• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FOE (forge of Empires) vs Elenar

• Thread starter DeletedUser21727
  • Start date

DeletedUser20539

I came to Elvenar from FOE. I played it for 2 years and hardly advanced at all. It was very hard to find a FS that was active and was willing to answer questions and help. I was so happy to find Elvenar 2 years ago and have loved it. Don't get me wrong, I'm a "FIGHTER" :p and loved that aspect of FOE. However, it lacked the companionship and willingness to help i have here at Elvenar It's a no-brainer. I'm here to stay people!!

The Unbeliever

the fighting is great but the art is so- so there's no upgrading buidling only building new ones that are more powerful resaerch is the same so is most sity mechanics i don't really see a difference but i havent gotten whatever tourney is and the event is locked because i havn't resaerched far enough. pretty much the same thing though.
1. Bronze Age is basically the tutorial stage - get out of it as quickly as you can.

2. First Iron Age tech you want to research is 'Architecture' which unlocks Great Building donation. (ie: can finally spend fp's on other players GB's)

3. TAKE. YOUR. TIME!!!
I can't stress this enough... Unlike Elvenar where there is no 'right' vs. 'wrong' way to advance, in FoE, it is absolutely critical that you *never* advance until your city is well and truly prepared.
For example, it's generally accepted that you don't want to unlock the 'Military Tactics' technology which unlocks the attacking/plundering mechanics, until *after* you've built & leveled your main 3 military GB's to Lv10. (Zeus + Cathedral of Achen + Castel del Monte)

Most new players who flounder and end up hating the game - namely the PvP aspect, do so because they just blindly race through unlocking techs & constantly pushing forward on the main campaign map. They thus end up with a crap city economy that barely functions, are mid/bottom of their nieghbourhoods & thus constantly getting plundered, have limited ability to do much of anything in events/Guild Expeditions/Battlegrounds and become too over-extended on the campaign/continent map...

FoE is a game where 'campers' prosper.
ie: sitting in each era as long as possible and simply making your GB's more powerful, gathering as many goods/special resources as possible, farming the weekly guild expeditions/battlegrounds, etc...

NightshadeCS

I played FOE for a bit of time, less than a year, I think. I was in a very helpful guild, but I didn't feel the same connection with those folks as I do with my fellowships here. It may have just been the flavor of that guild, or something that could have grown with more time.

The graphics here are what really made a difference. I just love "living" in this world. Everything over there seemed so BROWN in comparison. :p

I wish I had had good advice like what @The Unbeliever says above, though. Being well and truly ready for that PvP element would have been a major boon. Once that was unlocked, I rapidly lost interest. I just do not like logging in and seeing that I have lost goods to plunder.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Pleaaase just port over the fighting engine from FoE. Sooooo. much. faster.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I’m actually okay with the Elvenar terrain system. It is a lot more difficult than FoE’s terrains and potentially change things up significantly, but I can almost ignore the FoE terrains.

DeletedUser20539

I played in FoE for about a year before I came to Elvenar. In my opinion, it was "boring"! It took too long to build up my city. I never found a guild I felt at home in. I can go on and on. Like so many, I hated being plundered and would usually find an opportunity to "pay em back!" :cool: Evil grin
I have had a lot more fun in Elvenar. I love the graphics and all the critters so much. Most of all, I love my FS and the comradery we have.

The Unbeliever

I’m actually okay with the Elvenar terrain system. It is a lot more difficult than FoE’s terrains and potentially change things up significantly, but I can almost ignore the FoE terrains.
Our battle system here needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt from scratch...
Terrain especially is beyond dumb in this game, due to how often one side is simply 100% 'terrain screwed' into an auto-loss.

At least in FoE, I can rely on good troop selection & strategic play to win my battles.
In Elvenar, it's simply a case of "can my units even move anywhere at all?" due to how ALL terrain is simply impassible & the asinine layouts the RNG generates.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
There are two things I hate about the terrain. First, that there is so little of it. This means you have a very limited ability to set up the battle by using the terrain as a force multiplier. It is unrealistic to the extreme. I'd like to see at least two more rows around the entire battlefield and thus, we start out of range of anything and everything, as they enemy does. Second, I'd like to see a preview before I pick the troops. It would be so simple....bring up the MAP, and let me place my troops on the squared by selecting the square, then the troop. I don't need to see the enemies (fog of war idea), but it would be nice to see if by choosing melee who have to all exit from one gap at the bottom of the screen, I'm going to get completely defeated, before I choose melee.

Change those two things and the whole experience improves greatly, in my opinion.

AJ