of the pre-event comments. I waited until I saw the FA for myself.

Maybe you were excited about Menhirok's Barrow, but the members of our FS who already had one were not. I still do not believe a Grand Prize should be something from a previous event. It's too much like handing out surplus from a warehouse of overstocked merchandise, or leftovers. The least you could do is to put the mechanics, the coding, of the building inside a new image (which I have said before.) Pay someone to draw a new building. Surely InnoGames has a digital artist on staff. Or, you could run a contest for fans and players to draw a building, and "pay" for the artwork with a few prizes.

I was not the only person who requested a change, or agreed there should be a change, after FA2 and FA3 in having to cycle through quests. Yet here it was again, with 3 more quests to lengthen the cycling issue.

Yes, it seems we have very different fellowships. I got caught this time having just filled up all available space with Orc chapter stuff. In the past I have actually been on the cusps of chapters and had lots of room to build, as you say, turd towns. I had to use half my supply of diamonds to get room to build one turd town. From what I could see in the cities of the other players in my fellowship, none of us had extra space this time.

I am glad you enjoyed Fellowship Adventure 4. I did not.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Not all of the criticism is crap. Some of it is constructive criticism, and apparently it's getting shoveled out the door with the garbage. I was prepared to love the new FA. I didn't pay any attention to any of the pre-event comments. I waited until I saw the FA for myself.
Oh I agree, not all of the criticism was was wrong, not by a long shot. I said players were crapping on the FA, not that the complaints were crap. What I'm saying is that the overall tone on the forums got way worse from FA 3 to FA 4 even though the FA got better rewards, and went down far fewer badges, especially the 24/48 ones.
In short, the FA got better, but player response got worse (on the forums)
Maybe you were excited about Menhirok's Barrow, but the members of our FS who already had one were not. I still do not believe a Grand Prize should be something from a previous event. It's too much like handing out surplus from a warehouse of overstocked merchandise, or leftovers. The least you could do is to put the mechanics, the coding, of the building inside a new image (which I have said before.) Pay someone to draw a new building. Surely InnoGames has a digital artist on staff. Or, you could run a contest for fans and players to draw a building, and "pay" for the artwork with a few prizes.
Another way to look at it though might have been as an upgrade- I saw a lot of menhiroks in cities before this FA, so assuming that players have progressed a chapter or 3, they could be due for an upgrade.
One of the more common complaints players have is that they have to delete old buildings that they like in order to make room for new ones.
Recycling/upgrading event buildings is an excellent way of addressing exactly those player concerns.

I still have my old one, just like players in your FS, and now I can keep a Menhiroks in my city by upgrading it.
2 possibilities
either you have a menhirok in your city or you don't
-if you don't, "Yay, new building!"
-if you do, then you can replace it with the new better one, "Yay a better version!"

I was not the only person who requested a change, or agreed there should be a change, after FA2 and FA3 in having to cycle through quests. Yet here it was again, with 3 more quests to lengthen the cycling issue.
Yep the cycling sucks, everyone agrees, the devs know it, and they said they are working on it. Meanwhile they need to keep the lights on so they can pay people to make it (and the whole game) better, so stopping the FAs is apparently not an option.

NightshadeCS

You can only make 1 maybe 2 a day, unless their is a tournament. But that only helps with the hats, and potions. Not the wands.

They actually are in the tournament. You can get them once you reach the 5th and 6th round (star) of a province.