• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion Fellowship Adventures - 2024

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
So.. question about the upcoming FA...
One of the badges is the KP badge. 'Donate x kp to another's aw.' That badge was never a big issue for most. But since the AW upgrade changes, im wondering how this is going to effect the kp badge in the FA.
The aw upgrade change, as horrible as it was... leaves many ppl unable to upgrade aw's. Leaving them with limited, or none, room for kp to be donated to there aw's. If theirs little or no room in many players of a single fs's aw's... then kp badge suddenly becomes very hard or impossible to get. I could have 6 million kp ready to go, but if no one has aw's with room left... then the kp is worthless in terms of getting a kp badge.

So was the kp badge values adjusted at all in the FA?
This is only the first fa since the aw upgrade change, so some ppl 'might' have some room left... but as it is now.. it would get worse and worse with time. Every fa would become harder and harder to get kp badges until it was nearly impossible.
I myself only have 1 aw ready to get kp at a time anymore. Because the upgrade costs are horrific. Even with a stock pile of frags and cc form doing full spire every week and MA doing CC 24/7.. i couldnt dream of getting enough to even remotely keep up. So those not as set up as myself, would have an even harder time. So they would have much less room in aw's for donations (or none).

So im wondering how this is supposed to play out in the fa...

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
So.. question about the upcoming FA...
One of the badges is the KP badge. 'Donate x kp to another's aw.' That badge was never a big issue for most. But since the AW upgrade changes, im wondering how this is going to effect the kp badge in the FA.
The aw upgrade change, as horrible as it was... leaves many ppl unable to upgrade aw's. Leaving them with limited, or none, room for kp to be donated to there aw's. If theirs little or no room in many players of a single fs's aw's... then kp badge suddenly becomes very hard or impossible to get. I could have 6 million kp ready to go, but if no one has aw's with room left... then the kp is worthless in terms of getting a kp badge.

So was the kp badge values adjusted at all in the FA?
This is only the first fa since the aw upgrade change, so some ppl 'might' have some room left... but as it is now.. it would get worse and worse with time. Every fa would become harder and harder to get kp badges until it was nearly impossible.
I myself only have 1 aw ready to get kp at a time anymore. Because the upgrade costs are horrific. Even with a stock pile of frags and cc form doing full spire every week and MA doing CC 24/7.. i couldnt dream of getting enough to even remotely keep up. So those not as set up as myself, would have an even harder time. So they would have much less room in aw's for donations (or none).

So im wondering how this is supposed to play out in the fa...
I was wondering the same thing, but from what I've seen in the past, Inno hardly ever thinks about what "could" happen before they make a change. They "dang the torpedoes (feedback) and full speed ahead" and then make changes only after they see what a mess they made. My fellowship will have the same problem. In the past, we never had AWs full and not in the process of being upgraded. Now, a lot of my fellowship members do. On one ID I can't do anything because they're all full. :mad:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
And despite no changes, this Beta FA had the top teams finish with more points than the top teams had in the previous several FAs. The fellowships who want to win the FAs won't let the AW changes stop them.

Count Rupert

And despite no changes, this Beta FA had the top teams finish with more points than the top teams had in the previous several FAs. The fellowships who want to win the FAs won't let the AW changes stop them.
The problem has never been that the top one percent won't find a way around whatever change they make. It's always the small fellowships who find themselves on the outside looking in when they make these changes. It might make it more interesting for those at the top but at the same time it makes it less interesting for those near the bottom just trying to get their members any of the artifacts they might need from doing in recent events. To make it challenging or interesting for the very top means leaving everyone else behind.

BrinDarby

KP badges are basically a ticking timebomb....
when they're full, they're full .... till then its -
"dang the torpedoes and full speed ahead"

Just think when all your FS is full , And all of
your discovered neighbors are full. Players will
hunt down absent players just to fill thier AWs
also, but there is an endpoint.... when all AWs in
the game are full and rdy to upgrade.

Then players will do the dongle about constantly
selling 1 AW and rebuilding (lvl1-2) just to have
open space to donate/use KP on..... and then we
all know Inno will say we're bugsy'ing the game
if that AW gives ohhhh RRs for selling..... ;)

For the players its a Kobiashi-Maru senario.
( no win senario )

Pheryll

Set Designer
The much smaller amount of fellowships participating is a stronger sign that the overachievement of a few. This game has dissuaded many people with the recent changes and should not be evaluated from the achievements of the top players to inform the general difficulty that all players are to experience.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The much smaller amount of fellowships participating is a stronger sign that the overachievement of a few. This game has dissuaded many people with the recent changes and should not be evaluated from the achievements of the top players to inform the general difficulty that all players are to experience.

Yes, but unfortunately, I believe Inno will do the shortsighted thing and only see the higher scores and not pay attention to the lower overall participation.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
So... phoenix event ends april 2nd at 5am est. And Fa is scheduled to start some time on april 4th... So 1 to maybe 2 days in between.
Inno better speed it up! i might have time to sneeze real quick in between events! ><
94f0cb21bd56b93e42b4e712200eced6[1].jpg

Last edited:

TimeMachine

I am very happy and enthusiastic about the fluid gameplay on all of my Life-Servers.
Everything seems to work very fine again. Elvenar is running perfect!

No matter how intense the FA is being played...

1712280262838.png

... i didn't have a single Stream Error today or had to refresh my browser.

Greetings and a big praise to the devs!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I am very happy and enthusiastic about the fluid gameplay on all of my Life-Servers.
Everything seems to work very fine again. Elvenar is running perfect!

No matter how intense the FA is being played...

... i didn't have a single Stream Error today or had to refresh my browser.

Greetings and a big praise to the devs!
Yeah it was pretty good so far. We are currently in 2nd place on Sinya.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
as i expected.. i can see some ppl are already effected by the combo of the aw upgrade change plus the kp badges requiring kp donation to aw's.
I see a lot of ppl with only one or two aw's that arnt full and the rest of there full ones jsut sitting around because they cant afford to upgrade. But im also seeing ppl with all there aw's full. Iv received a few different donations form ppl iv never heard of/had contact with before. When i go to check there cities, i see all there aw's are full. So if they want to make a kp badge, they no choice put to give it away to strangers. - That of course brings the strangers aw one step closer to being all full and unable to donate themselves.
So its only a matter of time until this whole thing crashes. Both the aw/game mechanics, as iv outlined in aw upgrade changes thread, and the aw/fa pairing as well.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Worst... best... such a fine line some times.
Prizes where mostly garbage, but they always are. I dont think anyone expects anything decent from a fa. The only thing we do expect, except for the giant headache, is the two artifacts. And we didnt even get that. Only one this time. So not good.

Timing wise.. not good imo. It was rushed to start it. Giving only 2-3 days after the last event ended. Highly annoying. Having FA and seasons quests running at the same time is even more annoying. Then we had the seasons quests end in the middle of the FA as well... So just one bad on top of another on top of another.

The whole kp aw donation badge in combination with AW's that cant be evolved anymore because lack of new upgrading materials... leaves everyone needing to donate a lot of kp for badges.. and ppl with no/few aw's left with any room in them. - I saw several ppl with only one aw open. I only have two myself. I had neighbors donating to my aw because they had zero left. And if there donating to me as a neighbor instead of there FS, i can only assume the horrible position the rest of there fs is in with this. - A true clusterf.

And interest in my fs is at an all time low. Iv ran fa's here for the last 5 years. Never seen ppl care less then they do now. They simply dont give a damn anymore.
So id say overall, the FA was a failure.

The only positive aspect was for me in a personal level. Since the fs simply didnt care much this time around... it was a great opportunity to test/see how far the fs would get in the fa without me keeping the count and coordinating everything. So i jsut sat back, made my badges, and only recorded a small fraction of what i normally would. - So it was the least stressful for me personally. Of course that comes at the cost of the fa being so crappy this time around that no one cared about it...