• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures - 2 Steps in Stage Flag taking

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Good idea. I've always thought it was a mistake to make the flag too easy to pull, especially by anyone with ambassador status, since many fs give that to even new players who seem okay. And people make a lot of excuses for why it wasn't their fault that the flag was pulled. In my old fellowship, one guy even said that he was just looking at the prizes and his cat jumped up and pressed the button ... I had to laugh at that one, but it was painful because we were almost finished with a 600 pt waypoint.

Grid Gypsy

My AM was one of those newbies that mis-pulled the flag years ago. On becoming an AM she made it a habit to drop all but her most experienced mages to fellow before every FA and then re-promote them after. Some kind of fail safe would definitely be a good thing.

Aritra

Good idea. I've always thought it was a mistake to make the flag too easy to pull, especially by anyone with ambassador status, since many fs give that to even new players who seem okay. And people make a lot of excuses for why it wasn't their fault that the flag was pulled. In my old fellowship, one guy even said that he was just looking at the prizes and his cat jumped up and pressed the button ... I had to laugh at that one, but it was painful because we were almost finished with a 600 pt waypoint.
(I thought it was just mage and archmage who could pull the flag?)
And I agree with this. It is currently too easy. Of all the misclicks... wow
It is so easy to be moving the board or reaching for a waypoint and hitting that flag. I've kinda worried about this a bit and got a little paranoid. It would be nice to have a safeguard and have a little less stress over that. In one of my FSs, I was promoted to mage for the purpose of being authorized to pull the flag, but I only want to pull it when I meant to do so. It would be horrible to accidentally deny members the progress/gains there.

+1

shionnach

Whatever happened to locking the waypoints we are not using? I know you can highlight the path but that is not solving the problem of players consistently going down the wrong path and putting in badges and wasting them. I do hope they are going to implement this otherwise the FA maybe over for me ~ too much frustration and it is not worth it.

Darielle

(I thought it was just mage and archmage who could pull the flag?)
And I agree with this. It is currently too easy. Of all the misclicks... wow
It is so easy to be moving the board or reaching for a waypoint and hitting that flag. I've kinda worried about this a bit and got a little paranoid. It would be nice to have a safeguard and have a little less stress over that. In one of my FSs, I was promoted to mage for the purpose of being authorized to pull the flag, but I only want to pull it when I meant to do so. It would be horrible to accidentally deny members the progress/gains there.

+1
My advice to anyone who is not the designated flag puller is simply not to click on the top and check the prizes. You can always go to elven gems to see what the prizes are ... no need to click on it and check. That's the safest way not to pull the dang flag. And yes, ambassadors can pull the flag too. :(

Darielle

I think it is fine as is
You need to click to open, then click to take
If you try to make the game idiot proof we'll be bogged down with "are you sure you want to do this"
True, but it's still frustrating when one of those idiots is in your fellowship. There should be a way for an AM to lock out people without having to reduce their rank and make them feel bad. (And yes, I know it's silly to feel bad, but people still do.) They should have some way for the AM to designate the flag pullers without the rest even being aware that they were excluded (unless they pull the dang flag in which case that's proof positive that they should have been locked out.)

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I get a warning:
1625985556234.png

Darielle

They've always had a warning pop up. But we still get the weird excuses ... like one fellowship, a guy said he was just checking the prizes and his cat jumped up and accidentally pushed the button. Guess the cat didn't read it either. I think I've heard just about every excuse imaginable. In one fellowship a guy said his plate fell on his keyboard. Another person let his kid play for him and his kid did it. Sheesh people, this isn't rocket science.

(And yes, I do think some of these excuses are simply that ... excuses. But I guess I don't want to call anyone liars, since there's a CHANCE that it's true.)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
My toddler got a hold of my phone...

Notice? What notice? Is that what that was? Why is everyone so mad at me? You know what? You guys are all jerks. It's just a game.

FA can make a team.
FA can break a team.

Darielle

My toddler got a hold of my phone...

Notice? What notice? Is that what that was? Why is everyone so mad at me? You know what? You guys are all jerks. It's just a game.

FA can make a team.
FA can break a team.
Exactamundo

Iyapo1

(And yes, I do think some of these excuses are simply that ... excuses. But I guess I don't want to call anyone liars, since there's a CHANCE that it's true)
I dont know why you would hesitate to call them liars since you already called them idiots.

True, but it's still frustrating when one of those idiots is in your fellowship.

Honestly, what I really cant stand is when the flag mysteriously pulls itself. I would rather hear any excuse than hear crickets.

Darielle

I dont know why you would hesitate to call them liars since you already called them idiots.
I was responding to someone who mentioned "idiot proof" so I was using the same word in response. I didn't originate the word "idiot."
Honestly, what I really cant stand is when the flag mysteriously pulls itself. I would rather hear any excuse than hear crickets.

Everyone knows afterward who pulled the flag. It's in your messages.