• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fights too hard? Help change that!!

DeletedUser2870

Better do it soon. The next update nerfs the sorcs yet again. Now their attack range has been decreased by 25%. https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-17.6401/

Gods I hope not. She has already was made so much weaker.
Please let Inno wake up and start adressing the combat issues before even further weakening my units. I'm really starting to wonder why I should spend any supplies on training units since they don't seem to be of much use anymore.

DeletedUser4778

Is there a protest/petition/outcry/anything against the nerfing of the sorceress? I will gladly join. Those are the only fights I can win with acceptable losses.

DeletedUser3040

I could still win fights, as well. You just lose a lot more troops. To the point where it really isn't worth it anymore to waste space and pop on those buildings. Have some armories for orcs, use the pop on factories to negotiate. As for me, I'm finally taking that vacation from the game that I'd been promising myself. Fighting didn't cause it. But it certainly didn't make the decision any tougher. I was kind of hoping they'd open a new world, and I could start over a few months from now.

imabum

I used to win battles all the time. Since the update I have won 1 battle, in a tournament. I have tried various combos and none have worked. Most of my troops die with 1 or 2 hits. This was my last fight. Period. Until they fix this lopsided battle system I will just sludge along picking up City Expansions in the knowledge tree. I will not buy anything to play a "free" game. When they tell me it's no longer free, I'll find another game to waste my time on. No biggy.....

Which troops you used and how many.

Axe Barbarian - squad size 114
Crossbowman - squad size 114
Priest - squad size 28
Paladin - squad size 19
Mortar - squad size 19

Which troops they had and how many.

Wild Archer - squad size - 378
Steinling - squad size - 95
Knight - squad size - 95
Cannoneer - squad size - 63

What chapter you are in and how many provinces you have had conquered.

Chapter 3 with 50 Provinces

What happened in the fight?

All my troops die within 3 rounds.

DeletedUser4365

Before the "upgrade", I was at least able to win some battles with strategy. Now this is what my battle looks like. Uh, yeah, I have a chance... NOT.
upload_2016-11-6_14-54-44.png

DeletedUser4778

Eeep, @suzlioness. I don't need to consult my Battle Sheet to know that fight is unwinnable. Sheer numbers alone. Yegads. My mental math is enough to know that can't be beat at your current squad size. I'd negotiate that if I could or wait for my tech to catch up which will be too long a wait for my patience.

Calenmir

I know I would negotiate - because my skills and strategy apparently suck... BUT you shouldn't be faced with that. Now I know that your ring and placement on the tech tree play into this, but still. Come on. It shouldn't be the only option. Increased enemy troop size and strength was always part of it, but the weights in their favor have made even thinking of battling very depressing. Facing odds and warriors well above you shouldn't be what you encounter. Warriors, strategy and a whole heck of a lot of hope and luck do factor into it all, or used to and I get that, but what they have done is reduced my entertainment and fun and even the challenge of fitting it all in AND occasionally playing warrior into nothing more than collecting coins and supplies. And that should NOT be the only thing available in a city building game that also offered battling as part of the game and a means to advancing. What is there to keep you here while you wait? Where is the fun? Isn't this supposed to be fun? Interesting? Exciting enough to keep you wanting to play? Frustration should ONLY EVER be part of the game when you can't find the right combination of warriors to battle an equal number and level of opposing enemies. Frustration should also only enter when you can't quiiiiiite fit that new building in. It's all about the challenge of it, but it should NEVER be stacked completely against you. And right now it is.

DeletedUser4024

Better do it soon. The next update nerfs the sorcs yet again. Now their attack range has been decreased by 25%. https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-17.6401/

The story of my life...ALWAYS a day late and a dollar short :(

As for my battles:

my squad size 90
enemy squad size (ranges from 130-190)

Sworddancer 2 (90)
Golem (15)
Treant (15)
Archer 2 (90)
cerberus (90)

Have tried different amounts and varieties of the above troops against:

Steinlings (40) 2X
Enchantress (40)
Cerebrus (160)
War Dog (160)

For some reason the enchantress suddenly appears to be able to rush forward and drop an entire squad in practically one swoop, or close to it. Steinlings are now apparently on steinlingroids and are crushing me most of the time. My sword dancers have been rendered mostly useless and my archers are usually halved before making a single shot! After losing sword dancers and archers or golems pretty quickly I usually surrender and negotiate which ends up costing me dearly in resources that have gone up significantly just to clear a province to attempt to make space to put down buildings I have already cleared in tech tree but have no space to put them in. The biggest frustration to me is depletion of troops so its beginning to seem like its pointless to have a barracks and armories that take up too much space, take too much time to train (more time now it seems) and cost too much in resources and they DON’T do the job.

Of course it could be I just suck at battles, which was my conclusion before I realized all of these changes were made :rolleyes: