• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glandeh

Would it make sense to fill your main hall with coins in preparation for the FA? I did a test in my chapter 3 city and was able to store 880K coins where my max is 4M4, so just a meager 20%. Is this % the same for all chapters? Then I guess that ik makes no difference if I don't harvest my main hall.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Would it make sense to fill your main hall with coins in preparation for the FA? I did a test in my chapter 3 city and was able to store 880K coins where my max is 4M4, so just a meager 20%. Is this % the same for all chapters? Then I guess that ik makes no difference if I don't harvest my main hall.
I find it very frustrating to have a Main Hall stuffed with coins right at the start, because then I have to spend a big bunch.

Count Rupert

Coins on the main hall from neighborly help are not based on your storage. They're based on the number of neighborly helps you receive. It can hold up to 20 players' neighborly help on your main hall.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Thing is, you have to be careful when you are collecting if you let them build up in the Main Hall. Make sure BEFORE you collect to spend as many coins as you can. IE the wholesaler or scouting.

What I do is collect all my manufactured goods first, restart for my next collections, then spend it in the wholesaler or scouting. After that, I collect my coins. When you reach your limit, you lose those coins and they don't count towards the badge. Found that out the hard way after the great coin rain debacle of the last FA.

edsparrowpfo

You will be OK if you are in your new group one minute before it starts.
Not recommended leaving it so late though!
:p :)
Turns out the group I was asking to join, both the AM and the other person I followed to it are inactive, so I wouldn't be any better off than I am now. One of about 4 people playing in a dead group.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Turns out the group I was asking to join, both the AM and the other person I followed to it are inactive, so I wouldn't be any better off than I am now. One of about 4 people playing in a dead group.
Flip the table on the process. Go to your world in the Game World subforums and post your playing profile and then kick back and have the AMs come looking for you ;) Include your expected availability, level competitive comfort, etc. There are a lot of AM's on the forum and they are active. They will find you.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I can't remember

Do coins you get from visits count towards the coin bag badge?
Yes. Because the new coin requirements are over-the-top, one is forced to visit all neighbors every day during the event, together with using coin boosters, etc. etc. This can be done on the browser using the handy neighbor-visit icon on the world map toolbar - but it takes forever...

I do understand that the designers were aware that some badges were 'non-limit items' where everyone had hundreds and it was no longer a challenge to make them, and that is why they did this rebalancing. But to me this is an ENORMOUS step backwards! Old style FA was click-click-click-click-click until you were bored and frustrated and wanted to scream - now that I have to spend 15+ minutes going click click click on every neighbor, we are back to where we started, whereas recent changes had made FA so much less repetitious and more fun - so I really do not know what they are playing at.
I really do hope they will reconsider!

BrinDarby

but @Jackluyt , they don't even vet out thier own chgs.
Yes, I know, the beta server, but seriously.... take the MA MO
nerf, after complains VV was too hard, and we were given
RedPandaMaster. Rather thaaaaannnn , just adjusting the #
of Residue badges in the 1st ( or 2nd ) place.....

So now with coins , too easy ? maybee, so just adj the #
of badges required, not chg how much each badge costs.
Especially when the badge is tied to Chapter, and a Coin Rain
is tied to MH level. Whether its you, Soggy, me, or anyone
else..... (1) 100% CR should give us the same # of badges.

Plus why do it on coins, that was 1 of the badges, ya left open
for the stragglers... cause you knew they'd have 1 to place.
It was like soda in a gas station, a loss leader to bring ppl in.

We've ask'd for a overhaul of FAs and that fell on deaf ears.
Yes we got wraparound, but look @ all the knock-on effects.
In the meantime, can we not take 1 step fwd, and 3 steps back ??

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
We've ask'd for a overhaul of FAs and that fell on deaf ears.
Yes we got wraparound, but look @ all the knock-on effects.
In the meantime, can we not take 1 step fwd, and 3 steps back ??

To be fair they have made some improvements
Most notably in badge collection
People who have been here a while will remember the awful task rotation system
and then there was the deal where you had to collect each badge as you earned it

maybee, for 5 days ( the FA ) everyone in Elvenarland
should just give out MH help for all NH visits (neighbors/FS).

The problem is, not everyone cares about the FA.
So you may annoy some neighbors

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
after complains VV was too hard, and we were given
RedPandaMaster. Rather thaaaaannnn , just adjusting the #
of Residue badges in the 1st ( or 2nd ) place.....
They did though. Wasn’t it originally 11 or something. Now it’s 9 and with fed Red Panda, a whole lot more doable. At least with that badge, it got 2 fixes.

I think it would play better if they just kept badge numbers higher for checkpoints but badges easier to make. For example, if coin badges are in excess, then give us more places to dump them (do that to T3 goods too). Ultimately, people want to feel engaged and contributing, not feel like they’re cleaning the bathroom with a tiny toothbrush. I am one of the few that enjoy FAs, but it doesn’t feel rewarding to click through almost 30 pages of neighbors to find out you mathematically don’t have enough neighbors to even complete one coin badge after all that mindless clicking. My fellowships are usually podium finish contenders but nobody wants to do them anymore after the coin rain debacle.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't worry about who helps me how, but one extra culture buff gets me about 200k coins over 20 hours from my residences because of an EE spell, vs 101k for a Main Hall help. So people with large collections of culture buildings asking for culture might not be thrilled by everyone deciding to help MH only.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Just a reminder. If you need a Spreadsheet you are more than welcome to make your copy of this one:

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
I have reset the Gems Spreadsheet with the new values, for those who enjoy it. It's the same spreadsheet, just has the new values input.
❤️

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Fellowship Adventures have begun!

309684497_10221550881382021_8964198528426479095_n.jpg

Read all about it in these two files, which need no special programs to open them:
Fellowship Adventures (starts October 6th): https://tinyurl.com/2p99np8n
Fellowship Adventures Master File: https://tinyurl.com/mrxayvjt

Note that the version in Live Worlds may be slightly different to the ones described here, which were recorded in Beta server; we will add notes about any changes we may find in the course of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.