• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Tools

• Thread starter DeletedUser4881
  • Start date

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
"Is he just arguing with himself now?" Internet debates style "B": Instead of countering the opposition's facts and opinions ......attempt to make them look foolish.

Actually I quoted your entire post unedited.
You replied to yourself.
If you look foolish, that's on you.

And people have been countering your "facts" and opinions all along. You just keep repeating the same stuff over and over.
Many people have said the original topic was derailed past recognition. You plow on.
Can it really surprise you that "spam" and "troll" are being thrown around?
Do you really think we are going out of our way to make you "look" foolish?
Can you imagine me getting drawn back into this ridiculous debate anymore?

If you answered yes to any of the above, you are oblivious to reality.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You replied to yourself.
I didn't reply to myself, I quoted what I said previously to remind Nico that there was an easy answer to the distress.
If you look foolish, that's on you.

It's true my failings are my own. I don't feel like I need to bow to character assassination when people try to shut me up because they find a conversation boring. Soggy and I were having a perfectly civil discussion and even in agreement that the proposed functions would be a good thing, but should be optional. We were discussing my reasons for thinking they should be optional, when a number of other people became bored with the conversation and started attacking my character in what I can only assume was an attempt to humiliate me into shutting up. Sadly for those people, I don't take kindly to people who try to stifle debate by attacking other people's character.

My opinions are just that, opinions. They might not be valid. I've been wrong once or twice in my life, but they don't deserve to be called trolling or spam. That's on you and the others who are trying to stifle my part of the discussion because you disagree.

Many people have said the original topic was derailed past recognition.
We appear to be working from different definitions of the word "many."
Do you really think we are going out of our way to make you "look" foolish?
Not at all. I suspect you didn't even consciously realize that character assassination was the tactic you are employing. It doesn't change the fact that it is what you were doing. You didn't have to go out of your way at all.
Can it really surprise you that "spam" and "troll" are being thrown around?
It doesn't surprise me in the least, since anonymous people on the internet do it hundreds of times a day. That doesn't mean it isn't worth pointing out.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2963

Several of the people involved in this discussion are itching for a fight. This thread started getting hostile on page one. I bowed out on page three.
Ashrem is not the problem on this thread.

I composed something long and winding from Saskatoon to Kapuskasing, but this isn't really getting us anywhere. We both think it should be opt in. The fact that our reasons differ seems like a poor excuse for all of this.
So trolls, gonna let it drop? Or are you going to keep going and blame it all on Ashrem?

*pokes Ashrem in the eye, so I can sit back and make fun of him when he responds*

Back on topic, I think it should be opt in as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5869

Back on topic, I think it should be opt in as well.
You know, after 6 pages of reading, I've actually changed my mind & I think the AM's should just have it. Make it nice and easy. Fellows don't even have to know the AM's can do this...
& it won't really matter in FS's that don't have requirements, so I don't really see the harm anymore. Though I wouldn't complain for it being opt-in. Any AM's who don't like a Fellow's choice can just expel him, since he agreed to the conditions when he joined.

DeletedUser188

I would vote for this feature and use it
In the FoE forum players have asked for more info about guild members ( fellowship members) many times
They get the same response over and over from their MODS that it would violate some sort of German privacy laws
Having no knowledge of German privacy law I just have to take their word for it
I would be willing to bet that will be the same response in Elvenar
It would be nice if 1 of our MODS could at least contact the people that actually make decisions about these things and make it official either way

DeletedUser4508

I would like to see some of the features that you provide in Forge of Empires, brought to this game. The yellow/red dots for inactivity. The ability to switch places with buildings. THe ability to flag a trade for guild only. There are so many things that FoE can do, that Elvenar can not.

DeletedUser5747

I don't want or need a whole lot of stats, the only thing I want is to be able to see the last 2-3 times my members do visits, whether or not they've been active in trades, and MAYBE their boosted goods. I'm not really that concerned about the overall score of the fellowship itself, I'm more concerned with my memebers getting the help they need to grow themselves no matter what the score of the fellowship is and we can't help each other with a bunch of laggers piggybacking on everyone else. I would like to see my members get well enough ahead to perhaps start their own fellowships but they can't do that without help of the other members.
I agree. Just throw us a bone here, it needn't be complicated.
Nothing in either of those contracts gave Inno permission to tell the AM of my fellowship anything about how and when I play.
Privacy laws has nothing to do with simple stats of accumulated number of visits. or x amount of trades posted or accepted. It only need to be for a day, I will admit weekly would be better. Most AM's are in game every day. I can sit in game all day long and figure it out, but that isn't helping my own game. There is more than one AM that keeps a binder of all pays and plays and we all know it. There is too much brain power to disagree that it isn't happening. Simple tools is all we are asking. I don't care who is on line, I am not asking for anything more than a contact sheet of the before mentioned. @ Lady Elisa You mention (MAYBE their boosted goods.), yes that would be nice even for mages to run figures to keep the FS goods balanced at a glance. I put responsibilities on our hierarchy but our FS is different and those people have responsibilities as do I. It is a requirement to have their boosted goods at the tail end of their city name. Ei Mine reads BH C cityname SScrE just to save time for our Ambassadors to scout and recruit. Maybe that is something that would help you too.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
One of the least fun parts about long conversations on the internet is when people start saying something isn't about things that no-one ever said it was about.

DeletedUser5951

I think this is an excellent idea. It would have to be limited to the Arch and Mages because many mages do alot of that tracking for the arch. It would not be public information actually, it really needs to be no information. The computer itself can tell you if the players have been active. Pick an icon and use it in the fellowship tab when a player hasnt played in a certain amount of time. This could be a setting that the arch mage sets and it only appears for the mages and arch mages. Maybe a whole seperate tab in the fellowship folder that only they can see that has activity/ inactivity icons for each player, each players boosts and whether or not they are unlocked, their ranking and maybe even their score, but too much more information is a little invasive. Their are other tools we could use too. Seperate from tracking inactivity and boosts. We need to be able to track and list the secret wonders among our fellows. This will make a wonders pool much easier to implement in some of the smaller fellowships who are still learning. This would be public info among the fellowship. I also think a help tool in which I mean you are only asking for help and not chatting socially among fellows. It should be seperate from the chat but located near it. It would be only visible to your fellowship like your chat, but designated as a flag for immediate help. When you click on it it will give you a list of who needs help in a tab like the chat . Just a thought!