• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Progression Feature

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Is there a time limit for using points in the spire or tournament archive? In other words, do the points reset if not used within a certain period of weeks?

annen1

I am sure this whole "FS" progression feature is going to be a "learning experience" for all of us. I wish the announcement team had given an example of when and why an Archmage would do a reset in their original statement. The information about the point cost per upgrade is informative TY. But at this point, I feel still feel like my Mages and I at least need to know what type of situations would cause us to do a reset. Any light you can shed on this issue would be appreciated. TIA

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm not sure I understand what and why perks would be reset. I'm AM in 3 cities and would appreciate a little more info please
Thank you
Sarafyne

Any of your Mages can also spend XP on buying and leveling Perks, so if one of them does something you did not want, then you can reset the Perks once per month for free and spend the XP where you want it to go. Or if you start with a Perk and end up not liking it or needing it, you can then reset and spend the XP in a different way.

annen1

So are you saying that resetting is basically be used to:-
  • correct mistakes or changes in circumstances (like an upgrade you bought with experience at one time) that you no longer need?
  • that this resetting can be done once a month for free
  • or if you feel it is urgent you can pay to reset the problem with the experience points you have accumulated in the Category you need to reset
    • Those categories being
      • Neighborly Help points
      • Tournament Chests points
      • Spire Crystal points

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So are you saying that resetting is basically be used to:-
  • correct mistakes or changes in circumstances (like an upgrade you bought with experience at one time) that you no longer need?
  • that this resetting can be done once a month for free
  • or if you feel it is urgent you can pay to reset the problem with the experience points you have accumulated in the Category you need to reset
    • Those categories being
      • Neighborly Help points
      • Tournament Chests points
      • Spire Crystal points

A reset will set all perks back to level zero and give you back all your XP to spend again. There is no picking and choosing. And if you have to reset more than once in a month, it will cost 2000 diamonds for a 2nd reset. And since only the AM can reset, the AM would have to pay this cost.

annen1

A reset will set all perks back to level zero and give you back all your XP to spend again. There is no picking and choosing. And if you have to reset more than once in a month, it will cost 2000 diamonds for a 2nd reset. And since only the AM can reset, the AM would have to pay this cost.
That would cost $20. real money out of pocket every time we need to make a change. 5 changes would add up to $100. That would absolutely leave zero money to improve their own gameplay. That is an untenable situation for most AM's. Sorry, about the adamancy of my reply, but I really like playing this game and being an AM and that could force me out of both. :(

Last edited:

Sir Bently

I think the whole idea is just plain dumb , and I will tell you why for example it's confusing and going to be frustrating especially to new and low level players and I guarantee you Elvenar will loose a lot of players and giving the Archmages and Mage's the control over this is insane cause I guarantee
you a lot of Archmages and Mage's will get power hungry I promise you it's gonna come back to bite Elvenar in the Butt I for one am totally against it cause all it's going to do is cause major problems for everyone Now that I have seen this I will never join a fellowship

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Do all players get the same amount of free KP for AW swap? I want to set up a swap chain but I'm not clear on how it works. If different players have different amounts then it doesn't seem like something we can work with in equitable trading.

Huor

I think the reset would only be used for changes in circumstances, or to change try and get that 10th chest in the last tournament (or gold spire) before your free reset expires. If there are "power hungry" mages that do as they please, they won't be mages long. This sounds like a good time for the fellowships to start discussing their goals (team and personal) for the upcoming new year which is what my AM is doing. This can really help direct the best use of this new feature.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Do all players get the same amount of free KP for AW swap? I want to set up a swap chain but I'm not clear on how it works. If different players have different amounts then it doesn't seem like something we can work with in equitable trading.

The free kp is 1 per level of the perk, for instance in the image below the perk is at level 4.
1639316211133.png

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The two that jump out at me as valuable are of course the tourney and spire rewards. If anyone can't return nh within 24 hours, I doubt they'll do it in 28. And one kp doesn't thrill me either. But getting another chest or another crystal in spire thrills me no end. Coming from a group that always got gold (with a short stop in between with a "sometimes" group) and then going back to one that never gets gold, well, I admit I sometimes miss the rewards. I'm going to encourage the fellowship towards that end and get a consensus from the group before I start throwing points around. The AM can always negate what we mages do anyway, so I think it's best to get a vote from the group and go for one perk or maybe two. It does get more expensive every time but it certainly seems worth it.

Iyapo1

So if you open another chest in the tournament using the tournament perk or open another crystal in the spire using the spire perk....do you get the FS experience points for that last crystal or chest?

Sarafyne

Any of your Mages can also spend XP on buying and leveling Perks, so if one of them does something you did not want, then you can reset the Perks once per month for free and spend the XP where you want it to go. Or if you start with a Perk and end up not liking it or needing it, you can then reset and spend the XP in a different way.
Got it, thank you very much :)
Sarafyne

Sarafyne

So if you open another chest in the tournament using the tournament perk or open another crystal in the spire using the spire perk....do you get the FS experience points for that last crystal or chest?
My understanding is that you can only finish a Chest or crystal with the perk points, not open it, so I assume that would count.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
That would cost $20. real money out of pocket every time we need to make a change. 5 changes would add up to $100. That would absolutely leave zero money to improve their own gameplay. That is an untenable situation for most AM's. Sorry, about the adamancy of my reply, but I really like playing this game and being an AM and that could force me out of both. :(
I have not played with this feature yet. But from the descriptions of it, this seems like something you plan out on a long term basis. So I don't think you would be constantly resetting it. I plan to discuss it with my mages and figure out which perks we want to focus on. Then we'll try it for a few weeks and revisit the issue. If we've changed our mind by then about which perks are best then the first free reset should be available. I am sure this is something which will take some thought and planning to get the most benefit from. But I also don't think it is going to be necessary to reset every week or something like that.