• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Iv been running FA's iin my fs more years then i remember at this point. Back to when the badges were on the little square quest boxes and we had to cycle through the whole list jsut to get back to where we were to collect a second badge of the same kind... Truly tedious days.. i shudder just thinking about it...

So i have been thrilled to see the FA User Interface changes over the years.
Switching from the square quest box to the grid style; no more cycling through them all for every badge collected.
Optional 'Start all' function for both workshops and t1 factories.
Introduction of the teleport spells to put buildings back in inventory.

And now the new addition of the badges counting higher then one so we can collect all our in city goods and do tourney/spire and everything else all at once/as normal, and then be able to collect all the badges at the end... is AWESOME! And the extra addition of not losing extra resources when we reach a badge (like goods for the braclet or the chest in spire for 3 catalyst).. i repeat.. AWESOME! It helps make this event far less tedious and thus far more enjoyable. - I have no complains or suggestions for improvement about this feature at all. Well done. And thank you!

The second new feature is the ability to see who has contributed a badge or not on the map. This is also a great feature and helps ppl like me (that had to keep track of that stuff manually) out a lot! - My only suggestion on that is to move the access location for that info out of the reward chest box. - Ppl accidentally taking the box has always been a human issue. Whether its a new player, one that didnt no better, there first fa, or even an experienced player that is low on sleep or running on auto pilot... taking the chest before it was meant to be taken has always been an issue. So i dont think adding info that makes ppl go right to that accident prone box.. is a good idea. Its just asking for trouble.
So i would suggest moving that 'i' box to somewhere outside of that reward chest.

And the fact that 'move the 'I' box a little... is the only complaint/suggestion out of everythign you added.. is impressive. Inno did a good job on these adjustments. And they are very helpful. So thank you for that!

---

As for future improvements to the UI for fa's.. There are really only two main ones that stick out in my mind right at this moment.
1. Separating the level 1 workshops 'start all' function from the rest of the w's 'start all' feature. Since inno made the level 1 ws have different completion times for brewers (Something i forgot to mention in the list of improvements! Also a good one!) it would be nice to 'start all' my level 1 ws's separately from my main ws's. - I already had a thread on this in the ideas and suggestions, and this idea has been forwarded i believe.

2. (and the much bigger adjustment of the two) is an automatic in-game way of keep count of all the badges that have been made in a fs.
I keep count in a spread sheet all the badges 'being made' and 'badges completed' for each player (that reports it.) I also go through the waypoint on the map to document which badges have been used by who. - This allows me to see the activity level of all the players as well as the total of each badge being made/completed vs the total needed to achieve w/e goal we set. - Its not perfectly accurate because not everyone will report. But it gives a good idea of where we stand and what we need to make.

That is probably the last 'big' highly tedious task left to conquer for UI improvements. Having a way to just look and be able to see all the badges that have been made and all the badges spent would be a big help. (I dont see how you could program a way to tell whats 'in progress' so ill leave that part alone for now.)

The two main ways i see that being done (and im sure other ppl will have more ideas) is either a list that adds up all the badges collected/spent be each player in the FS and displays the numbers.
Or the more controversial idea of making a 'fellowship badge pool' instead of 25 individual badge pools in a fs. To me that seems like a good idea. Some dont tho. But a 'fellowship badge pool' for a 'fellowship adventure' seems like a logical thing to do. Credit for each map can be given to any player that contribute a badge to the 'fs badge pool' which is nearly the same as it is now where anyone that contributes a badge to the map gets credit. And FS would be able to have access and use all the badges that players in the fs make. Iv seen players over the years skip out o fa's or skip out early because they know they wont be able to log in at the right time or right before the fa ends. So there badges would be wasted.. so why bother making them/participating in the first place. This would allow all there effort to have a chance at being used.
The 'fs badge pool' visual would be almsot the same as it is now. A list of all the badges and a lsit of how many we have. Only now the lsit would contain the numbers for 'total badges of that type made' and perhaps the total of that badge spent. - Who can place badges can be attached to the rank (arch/mage/ambassador/fellow. That way each fs can decide for themselves what would work best for them.

So now you have a collective list of badge numbers, thus getting rid of the need to post that info/record that info/for ever single player.. And since access to the completed badges are expanded, the more incentive for players to make those badges, even if they wont be on at the right time at the end of event, or have limited time due to Real life during that week. Thus an over all higher participation in the event.

Thats been my thought for a couple years now anyway...
But even if that never happens.. a way to upgrade the UI so we dont have to post and record every single badge made into spreadsheets.. Remains the last huge UI hurdle!

Thank you and good night!!!! Dont forget to tip your helya on the way out! ;)

Cleo7311

I am still undecided on which path is easiest after the changes - blue is still the killer, but is it now yellow or green?? All 3 levels?

Sarafyne

I am still undecided on which path is easiest after the changes - blue is still the killer, but is it now yellow or green?? All 3 levels?
It depends on whether your FS has an easier time to do Blacksmith or residues, for my teams, we're doing green on the first stage, then blue on 2nd and 3rd. Heavier on blacksmith but fewer residues required (we typically get stuck on those in the pit)

Soleil Nightbloom

For those of you curious, this is the message that pops up once the flag is pulled. Keep in mind, I play on the mobile app and hopefully there is a similar message for browser players.

E9128CA1-F7F2-4B1E-9B27-021E428D603C.jpeg

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Dominion, I agree 100 percent with everything you've said. The improvements they've made are fantastic, except for the position of that info inside the flag area.

1. I agree that the box inside the flag area needs to be moved, so you can check how many people have earned badges without being terrified that you're going to pull the flag accidentally. Despite there being a confirmation box, I just think that's a recipe for disaster.

2. I also agree that we need to have some kind of running total on how many badges the fellowship has produced, and how many more they need of a certain type. That way we won't have 10 people producing necks and 2 people producing statues. I really do not like it when there is no spreadsheet and the person running the FA hates them. It makes for chaos. Sure, we can still go high, maybe even top 10, but it's tough to get into the top five with no organization whatsoever.

3. A badge pool would be great, but I know there would be a lot of push back. How about a separate badge pool that people can voluntarily donate to, and the AM or FA mage can then use them at their discretion? That way, if you know you can't be back in time, just donate your badges and go on your merry way. If you love the FAs and want to see them to their completion, then use your badges yourself. Seems it would satisfy both worlds.

4. One more thing I'd like to add for future FAs. I'd like to see a fourth map (or even a fifth), before we get dumped into the tedious pit pit pit pit pit pit pit pit pit pit pit pit pit pit pit pit pit pit. Some fellowships spend more time in the pit than anywhere else. It would be so nice to have another map (and more prizes, of course, lol.)

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Dominion, I agree 100 percent with everything you've said.
well you cant go wrong with a statement like that :p lol

3. A badge pool would be great, but I know there would be a lot of push back. How about a separate badge pool that people can voluntarily donate to, and the AM or FA mage can then use them at their discretion? That way, if you know you can't be back in time, just donate your badges and go on your merry way. If you love the FAs and want to see them to their completion, then use your badges yourself. Seems it would satisfy both worlds.
I made this suggestion in the ideas and suggestions thread a couple fa's back about the 'fs badge pool' idea. Even offering options/alternatives which included the 'volentary donation' of an individuals badges into the fs badge pool. That way they could have the best of both worlds. To my mind, the whole idea seems very logical and would reduce the tedious chaos around posting badges/recording badges/spreadsheet issue (plus more).
But i was surprised at how much resistance there was to the idea. I probably shouldnt have been. Age old wisdom, as we know.. everyone wants change, but noone is comfortable with change... - A lot of it seemed to center around the dislike of individuals not being able to place badges. Which seems a beyond small price to make everything else sooo much easier. But even with the 'optional donation' method where ppl could still place there own, and/or donate to the fs pool.. ppl still whined. Even when they had no reason to back it up.
But i still think its a good idea. And im open to polishing the idea for sure. But i think it would be a great asset. And i think ppl would actually like it once they got used to it.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
A badge pool would be great, but I know there would be a lot of push back. How about a separate badge pool that people can voluntarily donate to, and the AM or FA mage can then use them at their discretion? That way, if you know you can't be back in time, just donate your badges and go on your merry way. If you love the FAs and want to see them to their completion, then use your badges yourself. Seems it would satisfy both worlds.

I think this would completely change the FA for those fighting for top placements. These fs could keep donating to the badge pool until shortly before the FA ends and then a mage could start donating all the badges. So the fellowships going for top would have no idea how many points the other fellowships have until shortly before the end.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I think this would completely change the FA for those fighting for top placements. These fs could keep donating to the badge pool until shortly before the FA ends and then a mage could start donating all the badges. So the fellowships going for top would have no idea how many points the other fellowships have until shortly before the end.
so in other words.. ppl that want the top spot would actually have to work towards there own best potential instead of just staying ahead of the other guy..
All fs's would have the fs badge pool. So they would all have the same advantage/disadvantage as each other fs. If anything i think the change would make competition for the top places even more. With they system not being a pain, it would mean more ppl/fs are liekly to try for top spots. So more competition there. And in terms of a selling point to Inno directly.. more competition means more likely they would be able to sell some diamonds. So it seems a win win all around.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
True, it would make for a crazy end, that's for sure!

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
And now the new addition of the badges counting higher then one so we can collect all our in city goods and do tourney/spire and everything else all at once/as normal, and then be able to collect all the badges at the end... is AWESOME! And the extra addition of not losing extra resources when we reach a badge (like goods for the braclet or the chest in spire for 3 catalyst).. i repeat.. AWESOME! It helps make this event far less tedious and thus far more enjoyable. - I have no complains or suggestions for improvement about this feature at all. Well done. And thank you!

The second new feature is the ability to see who has contributed a badge or not on the map. This is also a great feature and helps ppl like me (that had to keep track of that stuff manually) out a lot!

This is what I came here to say.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I envision sniping akin to a bid war in an auction...that could be fun..or not.
they could, yea. But snipped or added as they get them... a fs makes a specific number of badges. Thus they would end at the same number either way. - I think the worry of that could be incentive for players tho to make all they can. Rather then trying to get ahead of someone/reach a certain spot and then slack off a bit. They will have to be active for the whole event.
Technically, as it is right now, if a fs actually was able to have a lot of there players on at the end of the Fa, they already could effectively 'snipe' there badges at the end. But the vast majority dont have that luxury. They have these goofy things called lives and jobs. So i see the adjustment as being helpful for the vast majority.

From a statistical point of view, only the top 20 fs in a fa get a rank prize. (the reason they theoretically could snipe for more points.) My server has jsut about 5000 fs's currently listed. So even if all 20 were snipeing (and if it actualy was an issue; which i dont think it is) thats still 0.004% of the fs's on the server. 0.006% if you stretch it to the top 30.

Flashfyre

You mean sorta like the way the League system works...
Working the event at a steady pace and keeping in the Silver, until the last day when the players who have been saving up their currency spend it all at once, boosting the league threshold beyond what you can achieve without spending diamonds/money.

Iyapo1

Looking at my badges in the new FA....
Gold Spire with 20 tournament tents and I am going to net a total of 54 ghost badges.

This is going to completely change the FA leaderboards. It is going to put the gold spire, top tournamenting Fellowships on top of the FA leaderboard too. Isn't it?

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Looking at my badges in the new FA....
Gold Spire with 20 tournament tents and I am going to net a total of 54 ghost badges.

This is going to completely change the FA leaderboards. It is going to put the gold spire, top tournamenting Fellowships on top of the FA leaderboard too. Isn't it?
Not sure what you mean. The ghost badge is nothing new. Neither it tourney or spire play. The only change about that that i recall was they changed the badge from needing 3 encounters to now they need 4. Technically, that means less ghost badges from the same amount now.

Tho Top tourney/spire fs's probably are the ones dominating the fa placement. (Tho is might be more accurate to say that in reverse). There are a lot of badges to be gained from doing them. And the top tourney/spire fs are liekly to have more participation... so yea.. higher particiation fs doing things that get more badges.. probably are higher on the ranking lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.