• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship KP Swaps

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
I’m in need of a new way to swap KPs in my FS . If you could please share your way , with written guidelines . Not only will this help me but it will help others in the future. I can then also put it on the Sorcerers Scrolls of Knowledge.
Thank you in advance ;)

Dew Spinner

As far as i know there are only 4 ways to swap KP

1. No swap thread, wild west.
2. Swap threads
3. Buddy system, players pairing up.
4. NetZero

Dew Spinner

@muffy. and this thread...https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/aw-society-vs-netzero-vs-x-which-is-best-for-someone-with-no-experience.26802/page-2#post-264031

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
There is a very in depth and detailed description on all of the ways here in the forum. I forget the name of the poster but will try to find them. If anybody finds it before me please share. Ty!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I prefer NetZero over all other systems, it's simple, fast, and fair.

How it works:
  1. You fill your own wonder about 1/2 way.
  2. Post your wonder in the NetZero message thread.
  3. Your FS members buy the chests for their value (E.G. if the chest reward is 10 KP they pay 10 KP)
  4. After all of the chests have been claimed you finish filling the wonder yourself
The main advantages:
  • It has almost no admin with even less work than swap threads
  • It solves poaching issues
  • It solves missed chest rewards issues
  • Usually only 1 message per wonder
  • There's no waiting on anything, ever
  • You can log in and dump KP in seconds if you are short on time.
  • It has a simple, fair, and equal rate of return for every KP invested
To be fair there are some downsides
  • For some players, the explanation is hard to grasp at first
  • You need 8 active players to make it work (one per reward chest + owner)
  • A tiny bit of math is required (you have to be able to add 15s, 20s, and 5s to figure out the value of a chest)
  • If there is a screw up it takes a few messages to fix
  • You might need to add a side system for FS Perk KP dumping like Partners.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts That is the best, most concise explanation of NetZero I've ever seen. I've never been in a FS that uses NetZero. And I have seen much longer explanations in the past that did not make sense to me. Now I understand it. Thank you!
1 question though: it seems to be based entirely on point value. I would guess that NetZero predates being able to exchange rune shards for KP. Do you think it is worth revising the system to account for rune shards? Or should they just be considered a bonus for contributing players?

hoopity

I find net-zero more taxing than the other systems I've encountered. Too much KP counting and trying to fit every free KP perk and AW booster into specific value increments. I just want to dump a bunch of KP on someone's AW and move on.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Not @SoggyShorts but I can answer the ? about the rune value. In the Derp FS's (Soggy and TomatoeHu's FS's), the runes are valued at 15kp each.
Also, the ? about the alternate system for daily kp: we have a partner. My partner and I each pick an AW for daily drops (I prefer one that I'd 'like' to upgrade but won't really be looking at for awhile) and we each just drop the free kp when we're doing daily visits. Yes, issues arise, but everything is generally worked out by the members privately. Examples:
I've had 2 daily swap partners when we've had an odd number of members. Since I have a 'don't give a darn' approach to kp in general (daily kp bar currently has over 18K kp in it, hundreds of each of the AWKP instants, lol!) I'm a good member for that. I always have extra kp anyway. Gives me somewhere to spend it. If I forget to spend the 'free' kp, (which I seem to do in spurts; just go a few days without thinking about it at all for some unknown reason, lol!) I'll put extra kp into my partner's AW. It may not be easy to keep up with what I'm doing, so I always try to err in favor of my partner because I truly don't worry about kp for myself at all. I'm down to one partner right now, but would take on another if someone needed a partner.
At some point, the AW may go into the NetZero thread. Some players prefer the daily swap partner claim the top chest by putting in the extra kp equal to what will be claimed from the chest. I don't do that. I figure my swap partner deserves somewhat of a bonus just for putting up with me, lol!

SoggyShorts

1 question though: it seems to be based entirely on point value. I would guess that NetZero predates being able to exchange rune shards for KP. Do you think it is worth revising the system to account for rune shards? Or should they just be considered a bonus for contributing players?
Yes, perks & runeshard>KP conversion came after Net0 so as Samido said we count runes as 15 and it works out great.
Personally, I think this is an absolute must in order to keep things fair. What bothers me the most in other systems is that more advanced players tend to play more often and therefore get more top chests, and therefore a greater share of rewards than newer players.

KP Perks is solved separately with Partners: You just pair up with another player and each designates a wonder for dumping those, and when they are about half full(or once a month, or whatever) you can balance out and toss them into the net0 swap.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

I just want to dump a bunch of KP on someone's AW and move on.
Which system allows you to "dump a bunch of KP on someone's AW and move on."?

Part of NetZero's charm is that you can simply log in, dump in your own wonder and move on, which is even faster.

Last edited:

Zoof

I prefer NetZero over all other systems, it's simple, fast, and fair.

How it works:
  1. You fill your own wonder about 1/2 way.
  2. Post your wonder in the NetZero message thread.
  3. Your FS members buy the chests for their value (E.G. if the chest reward is 10 KP they pay 10 KP)
  4. After all of the chests have been claimed you finish filling the wonder yourself
The main advantages:
  • It has almost no admin with even less work than swap threads
  • It solves poaching issues
  • It solves missed chest rewards issues
  • Usually only 1 message per wonder
  • There's no waiting on anything, ever
  • You can log in and dump KP in seconds if you are short on time.
  • It has a simple, fair, and equal rate of return for every KP invested
To be fair there are some downsides
  • For some players, the explanation is hard to grasp at first
  • You need 8 active players to make it work (one per reward chest + owner)
  • A tiny bit of math is required (you have to be able to add 15s, 20s, and 5s to figure out the value of a chest)
  • If there is a screw up it takes a few messages to fix
  • You might need to add a side system for FS Perk KP dumping like Partners.
I've heard and known what NetZero was for quite a while, but never totally understood just how it was accomplished. And was too embarrassed to actually ask.

Your short explanation on the most important bits finally solidified all the stray thoughts underneath my hat, which now makes me excited about this improvement over basic swap threads, but also a wee bit afraid to suggest such a thing in any of the fellowships that I'm in. Mostly because swap threads are plain easy to understand as well as lovingly maintained where I'm at. That and I'm afraid I'd bungle up the explanation if I tried to share the enlightenment.

Which system allows you to "dump a bunch of KP on someone's AW and move on."?

Part of NetZero's charm is that you can simply log in, dump in your own wonder and move on, which is even faster.

And that bit speaks to my heart. I've already gotten worn out on managing my KP bar to be able to use it in a swap thread, and have instead been shoveling random bits into the AW that I'm working on.

With more sincerity than I normally have for such a statement: Thank you!