• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Tools

• Thread starter DeletedUser4881
  • Start date

DeletedUser4881

This could equally go under "New Game Feature" or "Communication" or "UI"...

I feel we need some tools for the ArchMages and Mages to help us identify how active FS members are. The glowing hands are great to help people know when someone has visited them in the last day but the hands go away if we visit them back so I can't tell who has done visits and who hasn't once I do my own. The Notifications get overwritten by trade and non member activity so I can't go there either to be sure if someone is doing visits.

Those of us who try to manage Fellowships need a quick check method to see who has done visits and put up trades in the last X number of days. An ArchMage/Mage dashboard on our members would be a major help.

I'd like a quick glance showing at a minimum for each member:
-Last signed in
-Last did Visits
-Last put up / accepted Trades

Even nicer would be:
- Score increase over last 7 days vs last 21 days
- Number of Visits done in last 7 days
- Number of Trades taken in last 7 days
- Number of Trades placed in last 7 days

It's hard to keep track and it detracts from our own fun trying to do so. But if we don't keep track a FS doesn't work well to support it's active members and we either lose good members or start getting complaints, so we could really use some simple tools to help us focus more on playing and less on managing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1996

Ok WindySkies ---I`m liking yer thinking !! Really !! :)

DeletedUser4699

Great ideas. Would love to see some of this implemented!

DeletedUser3602

I feel we need some tools for the ArchMages and Mages to help us identify how active FS members are. The glowing hands are great to help people know when someone has visited them in the last day but the hands go away if we visit them back so I can't tell who has done visits and who hasn't once I do my own. The Notifications get overwritten by trade and non member activity so I can't go there either to be sure if someone is doing visits.

THIS!! As an archmage I message everyone our weekly results (# of visits and score increase), but I´m always missing a few visits (mostly because the notifications got overwritten by trades) which is very annoying for my fellowship members.
So yes I would LOVE to be able to see who did their visits when.

DeletedUser5869

That feels kind of invasive. I'm not against the idea, but I'm not sure I wan't everyone knowing all of my stats & policing me when I'm supposed to be playing a game. I think the idea could be improved by giving the Fellows the option of keeping those stats private/public, and then from there either make those stats page viewable to the FS or just the AM or to specific individuals...

Making all of this public might make some players angry when others don't contribute as much for whatever reason. We don't know what people are experiencing in real life, but that won't stop Player Z from raging on Player Q when Player Q is busy taking care of his dying mother.

So this should definitely be a feature, but it needs some safeties and precautions on it, in my opinion.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
That feels kind of invasive. I'm not against the idea, but I'm not sure I wan't everyone knowing all of my stats & policing me when I'm supposed to be playing a game. I think the idea could be improved by giving the Fellows the option of keeping those stats private/public, and then from there either make those stats page viewable to the FS or just the AM or to specific individuals...

Making all of this public might make some players angry when others don't contribute as much for whatever reason. We don't know what people are experiencing in real life, but that won't stop Player Z from raging on Player Q when Player Q is busy taking care of his dying mother.

So this should definitely be a feature, but it needs some safeties and precautions on it, in my opinion.

I think she means only for Archmages to see, so that we can better know who is doing there visits and so on, not for the whole fellowship to see. And if you think your archmage or mages are not watching that you are doing (or not doing) the required visits and such (unless you are in a fellowship without rules) you are most likely mistaken, as it is our job to make sure every member is doing their part, this would only make the job easier.

I think this should have been an option long ago and is really needed to run a fellowship successfully, also like the added comments of wonder tracker, who invited/rejected/accepted applicants, start dates, and weekly score increase, all great idea's.
Please send this!! Whom ever looks after the sending of idea's to the Dev's.
Has this idea been posted on the beta forums (Soggy) anyone? If not it should be!

Last edited:

azrose

Wow. A lot of micromanaging for a game. Yes, active members help the fellowship grow as a whole but this is just a game and real life happens. I can tell who is active in my fellowship without any other tools than the glowing hands. Actually I can tell without them.

DeletedUser2824

Football is just a game too, one with rules and structure that a lot of people love to play anyway. While I know the world is full of poor managers, it's also full of even more people who understand balance. As an Archmage it's not my intention to tell my pups how to run their city, but it's my responsibility to do my best to create an environment where everyone can get together and enjoy the game. And yes, I start by choosing a few good rules to lay a foundation for a healthy, thriving fellowship. After that I do my best to get involved with everyone. I'm a terrible conversationalist, but I have still managed to create some camaraderie with everyone. I also research things and bring them this information, again, not to tell them how to run their city, but to give them more tools to help enhance their gaming experience. And then yet another responsibility as an archmage comes up; when someone disappears for awhile without saying anything. Because I care, I usually send a letter to see if anything is wrong. If they don't answer after some time, yes, I'm going to let them go. If it was something like a loss of computer or any such thing they can always re-apply when they get back in business, but I'm not going to hold out for the next month and find out they've just quit the game. That's not fair to everyone else.

Communication is the key. I have several pups who have things going on that makes it hard for them to be as involved in the game, but I know this because they've told me, so they're not under the red list for removal. That's all I want, if something's going on just. let. me. know! You don't have to give me all the details, just enough to know you didn't quit or lose interest.

We're not here to micromanage, we're here to play the game like everyone else. But we also want to enjoy the game and give everyone else the opportunity to do that too. We do that by creating structure and encouraging our team to grow in the environment we strive to keep healthy and enjoyable.

DeletedUser5869

And that is great for you
every FS is different
Exactly why something like this isn't needed! Why should the devs cater to those who cannot play, when there are players like azrose who can do so just fine?
Just trying to understand your comment.

I think the AM should also be able to see everyone's boosted goods so it can be made public so FS's can recruit based on those needs... or not, idk. My opinion.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Why should the devs cater to those who cannot play, when there are players like azrose who can do so just fine?
I think you may not have enough archmage experience to understand the challenges.
Some players are Archmages in several different servers, and some of those FS want to play competitively, or at least very actively.
It can be a huge pain to try and track 120 players that should be doing FS visits 5x a week as per the FS rules.
It's not that these AM "cannot play" it's that they might be playing on a different level.

DeletedUser4778

Not an archmage and don't wanna be but I help out because I know it's demanding. What I would really like to see is usual average daily or weekly goods output. Estimates are fine but I would really like to have a general idea so we can see how to better balance out the FS.

Last edited by a moderator: