• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowships, and finding the balance

• Thread starter Deleted User - 849327848
  • Start date

Deleted User - 849327848

So, I'm super curious about this. But how do you balance the importance of a FS for yourself? I feel bad for thinking about jumping between fellowships, but I'm also trying to find a place where I can stay forever, it's a bit hard though, for example

I want a FS that gets 10 chests(not to hard) but everyone helps, not just 4-6 people out of 24 that are the reason you get that chest. But I also want a active chat and everything alike, I had a perfect FS years ago and I kind of miss the "weekly" who did best in tourney, who grew the most, etc. It just seems a bit hard to find that "ideal" and I'm not quite sure how to go about it either.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Go for the top. Really active players are actually super rare and more than half of the top 20 on any server would welcome any daily player who can get Gold spire, 1600 points, and do some visits.
If that's you, you basically have your pick.

Deleted User - 849327848

Ah, that would probably explain it. When I played years ago when ceravyn came out I was in a top 15 FS, everyone talked a lot, and there was always something going on. I suppose I'll have to stick around with a smaller FS until I grow a lot more, as nobody would ever take a small city more than likely

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Go for the top. Really active players are actually super rare and more than half of the top 20 on any server would welcome any daily player who can get Gold spire, 1600 points, and do some visits.
If that's you, you basically have your pick.
Of the things you mention, I think Gold Spire is by far the most difficult and resource intensive. Getting 1600 points in tournament is not hard at all under the current format for a daily player. I think there are tons of players who can do 1600 points in the tournament but who either can't make it to the top of the Spire or who would really struggle in doing so.

Iyapo1

I'll have to stick around with a smaller FS until I grow a lot more, as nobody would ever take a small city more than likely
This is not true! Some will not take you others will. I am with Soggy, go for the top. I recommend a different top....do not look at the FS Rankings leaderboard. Look at the spire/FA leaderboard and go for the top. The FS leaderboard is all about rank(playtime and advancement)....the other leaderboards are all about performance. They will want you if you hit the top of the spire and can get 1.6k in tournaments. Heck, most will be happy if you can kill the frog every week.

Deleted User - 849327848

This is not true! Some will not take you others will. I am with Soggy, go for the top. I recommend a different top....do not look at the FS Rankings leaderboard. Look at the spire/FA leaderboard and go for the top. The FS leaderboard is all about rank(playtime and advancement)....the other leaderboards are all about performance. They will want you if you hit the top of the spire and can get 1.6k in tournaments. Heck, most will be happy if you can kill the frog every week.
What chapter do you think I should really start looking? I'm thinking 4, because by then I should 100% be able to hit 1,600 tourney points, but I'm only barely mid chapter 2 right now and I hit around 732, and that's only because I didn't have more marble provinces explored. I will need to learn more about spire however, as its completely new to me.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@MaiSakuta You will advance quicker in a good fellowship. The rewards from good tournament performance every week really help develop your AWs more quickly. Better trade partners. Plus you will be able to ask the experienced members of the fellowship for advice and tips. In almost any good FS, the experienced players do not mind helping the new players.

Iyapo1

Search YouTube for "minmax gamer spire" and watch the three videos that fit your chapter/spire floor/playstyle(fight-cater). I give those vids all the credit for my spire success.

Start looking now. You are super active, you will be happier in a super active group and a super active group will be happy to cheer for you.

Of the things you mention, I think Gold Spire is by far the most difficult and resource intensive.
This is true.

Soleil Nightbloom

@MaiSakuta My fellowship is a growing fellowship on Harandar who is focused toward helping new players grow. We are very team oriented, very active and excited about the game. We like to do all the event ( spire, FA and tournament). We have been getting 8 chests and going for 9. We trade regularly, visit each other regularly and super friendly. I would love to bring you on board if you’re interested message me in-game :)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
What chapter do you think I should really start looking? I'm thinking 4, because by then I should 100% be able to hit 1,600 tourney points, but I'm only barely mid chapter 2 right now and I hit around 732, and that's only because I didn't have more marble provinces explored. I will need to learn more about spire however, as its completely new to me.
I'd expect some of the 'top performance FS's' like @Iyapo1 calls them would be willing to take you on now with your activity/interest level. Many of those FS will allow you some time to reach the required minimums and frequently they have lower requirements for lower chapter players who are interested in an active FS and are daily players. You can't even see the Spire until you hit Ch3 and they'll know that as well. I'd expect some leeway to be given from the time you get access to the Spire until you're expected to do Spire minimums as well. Also, there should be several players in those FS's who can provide good advice about different ways to approach the challenges you face. Players in various stages of the game with individual playstyles and you'll be able to take info from different sources and develop your own unique style. I know that either of the FS's I'm in (one is Silver Spire, the other Gold Spire and both are 10chest/wk) would welcome a chapter 2 player like yourself, but you're not in either of my worlds.
Just so you know: sometimes just because an FS looks 'full' doesn't mean there's not a place for you. You should in-game message the AM/Mages and describe what you're looking for; start a conversation with them. Turnover happens even with long-term FS's and recruiting is hard; pretty sure you'll find a group that will want what you'll bring to the FS.

jesikrey

So, I'm super curious about this. But how do you balance the importance of a FS for yourself? I feel bad for thinking about jumping between fellowships, but I'm also trying to find a place where I can stay forever, it's a bit hard though, for example

I want a FS that gets 10 chests(not to hard) but everyone helps, not just 4-6 people out of 24 that are the reason you get that chest. But I also want a active chat and everything alike, I had a perfect FS years ago and I kind of miss the "weekly" who did best in tourney, who grew the most, etc. It just seems a bit hard to find that "ideal" and I'm not quite sure how to go about it either.

Our fellowship is not top ranked but we do well in tournaments, 10 chest average. We have our push weeks for tourneys. We have smaller players that are starting and we help them grow. We are not pushy, we contribute what we can.
Spire is another story, is harder even for our top fellows so we are aiming for silver spire trophy just to see if we can get it.
I love our fellowship, although at times quiet, we are always looking out for each other when help is needed.
Is beautiful to see the progress we have made in a year since I started playing. We are ranking up and the best thing is that we have done it without feeling pressured.
Good luck finding your fit!

Vysanthea

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask my question. I, too, want to be in a 10 chest fellowship and participation in the Spire. I think I found what I am looking for. My question is... if I switch fellowships after a tourney has started will I be able to participate with the new fellowship.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Um
Has this changed? I missed seeing it if it did.
Tourney points earned in one fellowship leave when the player does, same as Spire. Tourney points do not transfer to the new fellowship but Spire points do.

Elf Emma

Lots of different rankings, so look for a fellowship that ranks well in your favorite part of the game.

I used Elven Stats to then look at whether there were any inactive players (they have a triangle next to their name) and the weekly update for progress of members. The fellowship I am in now is a great fit for me.

Play style changes over time so it is natural to want to make changes in fellowships as that occurs.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm confused now, too!
The 2 things I know:
1. Spire points remain in the FS if a player leaves before it ends. This is how some FS get more than the maximum points for all 25 members reaching the top and go above that total.
2. Tourney points leave the FS with a player if they leave before the end of the tourney. I know I've been in a position where we had to 'make up' the points when someone left near the end of a tourney to get the FS reward chest that had been marked 'complete' before the player left with those points.
What I don't know:
If a player had not completed the Spire before leaving the 1st FS, can they complete any remaining encounters in the new FS? If they can, do those encounter points count towards the new FS total points?
Do the individual tourney points remain with the player when they leave an FS before the end? If those individual tourney points do remain with the player, do they count toward the new FS total points towards chests if the player earns more tourney points in the new FS?

Kekune

It's been a long time since I did either of these things, but I'm fairly sure the answers are:
If a player had not completed the Spire before leaving the 1st FS, can they complete any remaining encounters in the new FS? If they can, do those encounter points count towards the new FS total points?
Yes and yes

Do the individual tourney points remain with the player when they leave an FS before the end? If those individual tourney points do remain with the player, do they count toward the new FS total points towards chests if the player earns more tourney points in the new FS?
No, the points no longer exist. If you join a new fellowship you can pick up where you left off (not round 1, but mid- tourney) and gain points for the new fellowship, but points previously gained are lost in the move.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yes and yes
Do the individual tourney points remain with the player when they leave an FS before the end?
Sorta. I tested this and when I left my FS mid-tournament all points were lost to the FS. When I rejoined all new points counted.
For my own personal score in the ranking all points counted

@kekuneninja'd