• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship recommendation mechanism is horrible

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I agree with @Ashrem. I am in the FS. I would see trades, chats, spire/tourney activity and neighborly visits. There ain’t nothing going on! Not to mention, if you look at the screenshot, some are inactive as early as chap 2. What are they doing accumulating 0 score for weeks? Under the new tech tree, there ain’t no Spire yet til ch5. There ain’t no tournament yet ch4. These are not veterans with diamond farming cities on old tech tree at ch3 (who is even diamond farming in this kind of bronze FS anyway). They aren’t parked tourney cities at ch16. They are newbies with half-ass built residences and factories. If you are a diamond or tourney parked city, you’d still need to max out your factories. I don’t think @BrinDarby and @Moho are hanging out in early chapters with a bunch of lvl 3 residences and factories. It’s VERY hard for new cities to NOT accumulate any score for weeks at a time.

My big city is playing with someone whose city is now comprised mostly of event buildings, which adds nothing to her score, but her score still changes bc destruction of buildings change score too.

But even though I am an eye witness to their total lack of activity, let’s give them the benefit of the doubt and say they are playing once a month. How is this still positive or good development? We all know new players need trades the most. The game is still putting them all in the same basket to struggle. The game is still suggesting they go hang out with players that are inactive in just about every way and they are still essentially playing in a zombie FS if everyone’s checking in once a month.

Silver Lady

Newbies with newbies is definitely a problem. @crackie your point about trades is valid and a big problem for the newbies. I started seeing lots of crazy 0-star trades from different players, checked them out and everyone was put up by a newbie in a newbie only FS. The trades sat there for days and I finally took pity on a few and picked up some of the trades. Sent msg to a few and wound up picking up a couple of players that seem to want to learn & progress, but the majority didn’t respond and after a couple of weeks it looks like they quit.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Chapter # in the late teens.
Game recommend nothing but single-person fellowships.
Logged out, hit some more cities, logged in, looked again.
Game recommended a different slate of nothing but single-person fellowships.
Just what you wanted, right? The opportunity to game with a loner and build a FS from scratch.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
What chapter is the AM of said FS? Are they chap5 and below?

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

Maybe try a new deodorant ?