• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Fellowship Adventures!

HJK84

In our FS, we have 8-10 people who helped for this FA. We just finished Stage 2, had someone go broke on coin + supply for Kp to get Wonders. Instead of waiting for others to help (if they came on)
I will admit these FA's are quite easy, although the prizes might not be worth it.

Takes quite alot of planning.
For a very active FS, I'm guessing it ez pz.

I alone have contributed, without overestimating, 60%+ of 2 paths. And knowing that some members just don't even care to help or bother for anything, I find the new system of; adding to waypoint to get prize(s), quite fair.

Our FS doesn't require or push anyone to do partake or anything like that. But boy... does it get to me sometimes, trying so hard to achieve something and missing it by a hair, and why? cause some just sit and watch :mad:

I still think with 5-6 active people it can be done. If you just focus on the FA. I had a tad trouble cause I go for tournaments also, fell behind this time didn't get to 6th rnd... :(

I've stated this before for the last FA's, they're quite easy with proper planning.

Well, any who, this post kind of all over the place, almost 5 am here, need sleep :oops:

Grats & GJ to all who contributed to the FA :)

DeletedUser6504

I have to complain about this Fellowship Adventure as many of my members hopefully did the same. This is an impossible Adventure to finish unless you buy diamonds....or have a complete full fellowship with every member being active every day. The ridiculous amount of the New Badges is near impossible to acheive...and the amount of Time that you allow to do this Event..6 days...is also ridiculous..this should have been at least a 10 day Event with all the new Badges. My fellowship has worked so hard and wasted our goods and time to do this for very terrible rewards...not even worth playing the Fellowship Adventures anymore. Because of the last one you had...I have several members that don't even want to play them anymore because..you clearly did not make it a little bit more easier...and after the compaints of the last one i though you would have changed a few things. Its Very Dissapointing.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
it's because the rewards aren't worth the challenge. Menhirok's Barrow is admittedly better than the Traveling Merchants, but it's still not quite a medal worth the effort—especially since these FAs are specifically (as testified by Inno reps) geared toward higher-ranking fellowships, most of whom will either already have the prizes offered or won't need/want them.
Keep in mind that players who don't like the menhirok like JPS54 have all magic premium buildings, and those are supposed to be better because that's how inno makes money.
For example
Chapter 12 residence 2800 pop
Chapter 12 menhirok 4100 pop
Chapter 12 magic res 4900 pop
All are 4x4 in size

For a players like me, with no Magic residences, that menhirok gives a 1.6% boost to my total population plus an increase of 3% to my total culture.
And it doesn't need a road. That plus the 80 KP rewards makes the prizes very much worth the effort (for me)

DeletedUser13002

Y'know what? I'm going to go back on what I've said. After further consideration, I think the prizes are indeed improving. You can double up on buildings like the Barrow to get double the benefits—and they are nice benefits. And the more I use them, the more I like having the instants as a tool at hand. The events give plenty of them, but it's good to have other ways of getting them as well.

No, I think Inno's done a much better job of balancing the prizes to the effort this time around, and I think it was probably in response to the feedback from the last one. That solves half of my beef with the FAs ... and I have good reason to think they're working on the other half (the mechanics) in the meantime.

I think the biggest problem with the FA this time around has simply been the timing: most people (like myself) still had the horrible taste of the last one in their mouths when it started, and didn't have reason to believe the devs had time to change things much. But I get that they're working on it. I'll be advocating to my fellowships that we give it another chance next time around.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
This is an impossible Adventure to finish unless you buy diamonds....or have a complete full fellowship with every member being active every day.
With only 12 of our 24 members playing, 3 of whom were so new they had never seen an FA before. In an FS with an overall rank of 143. With the highest chapter player in Woodelves and several who only logged in in the evenings after work, we completed it last night between 10-10:30pm Eastern. We only did one carefully chosen path in each round and adjusted in the third round to use a switchpoint and change paths to bypass 100 guard badges. To my knowledge no one used diamonds, though several of us have premium expansions and 2 of us have lvl 5 Magic Academies. We did get way better at using instants; that helped with both the guard & spell badges. I'm the member in Woodelves, and I'm still early chapter and just getting started with mana, so I won't be placing it. Every other member is really pleased with the building, especially those new players. Even the players in Orcs are not unhappy. They're aware the building will become outdated for them quickly, but it has its benefits for now. By the time it's outdated, they'll have other buildings to take its place.

most people (like myself) still had the horrible taste of the last one in their mouths when it started, and didn't have reason to believe the devs had time to change things much.
I think this is true; at least it was for me. And due to this, most of the posts on the forums pointed out the negative aspects even before it was launched live. I try really hard to absorb all the info I can when something like this is in the pipeline, even if my personal outlook is generally negative. Doing that, my assessment was this was doable with some advanced planning/coordinating. When we were looking at 100 more guard badges in the 3rd round, I thought 'Weeelll... maybe this is what they meant by unrealistic numbers of badges'. You could almost feel the disappointment in chat threads as we talked numbers and times for things to finish cooking. Then I saw the switchpoint and the required badges for the rest of the other path, and we were on our way! We ended up having a ball! We're now in the pits having a badge burning party to celebrate our success and decompress. The last 24hrs of play was intense!

Laochra

All of my fellowships voted to skip this FA. I think the most advanced player in any of the FS is in Woodelves & there may be 1 or 2 that have just started Orcs. The rest of us are just getting to know the guest races or are in newer chapters. The first & second FA were a great challenge for us & we loved fighting our way through it & winning the pitiful little Mana Hut. Even though none of us get Mana from them, it is a badge of accomplishment that we like to see sitting in our cities every day. Yes, those first two had issues & problems that needed to be fixed, but at least we had something in our city to show that our FS accomplished something together as a team. If you think about it, those 3 little instants for the first 2 stages really aren't prizes at all. They are paid for with our cities necessities.
This time around, there is no building to place in your city, unless you can afford to give up a lot of your relics, goods & coins. I understand that the FA was designed around the advanced player. However, those of us that aren't even thinking about the Elementals chapter yet, want to get as far as we possibly can too, even if that only means completing 1 stage. But why should we bother if all we get for depleting our cities of most of its resources is 3 instants?
Well, some of us decided that if we happened to be making something & it gave us a badge, we would go ahead & throw it on the map, but no concerted efforts were going to be made. Ironically, after our Ceravyn FS completed only 3 waypoints, we were already in the top 100. So even if we don't finish stage 1, we are guaranteed one 30 minute timer! {insert sarcastic cheer}
Our Arendyll FS has found ourselves ready to claim the stage 1 flag. But once this event ends tomorrow, we will have nothing to show for it in our cities.

*I tried to post a spoiler showing the stage 1 prizes, but it would not post properly...probably due to user error.*o_O:rolleyes:

Reduce the number of relics, a small reduction in goods, improve upon the Guard Badge, say no to slavery(no Orcs), improve the taskmaster rotations/jumping(less clicking) & improve the stage rewards-then you would have a FA worthy of the challenge.

Last edited:

NightshadeCS

I have to complain about this Fellowship Adventure as many of my members hopefully did the same. This is an impossible Adventure to finish unless you buy diamonds....or have a complete full fellowship with every member being active every day. The ridiculous amount of the New Badges is near impossible to acheive...and the amount of Time that you allow to do this Event..6 days...is also ridiculous..this should have been at least a 10 day Event with all the new Badges. My fellowship has worked so hard and wasted our goods and time to do this for very terrible rewards...not even worth playing the Fellowship Adventures anymore. Because of the last one you had...I have several members that don't even want to play them anymore because..you clearly did not make it a little bit more easier...and after the compaints of the last one i though you would have changed a few things. Its Very Dissapointing.

I'm sorry your group did not fare well! We all come at this event from different perspectives, and my fellowship was able to complete without buying diamonds or having a full roster. In fact, we got two new members who were locked out and could not participate, another fellow is completely inactive currently due to real life, and several others opted out or submitted only the badges they made incidentally.

It is my opinion that not all fellowships are intended to complete the fellowship adventure (which I am loathe to call an "event," since it is not in any way similar to story events).

I think everyone needs to look at this more like the tournaments. Which chest do you regularly obtain in a tourney? That is probably about how far you will make it through the FA.