• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forum Fellowship Adventures

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
If we want the rewards to be on par with the tournament and the spire then we need to adjust the costs(losses) to put it on par with the tournament and the spire.

Excellent point. I'm not sure what the costs of the Spire and/or tournament are since I don't really track them. The Spire I cater (negotiate?, whatever it's called), and since I'm producing a lot more than I need it's actually, to me, pretty close to free. The tournament I do around 6000 per week and, again, the cost of the troops is minimal since my city produces so much. I guess costs are relative to what you have to pay more than absolutes. You would have to say a city not producing a lot might have a harder time negotiating the spire and thus, the impact of doing so, would be greater on that city. It's sort of like people who think nothing of spending $50 on a steak dinner versus guys like me who would have to miss paying my electric bill if I had one of those. So the costs of things is relevant....though you are right that in the same city the three might have the same impact on that city.

In the end it's a question of if the FA's are equal to the other two in the minds of the devs. Are they the "big three" events or are they second tier (like the events). I suspect it's the latter and, if so, then maybe I'm just wrong about my evaluation. Could be. I've been wrong before, just ask my wife. :)

Thanks for making me think more completely about the matter.

AJ

CrusaderMichael

"exciting and worthwhile prizes", for creating things in a FA?

I have done exactly 1 FA... and though it takes a lot of game time (not real life time), the actual effort of clicking a few buttons and waiting for things to come in, wound up being very little real life time spent.

Maybe that's why the prizes aren't increased.

Also, for that minimal real life time spent, i personally think the prizes were pretty good, VS tourneys that at 6 open fights takes a lot of real life time to finish through 6 stars... hence the prizes you get for tourneys VS FA's ?

The FA i played, its prizes felt good enough for the little real world time we had to spend to pull all the flags.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

I have done exactly 1 FA... and though it takes a lot of game time (not real life time), the actual effort of clicking a few buttons and waiting for things to come in, wound up being very little real life time spent.

Also, for that minimal real life time spent, i personally think the prizes were pretty good, VS tourneys that at 6 open fights takes a lot of real life time to finish through 6 stars... hence the prizes you get for tourneys VS FA's ?

The FA i played, its prizes felt good enough for the little real world time we had to spend to pull all the flags.

Some of the people who complain about the prizes are in fellowships who compete for the top 20, so they get to the Pit early and then they all sit around for hours at a time completing round after round in the Pit.

And if you want to spend less time in the tournament, just use the mobile app for that. It is auto-fight only and is much faster than the browser version of the game. I can do a round of fights in 20 provinces in maybe 15 minutes. So 6 stars in 20 provinces is easily less than two hours of game time for me, spread out over the five days of the tournament.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If we want the rewards to be on par with the tournament and the spire then we need to adjust the costs(losses) to put it on par with the tournament and the spire.
I think the biggest single cost of a fellowship adventure is the additional time it takes managing productions in order to make badges. And if you are in a leadership position for the fellowship, the additional time you spend coordinating everything. Beyond that, I would say my biggest costs for a fellowship adventure are in using Teleport Building spells and in lost production. Typically I teleport some or all of my tier 3 and tier 2 manufactories out of the game for a FA to make room for L1 workshops and manufactories. Because of the drop in needed population I am also able to teleport several large residences out. So a typical FA costs me 5 to 8 Teleport Building spells. More importantly, it costs me a week's worth of output from the buildings I teleport.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
the FA is useless if you get 9 artifacts though
Maybe not now that they are starting to put older artifacts in the Spire. If they keep to a 6 week schedule for every evolving building then we should get to recent buildings within a year. I admit the the Everblossom Sleigh is not the best evolving building ever. But the Witch Hut was very good and the Wise Golem was decent. I won a 2nd base for both of these in the event and have 2 artifacts for each from the following fellowship adventure. If artifacts for either of these every go in the Spire I would happily place 2nd copies of these. And if this happens, the 2 artifacts from the FA mean I would only need to win 7 in the Spire for a fully evolved 2nd building instead of winning 9.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Making 4% of the badges needed to complete all spots in the FA requires about the same amount of work/time as doing the quests for a major event.
The event gives you 8-10 artifacts, plus the main building, plus dozens of minor rewards like instances and at least a dozen daily rewards, sometimes 20+.

now compare that to the FA rewards.

CrusaderMichael

Making 4% of the badges needed to complete all spots in the FA requires about the same amount of work/time as doing the quests for a major event.
The event gives you 8-10 artifacts, plus the main building, plus dozens of minor rewards like instances and at least a dozen daily rewards, sometimes 20+.

now compare that to the FA rewards.

I would agree with you except there is "time" you actually have to spend out of your life doing something in game, versus "time" that is just waiting for something to come in after you pressed a few buttons and walked away from your phone/computer (as you are mainly doing in a FA).

FA's don't take even 1/10th the "real life time doing something in game" that this last event took me (which included the fights, relics, enchants etc). I did the entire sleigh event (to 2 sleighs and an extra upgrade) and it was many times more "requiring of my real life time doing things", than the FA i did, and i was 100% doing what i was supposed to do in the previous FA.

Comparing actual time requirements in tournaments or the everblossom event, with a FA time waiting 24 hours for a product to arrive, is like comparing climbing up a mountain, to taking a cable car up it instead.

Rewards seem fine to me, because waiting for a badge to come in after pressing a button, really isn't "work" to me, compared to the other things.

SoggyShorts

I would agree with you except there is "time" you actually have to spend out of your life doing something in game, versus "time" that is just waiting for something to come in after you pressed a few buttons and walked away from your phone/computer (as you are mainly doing in a FA).
How are the FA and events different in that regard?

• Event asks for "solve 6 tournament encounters"
  • FA asks for Ghost badges

• Event asks for Produce T1 goods
  • FA asks for Bracelets which require T1 prodcution
Etc

They are all the same, but the FA asks for more while providing less.

Last edited:

CrusaderMichael

How are the FA and events different in that regard?

• Event asks for "solve 6 tournament encounters"
  • FA asks for Ghost badges

• Event asks for Produce T1 goods
  • FA asks for Bracelets which require T1 prodcution
Etc

They are all the same, but the FA asks for more while providing less.

Not trying to argue Soggy... i hope you know I'm just trying to get the point across.

The event had "produce blah blah blah" stuff similar to FA's but also time consuming things like getting relics, solving encounters etc.

I just counted 108 solve encounters. Also there are many things you have to time to advance through the quests (both regular and daily) at a decent pace to even be able to get the wishes item. The encounters take time unless you just negotiate or autobattle, which, i do not do (i'm too small to get away with that stuff and still try to do well in tourneys etc).

And the 108 encounters doesn't count the 160 relics the event asks for (only a few of those can be done another way, ie combining cats), because they are different quests. A LOT of those relics have to come from fighting, again, or you risk running out of time to finish the event.

Compare all this sort of stuff to what you do in an FA (15 seconds of clicking, and walk away from the game for hours or a day) and I just have to say the actual time you have to spend to finish the event (as in, actual time you are manually doing things in game) is many times that of what you'll do for an FA.

The last event felt like an FA on steroids. And... i liked it.

Without the fights etc that force us to chew up actual time in game, FA just doesn't warrant comparable loot. (i stress, 108 encounters, 160 relics... though yes, some of this is all doubled up since we do tourneys etc anyway, most i found, for me, were not)

SoggyShorts

The event had "produce blah blah blah" stuff similar to FA's but also time consuming things like getting relics, solving encounters etc.
Without the fights etc that force us to chew up actual time in game, FA just doesn't warrant comparable loot.
Getting relics? Oh, you mean like Elemental Marble badges that require relics?
Solving encounters? Oh you mean like Ghost in a Bottle badges that require you to solve 3 encounters?

Clearing the FA requires hundreds of relics and encounters.
Not trying to argue Soggy... i hope you know I'm just trying to get the point across.
If your point is that the event asks you to do different things than the FA does, well... that's simply untrue.
Aside from "visit neighbors", "post trades", and "buy KP" the event tasks are basically copies of FA badges.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 849192770

he event tasks are basically copies of FA badges.
are you sure it's not the other way around? and i find the badges needed nost are 1 or 2 day production the others pretty much happen from tourney and spire its more a matter of coordinating what to make with your FA.

CrusaderMichael

Getting relics? Oh, you mean like Elemental Marble badges that require relics?
Solving encounters? Oh you mean like Ghost in a Bottle badges that require you to solve 3 encounters?

Clearing the FA requires hundreds of relics and encounters.

If your point is that the event asks you to do different things than the FA does, well... that's simply untrue.
Aside from "visit neighbors", "post trades", and "buy KP" the event tasks are basically copies of FA badges.

i find it amusing you are comparing these badges, you get as a team, with what a single person has to do as an individual in the blossom event.

You must know all this since you're the size you are in game.

"clearing the FA requires hundreds of relics and encounters"

As a team.

Now compare that same statement, AS AN INDIVIDUAL, for the other event.

Even pretending the FA deserves comparable rewards when the time put in to the game for each individual, is 10 times more for one event (not FA) than the other, is getting nonsensical.

Sprite1313

i find it amusing you are comparing these badges, you get as a team, with what a single person has to do as an individual in the blossom event.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one. Badges aren't earned as a team; waypoints are cleared as a team.

As Soggy has said, in order to carry my share of the load for an FA in my FS, I have to complete encounters, craft items, gain relics, etc. Also, look how many people retool their cities to compete in an FA.

For me, the individual events like the recent Carnival are much less demanding than the FAs. I can get through the quests with normal game play, just ensuring that I synchronize scouting and clearing provinces (which I have to do to open up the next chapter anyway), doing tournament encounters and spire encounters (which I do anyway) with where those quests fall in the order.

Meanwhile, because I have a fairly competitive FS, to support an FA I rearrange my city by teleporting buildings in and out, stockpile CCs and time instants, and (sometimes) put my guest race on hold to build the shantytown I need to provide enough badges for my FS to do well. None of which is required for the individual events. And all of that for a carting library (which I like), a ferris wheel, some AW KPs and two artifacts (which I may or may not need).

In a standard event, I execute normal game play and collect lots of buildings which help my city, AW KP, unit instants and an evolving building.

CrusaderMichael

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one. Badges aren't earned as a team; waypoints are cleared as a team.

As Soggy has said, in order to carry my share of the load for an FA in my FS, I have to complete encounters, craft items, gain relics, etc. Also, look how many people retool their cities to compete in an FA.

For me, the individual events like the recent Carnival are much less demanding than the FAs. I can get through the quests with normal game play, just ensuring that I synchronize scouting and clearing provinces (which I have to do to open up the next chapter anyway), doing tournament encounters and spire encounters (which I do anyway) with where those quests fall in the order.

Meanwhile, because I have a fairly competitive FS, to support an FA I rearrange my city by teleporting buildings in and out, stockpile CCs and time instants, and (sometimes) put my guest race on hold to build the shantytown I need to provide enough badges for my FS to do well. None of which is required for the individual events. And all of that for a carting library (which I like), a ferris wheel, some AW KPs and two artifacts (which I may or may not need).

In a standard event, I execute normal game play and collect lots of buildings which help my city, AW KP, unit instants and an evolving building.

WHAT ? A single player in everblossom had 74 quests.... each quest had 2 tasks.... 148 tasks total... you're comparing that with someone creating some blacksmith badges and getting reward for a flag?

This is from the OP..." Several members of our Fellowship agree that we would like to see more exciting and worthwhile prizes for the Fellowship Adventures. It's a huge time involvement for very little reward. "

Everblossom sleigh event.... 2700 fights as a fellowship. 4000 relics. And all the combinings (hundreds) etc.

Now compare that to the FA requirements for entire fellowship max reward.... "i did my 24 hour badges, pull the flag, i'll do more blacksmith badges tomorrow" haha. I'm mocking it but for some, that's all they'll do. Whereas an individual if they wanted to max everblossom reward, had to run 148 tasks, often requiring timing and fighting effort (108 fights, and 160 relics).

And sure, some people may do 5 things in an FA.... 5, to pull a flag. OH THE HUMANITY !!! haha. And the vast majority of them are just doing what they'd do anyway, like make bread or whatever.

No matter WHAT you can even think of doing in a well organized group as you say, in an FA, your share is next to nothing compared to what your group would have to do if they had to collectively fight 2700 fights and gain 4000 relics etc etc, all in a time gated way as everblossom made you do it, as individuals.

The FA rewards are work for work, way more than the everblossom event.

Also, this is about rewards the FA gives... not what it costs you to redo your city etc etc. Cuz that stuff is completely optional and definitely not needed to get all rewards.

If the devs want to give more prizes... give more for everblossom type events... not FA.

People just think FA is tough because it's an exercise in SLOW... not effort.

unless you think each individual is gonna do 108 fights and 160 relics etc etc worth of actual game effort, in your FA.... but we both know not a single person will even do half that, and most won't even do 1/10 that.

FA prizes are fine. In fact we should be grateful they aren't even less for the tiny effort needed to get the prizes

Deleted User - 849192770

@CrusaderMichael i think you're just wrong on this one you lose a lot of goods and supplies just making one production every 2 days and then you don't always have enough to do spire and tourney my lvl 15 marble make 12080 goods every 2 days compared to a measly 3,000ish if i do one production then that time 4 factories and the the suplly loss on top of that all for some artifacts i might not need one kp a day for 100 days a soe time boosts and a ferris wheel (the ferris wheel is pretty good though)

CrusaderMichael

well that i agree on... you do lose out that way. Night and day in terms of production. But in terms of actual effort to get prizes, 148 tasks and 108 fights and 160 relics and combinings etc etc for every individual, versus average effort per individual in an FA... that is just night and day too.

And though I'll never agree that FA actual effort is comparable to that, maybe devs could allow OPTIONS of prizes for FA.

as in, give a few prizes OR a few other prizes... chosen by the player.... to satisfy needs of all