• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Floral Awakening

Kadhrin

My rule has been that I spend diamonds on only one of my cities.
This time, I broke it. I was so freaking close to the ninth artifact that I cringed and paid diamonds to get it.
The fact that it was 2am when this happened was probably a contributing factor.
Unexpectedly, that put me over the line for the Silver league, as I found out when I logged in the next day to artifact #10.
Erm...what am I gonna do with that, when I have only one base?
The setup makes the artifact from silver league useless unless you go even farther -- diamonds or cash! -- to get the second base.
So either it's a dumb setup, or it's **intended** to get people to spend even more diamonds or cash to get far enough to grab that second base.

(I did put down a small pile of diamonds in the primary city to not just get base #2 but also ensure I stayed in Diamond league to get the extra artifact from there as well. I did some cost-benefit analysis and determined that it was more cost-efficient ~for me~ to do so, though others would likely find the math going the other way.)

Dew Spinner

My rule has been that I spend diamonds on only one of my cities.
This time, I broke it. I was so freaking close to the ninth artifact that I cringed and paid diamonds to get it.
The fact that it was 2am when this happened was probably a contributing factor.
Unexpectedly, that put me over the line for the Silver league, as I found out when I logged in the next day to artifact #10.
Erm...what am I gonna do with that, when I have only one base?
The setup makes the artifact from silver league useless unless you go even farther -- diamonds or cash! -- to get the second base.
So either it's a dumb setup, or it's **intended** to get people to spend even more diamonds or cash to get far enough to grab that second base.

(I did put down a small pile of diamonds in the primary city to not just get base #2 but also ensure I stayed in Diamond league to get the extra artifact from there as well. I did some cost-benefit analysis and determined that it was more cost-efficient ~for me~ to do so, though others would likely find the math going the other way.)
Elvenar is a business and needs to keep the lights on, Thanks for helping with that. Of course Inno is going to entice players to spend diamonds to get past the "pinch" point. All other games are the same way, you either make do with a lesser upgraded building or you pay to have it fully leveled, if you don't want to wait for the next upgrade to come along in whatever manner, Spire, MA or FA.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
The league cut offs are calculated based on players' scores, they are not set by Inno. The only thing set by Inno is the percentages but they don't know what players will do and where it will end up. And yes, it did ended up on an interesting spot.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
In the last four or five events, Silver league didn't even hit 260 or if it did, only just barely. It appears that the intention is that only 5% of the players complete the set/building. The others who finish all of the event quests receive 8 artifacts (or are missing 1 building in the set) which probably is seen as still being a pretty decent reward (you're still getting most of the benefits of the set/building).

Since this has been so consistent for a while I can only assume this is intentional. It would appear the intention is that earning the entire grand prize is seen as a crowning achievement that only the top scorers (and/or people willing to put down Diamonds/money) will accomplish.
These events are firmly inter-related with the Fellowship Adventures now. They adjusted prize payouts so that's it's now mostly the want it now crowd (those willing to spend diamonds/money) that will get to the 260+ area. The rest of us get as close as possible so the artifacts available in the next FA will get them the remaining artifact they need to complete the evolving building. You can still get it, just takes a little longer than it used to.
I don't think that events are designed to get all artifacts just out of completing all quests and using any strategy that we like. I've always had to make a decision before every event what is more important to me - daily prizes or main prize and then adjust my strategy that is usually different based on what I want. With right strategy and average luck, it's possible to get 9 artifacts and if we have bad luck that we can get one from FA or use free or paid diamonds.

There was a time where doing the event would give you all you needed to finish your building. PLUS an FA with 2 artifacts.
Then they started becoming less... only getting 7-8 artifacts in the event and NEEDING the two form the FA.
Sometimes now, we dont even get that!
Its been a steady downhill of the amount of artifacts we get. And more work to get what we do.

That being said, and imo, i think designing an event where a player that completes everything possible but is still not able to get the full main reward.... is a absolutely horrible design plan. And certainly makes me think less of the ppl working at inno.
Some argue that this is how they try to get ppl to spend a little bit more. Which may be true, obviously i dont have access to there earnings reports or anything... but it has the opposite effect on me. If they are going to purposely design something like that were you do everything but its not enough... then i have no inclination to spend a few to support that kind of behavior. And i wont. - A couple events ago i was literally short one single currency from my last artifact as the timer ticked to 0:00. Really the height of annoyance by this design... but if they think im going to pay them for doing that on purpose, then they are out of there mind. Not a change in hell. Back in the day i used to get a little bit here and there. But since they started doing crap like that... not one penny.

I agree with that sentiment. If I feel more and more of the changes to the game are designed to entice me to spend money, it has the opposite effect. I begin to regret the small amount of money I have spent and resolve to spend no more. That's my 2 cents. ;)

Moho

Chef
I agree with that sentiment.
I don't. I may be running parked cities, but my experience seems to be so different from that of other players. I do the Spire with ease (either by fighting or negotiating), the Tourney is never a problem for me, I find Pet Food and combat boosters in the MA regularly, the Spire gives me at least a DA per month in each city, there are no glitches in general, and I manage to obtain 9 artifacts during events. Occasionally (i.e. seldom) I don't, but the FA rewards will help me with the last one. It's not the ideal game for me, but it offers an interesting challenge while running quite well.

Tehya1

These events are firmly inter-related with the Fellowship Adventures now. They adjusted prize payouts so that's it's now mostly the want it now crowd (those willing to spend diamonds/money) that will get to the 260+ area. The rest of us get as close as possible so the artifacts available in the next FA will get them the remaining artifact they need to complete the evolving building. You can still get it, just takes a little longer than it used to.
I agree with this to a point. However, FAs following some events have tomes that give you a choice of artifacts, which means that, if you have all 9 of the ones from the most recent event, you can choose a different artifact. For example. We recently got the option to get a second witches hut. Last fall, I think I got all of the artifacts for whatever that spooky event bldg was, so I got to choose wh artifacts from the tome that I got in the fa. 2 tomes plus the ones I won in the spire got me to level 9 on my second wh because I didn't have to use one of them on that other witch whatever.

I don't sweat it when I don't get all of the artifacts in some events because they aren't events like the phoenixs, bears, or halloween.