• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Fellowship Adventures!

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here is a short video to introduce the next Fellowship Adventures, starting in Beta World on Monday 26th February. It will most likely come to the Live worlds on 5th March.

Please feel free to share it with your friends who do not play on Beta, so they can get an idea of what lies ahead!

There have been some significant changes - including a re-balancing and three new quests for Adventure Items:

* Train X units
* Gain X coins
* Donate X KP in other player's Ancient Wonders

The design team are aware that lately they have been having problems with the chat socket server and are planning on replacing it soon, But alas, the bug fix unfortunately isn't implemented in this FA round.

Here is a link to our E P L Adventure Notes with full information about prizes, stage requirements and strategy tips.
I will add new screenshots and text once the Adventure starts! http://bit.ly/2EZ1S8T

If you would like to get notifications whenever we publish similar videos - hit the Subscribe button while you are on YouTube.
:)

Laochra

upload_2018-2-24_11-10-53.jpeg

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser3602

I'm not a member of the Beta forum, so I can't post my question there. I'm hoping that 1 of the Beta players will take the time to tell me how easy or hard it is to make the new Guard badge (train x units). I've read something about the Guard badge being based on Squad Size Upgrades and that you can train whatever unit you want, because the number is normalized by value of unit, but I can't really tell if it's a hard badge to make or not. Thanks in advance!

Edit: to make my question clearer, is this correct?
I have researched all SS Upgrades up till # 38. 38 x 0,3 = 11,4
My total training size is 651. 651 x 11,4 = 7421,4.
That will be the amount of units I need to train to get 1 Badge.
So I will have to train a certain unit 11,4 times, which takes somewhere between 4 and 6 hours (depending on type of unit)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Unbeliever

I'm not a member of the Beta forum, so I can't post my question there. I'm hoping that 1 of the Beta players will take the time to tell me how easy or hard it is to make the new Guard badge (train x units). I've read something about the Guard badge being based on Squad Size Upgrades and that you can train whatever unit you want, because the number is normalized by value of unit, but I can't really tell if it's a hard badge to make or not. Thanks in advance!
I'm not a beta player, but lurking about their forums, it seems like;
a) The unit badge is based off of your total number of Squad Size techs researched.
b) All? paths now require you to **** away relics for no bloody reason, beyond Inno being the world's biggest Trolls.
c) The prizes overall still suck for the massive amount of effort require.

So, a+b+c-INNOintelligence = FA's still suck all the fun out of the game!

I'm sure Soggy will be along to help correct my math on this?! ;)

Laochra

Since the only tasks that can be completely avoided are the demands for Orcs, you can eliminate the Green path from Stage 1, the Blue path from Stage 2 & the Orange path from Stage 3. This still does not help you to escape the obscene demands for relics in each stage. :eek:o_O:oops:
From what I have determined from studying this chart of ransom demands, IF your FS was actually going to attempt this, I would suggest Blue-Orange-Green.
Please share if you think another option would be better. I chose these for the quantities of ransom demands, # of MA requirements & # of 1-day/2-day demands.

Shellizzie

@Shellizzie My fabulous statistician has not yet completed his amazing interactive spreadsheet yet. We are still hashing out the best possible paths to take in this trainwreck...um I mean, Adventure. :confused::cool:
LOL!
We are trying to get a head start on it. We have a sheet from the last FA so we will just update it :) Thanks!

Deleted User - 2065550

I am not a frequent poster to this forum, though I have found the content useful on many occasions and more often than not, my question already answered. I have been playing this game since last summer, have enjoyed it, and have had absolutely no qualms about purchasing diamonds (some $300 worth) in the spirit of supporting this fine ad-free game and it's continued development. I don't recall ever voicing a negative opinion here, or in the game itself. Until now.

I do not like the direction this Fellowship Adventure is headed. A Fellowship Adventure should be about coordinated building to achieve goals. We build together, we work together, we even get to know each other a little bit. These are all great things!

This particular FA, unfortunately, has a very challenging set of goals, so difficult that perhaps 75% of the Fellowships can not complete the challenge. It is mathematically impossible for them. I am in three fellowships, two of which are in the top 50 for their respective realms/servers. We are in active discussion about whether it is appropriate to participate in an FA that, by design, excludes so many players and fellowships from even getting to the first flag.

And then, there is the relic requirement. Relics are hard-earned by individuals over time. To basically throw them away in the name of meeting an FA goal is simply counter to everything an FA should be. We should build together, work together, win together. Not feel pressured to discard relics we earned individually long before the FA begins.

Finally, the reward. The true reward of an FA is fellowship. Achieving goals together as a team. But, there must, of course, be a prize. The prize should be meaningful. It should be something you can proudly display in your city, something that has value above and beyond a normal building. It is my understanding, albeit by third-hand, that the prize for this FA is a culture building yielding less than 500 culture points. Now, I could make an argument to a player that this much harder FA has a much better reward, but that's not true. There were far better buildings practically given out randomly during the winter event.

Even if this FA were easy enough for more fellowships to participate in, even if there were a more appropriate prize, to begin a new adventure while in-game chat is dicey at best.... as I write this, in-game chat began to work again after at least 8 hours down in at least 3 realms. I must urge the developers to make what we have now work consistently and reliably before beginning the most challenging FA in Elvenar history.

Elvenar should be fun, it should be challenging, challenging by design, not by technical failures. It should not be so challenging that the vast majority of players have no hope of even a partial win. All of my fellowships are seeking player opinion on this Fellowship Adventure and I am presenting to them what I have presented here. I cannot recommend participation in this FA.

DeletedUser6326

All seven of my fellowships will not be participating next week. We have stuck with it, through the last Adventure (when Spells were introduces as badges)....but it's gone far enough. I cannot support Inno taking away members/players relics, goods, coins, KP, Orcs, etc., etc., etc. for such lousy rewards. It really makes me feel protective of newer players when they would have otherwise spent their relics on these pathways, not knowing that they would need those wasted relics later for more important things in the game.
The original idea of the Adventures was fine. Great way to spend your time IF you were stalled in the game or had the time to produce some badges to help out your team.
Now it feels like Inno is taking away important items from their players...and for what? Some Instant that are gone much too soon?
I hope things improve...but until then, all 175 accounts from my fellowships (plus the other 80+ members from our sister teams) will not be participating.
We'll have our fun in the tournaments and helping each other build our towns! :D

DeletedUser3468

Thank you, Roadrunner777. That is a very well stated summing up of the situation with the upcoming Fellowship Adventure. I had thought that the reason for the Fellowship Adventures being started was to encourage Fellowships to work together as a team towards an achievable goal. Inno has made the FA into something that is not good for building camaraderie and fellowship but something that is divisive and nearly impossible to achieve.

@Laochra.. love the term "randsom demands". That says it so well! :D

DeletedUser3595

I have to echo with the theme here.

This favors the well-established, high ranking Fellowships, yet again. Why?

1. Goods. Lower ranking fellowships may not have enough production to meet the needs of 1,305,000 goods needed over all three stages.

That represents a very significant amount of time in production. Which has to be spread around an adventure, upgrades, AND tourneys.

IF a fellowship has 24 members, that means each member contributes, on average. 54,375 goods. How many new players even have that many goods? Even with higher level productions, this could mean a week or more production for mid-range players, and how longer for lower range players? This does not encourage participation, it encourages people to NOT play.

2. Relics. It takes a long time to earn those relics, and no one will want to give up relics from their boosts, which might lower their production.

2,250 relics over all three stages.

That means each person has to give up 94 relics IF the fellowship is full.

That is not an insignificant portion of relics. Again, in smaller FS with lower level players, this is simply not achievable, as they may not have enough to spare without sacrificing boosted relics which impact their bonus production.

3. Contributing to AWs.

How about those FS with low AWs? The players without AWs? That means a minimum of 140 KPs donated in a short amount of time or 1500 depending on which path is taken. 1500kp. That is 63 kp per player. Or 3 days worth. If they collect and donate twice a day, without making any further progress on advancing technology.

4. Orcs. 30,000 to 100,000 depending on stage.

How many players cannot even MAKE orcs yet? (Usually several to many in each fellowship). I can make 380 per day (approximately). If every one of my 24 members of the FS can make 380 per day, that is just over 9,000 each day. So unless every member CAN make orcs, DOES make orcs, it is 12 days to make 100,000. And those orcs are NOT available for any other needs like negotiating, tech advancements, etc.

This is not including having the room, and resources to build non-boosted factories, or large amounts of workshops.

It does not foster growth in the game or cooperation in the FS, because individuals have to choose to stop advancement in order to further a goal, which only really benefits the top few FS.

I enjoyed the challenge of the first FS adventure. One of my FS could not finish the second because we did not have enough of the long productions ready BEFORE the adventure even started and one chose not to participate because it required more time that anyone wanted to dedicate.

A small fellowship, or a newer collection of players should be able to reach the goals. The way the new Adventure is designed, only large, very active, established FS have a chance of completing it as long as productions start 2 days before the adventure starts and people can build multiple extra sets of factories, and large amounts of workshops. Which newer players cannot do. Some may not even be able to produce second or third tier goods. Not a good way to engage and retain newer players.