• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fights too hard? Help change that!!

DeletedUser4195

On chapter V now. Working my way through slowly. I'm facing having to conquer 25 more provinces before I can advance to chapter VI, but I seem to be able to win some battles, at heavy troop costs. I'll likely have to negotiate a fair bit when I can afford the resources.

.....maybe another video game that you can actually play?

I play Forge of Empires, that's how I ended up here playing Elvenar. If you like building, fighting and collecting resources, I'd suggest giving it a try. It helps if you get in a top guild, but that will take you time. It seems to me though, you have nothing but time, going by your comments on here. I'm in a top guild and we fight other guilds and do the guild expeditions all the time. Also, we're always chatting and communicating. It's NOTHING at all like Elvenar in that sense. I play on Fel Dranghyr world. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Thanks Breann. There is too much emphasis on fighting and taking things from other people in FoE. I have been hearing a lot about Civilization VI. Does anyone know if that game has a lot of plundering in it? I'm ok if I battle against a computer, that is cool. I just don't like the part when you take it from another player.

DeletedUser4195

taking things from other people in FoE
You don't have to battle anyone other than the computer if you don't want to. Looting another is a choice you make. I never go after other people, but some come after me. I am well defended and usually make them run for the hills. It was just a suggestion. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. :p

Civ 6 is awesome.

Buttrflwr

Does this mean we'll get to see you on TV on one of those prison shows? Buttrflwr skin searching prisoners...winking at the camera.... :p
Oh my gosh I hope not! I prefer to work behind the scenes. ;) :p :D I am actually going to be the Drug Treatment Counselor for the SAP (Substance Abuse Program) I couldn't be a CO, wouldn't want to. I'm actually a little (ok, maybe more than a little) apprehensive about working in the confines of the prison as it is. Claustrophobic and all that. It will definitely be a challenge, and much different from my previous work in a university setting, teaching people about astronomy at the city planetarium. :D :p

DeletedUser2855

Oki here posting here battles i had from 226-229 provinces in picture you see what i used and what enemy has. This is for crystal and planks provinces. You cant see how much enemy has but at some battles it was almost double my size :oops:. I missing 2 squad size upgrade from orcs. Basically even if enemy has 3 types of troops and they are archers your choice is limited because archers will go after your archer no matter if they are weak or strong against em its new battle AI :confused:. And You can chose only your strongest troops to go after enemy :rolleyes: had to catch enemy enchantress with trents so imagine that battle :eek:. Good thing i won them all on 1st try :p but loss is wonderful:mad::(

b3b53cc9dd6e4bc5bde368b0647c0179.jpg

0cb5c6a0247e46d599a35fc1b220ffe1.jpg
5ff3d6f03c4843cbbba1a35b4f5ce822.jpg

9d2c5a61740346b0b2cd43d141e53891.jpg

4ad20bfd50a74566940d538b6ba01cac.jpg
6ee00448d8f740249446f386c5dce8e9.jpg
b2ce6bfdb6ec436fb5592fb6640319f7.jpg
4f3058348c744c15baf9b405dfb92723.jpg
b1a4f6abec8044af9a0b40e841695488.jpg
07377a245e4745638590d913befd9ebe.jpg
7bc9ec938ffa4671aaf1a6b86faae561.jpg
87312e6721584fb4ab0f135b8c4bab5e.jpg
fd262e9c59924d80a8942f59de6be910.jpg
7135671ae0d144e4964f362cad55cf7c.jpg
75ca234245d64ebebb522876c70fa68f.jpg
7236e8c785ad44ecb630ae9e7c52e6b9.jpg
5375f985f8434615bd70c465e5c9c4bf.jpg
508126731f54454bab44c2c5e0da7740.jpg
75edd4af2bbb4cd3b8360dffc0515243.jpg
b1a4f6abec8044af9a0b40e841695488.jpg

DeletedUser4877

Sorry to say it's across the board for me, I can't win any fight what so ever. In all provinces with all types of units. Before the change I could win at least 60% of them now it's zero. Very disheartening to be forced to use resources for every encounter.

Arkadia

just started woodelves, completed 288 provinces, tried a few battles since the change, but couldn't win, negotiating is quite spendy :/
most of my battles facing 6+ squads
my current squad size is 1144

elvenar1.jpg

DeletedUser4774

I'm a newbie and scouted further than I should. Prior to the change, I won about 60% of the battles and negotiated the rest. Now, I can't even begin to compete. I've completed 45 provinces and need 50 for next expansion. I'm at the beginning of chapter 3 in the Arendyl world as an elf. Battle-wise I'm at a stand still. Any quest that involves winning an encounter, I decline. I don't stand a chance. I have 4 armories at level 6-7 and am constantly training sword dancers, archers, treants and golems. The tournaments I stand a chance at fighting, but I'm thinking I'm going to move on to another game since I won't be able to get anywhere in this one, anymore. I figure I'll give it one more week, but if it doesn't improve, I'll move on to other entertainment.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 9.36.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 9.36.32 PM.png
    381.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 9.48.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 9.48.21 PM.png
    252.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 9.48.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 9.48.59 PM.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 121

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I figure I'll give it one more week
Looks like your enemies are double your size.
The 3 squad size upgrades available in chapter 3 will give you another 72 for 162 squad size instead of 90--should even things out a bit...still seems a littel tougher than it should be. Maybe because the provinces you are fighting in were scouted before unlocking the advanced scouts tech. They really need a warning on that

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I've completed 45 provinces and need 50 for next expansion. I'm at the beginning of chapter 3 in the Arendyl world as an elf. Battle-wise I'm at a stand still.I am constantly training sword dancers, archers, treants and golems. The tournaments I stand a chance at fighting

Your in a transition phase between the old and new system. I was a bit ahead of where you are but similar and once I caught up the squad sizes and got sorceress my fortunes started to change. Having the full mix of troops helps particularly for provinces where the sorceress is the key unit. Your current squad size from those photos will get you killed so save your troops and once you get those squad sizes you will be better.

Sniped by Soggy :p

DeletedUser4024

Your in a transition phase between the old and new system. I was a bit ahead of where you are but similar and once I caught up the squad sizes and got sorceress my fortunes started to change. Having the full mix of troops helps particularly for provinces where the sorceress is the key unit. Your current squad size from those photos will get you killed so save your troops and once you get those squad sizes you will be better.

My sorceress will open up soon, I hope you are right. I'm naught but cannon fodder in most provinces I need to open up to hit my next chest. I had been told and hoped the second upgrade would help me win but I didn't see a significant change in my pattern of losing :confused:

DeletedUser

I too think the NPC squads are too over-powered compared to the player's squads. I am new to the game and at first I liked the battle system. I was able to conquer the first few provinces surrounding my new city but still have a challenge doing so. Those first few fights seemed balanced but now I cannot win any fights.

I am at the end of chapter 1 and working on my last technology before moving on to chapter 2. Squad size is 24 with two choices: the sword dancers or light archers. I have conquered 11 provinces and need 3 more before I can expand my small city.

The seemingly easiest fight option I have right now is a battle of 4 squads of mages with 9 units each. In the descriptions for both the sword dancers and light archers, it says they are supposed to be good against mages. Well, I tried this battle last night with 3 24 unit squads of sword dancers and 2 24 unit quads of light archers and was defeated. In the other relic battles, where the NPC unit types are mixed, the squad sizes range about 30 - 60 units each. Some have one single squad of 135 - 145 units. I've learned from experience those large squads can one shot my smaller squads.

So for now, back to slowly recruiting units for my army, building up goods for negotiations, and letting time pass for my KPs.

I have too tried FoE. In that game there are sometimes buildings players can obtain from events or from purchases that increase the attack and defense stats of the player army. Also there are special strong units obtained the same way. Perhaps we can get buildings or special units like that here for this game? I left FoE cause I got tired of the plundering. I am glad there is not that in this game.

DeletedUser2870

Chapter 9 (woodelves)
289 provinces conquered, about a good dozen more scouted but unable to win a fight
My squadsize : 1224 - enemy squadsize 3631

2 squads of elder treants (204/squad) to counter the 3 squads of mutated orc generals (605/squad)
1 budsorceress (306) to help against the heavy melee
2 granite golems (204/squad) to counter the light melee (one thief 3631/squad, 2 cruel old orcs (1816/squad)
(sorry if the names may be a bit faulty, had to translate back from the dutch names. I'm not that far on any other server yet)

But different combinations of units make no difference at all. I tried my elite archers vs the heavy melee, but they get slaughtered by the light melee units)
Tried to go all golems to finish the light melee first, but then they aren't able to stay out of reach of the heavy melee, so that quickly saw the end of them.
Sorceress may be some use against heavy melee, but her damage is minimal and she is easy prey for the light melee units.
Combo of sorceress and archers seems to be the way to stall being slaughtered, but it's only a matter of time and that combo has no real chance against the light melee units.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

My sorceress will open up soon, I hope you are right. I'm naught but cannon fodder in most provinces I need to open up to hit my next chest. I had been told and hoped the second upgrade would help me win but I didn't see a significant change in my pattern of losing :confused:

Better do it soon. The next update nerfs the sorcs yet again. Now their attack range has been decreased by 25%. https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-17.6401/