• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forbidden Ruins Discussion Thread

Diellashana

I like the idea of setting a budget for myself. Has anyone actually calculated how much money minimum it would take to finish using the day two discount on sorcerors knowledge? $5-$10? In a month long event I find it resonable to support the game in this way. Can someone break this down a bit? What are the event milestones in dollars?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Everyone hated this and bitched about it, you can't keep holding this as the standard.

And the people who were not around then, and have no clue how much harder it was to get those three buildings, and then complain about not having an Easy button to just get everything, need to be shown that their view of what is hard is skewed. But yes, Inno seems to have messed up with this specific event for completing the set, making it harder than the Pilgrim set from last year, because unlike artifacts in FAs, they do not give a way to get the buildings after the event. But the last two years of events with evolving buildings, followed by an FA, have not been hard at all to max the building.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I don’t care what they did 5yrs ago. It also doesn’t matter if they want to make these events harder. I am complaining because they went out of their way to give us ridiculous meaningless assurances and won’t own up to the fact these events are progressively harder. It used to be you need to spend diamonds to make Silver and get the last piece. Now you’re not even assured a complete set in Silver. As it’s currently playing out, the most ardent 10% is not guaranteed anything. Therefore, the math is saying it’s now at less than 10%. So why make such silly statements at all? Like great, you guys went out of your way to ensure if we played daily for daily prize, picked up all the stuff off the floor, and did all the quests, our chance of winning the complete set is not 0%. Yeah, thanks. I would hope that’s the case. :rolleyes:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@crackie They are probably also doing something silly like assuming a player with only one city, so no decision for where the 100 bonus from the newsletter goes, and assuming the player has a level 10 Ashen Phoenix that they have to pet food to feed to it. Just those two are enough to cover half a grand prize, or around 10 staffs. They may also be dumb and including the purchase of the Stash Outpost, with it's one bonus SK per spawn, in their "everyone can do it", since collecting 20 spawns per day for 23 days is another 460 SK, or almost enough for a full grand prize. That is 1 1/2 grand prizes that cities started during/after the Ashen event almost a year ago will not get. Are those the only three things that only some cities will benefit from or am I missing something else?

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I just barely managed to hit 260 this morning to get the full set. I had to get quite lucky with winning back currency to do so: 380, then 200, then 280, then 30 (grouped by days when I won them), for a total of 890 scrolls won from beacons. I would have been nowhere near without that, considering I'll finish with only about 5 steps to spare.

Raccon

I guess inno likes cities full of unfinished building sets ;)
As for me, unfinished building = not worth the RRs to upgrade. Like my pilgrim's manor building set that's still stock in chapter 4 waiting to be replaced by a more recent unfinished building :)
In a way inno is saving me money by denying me the last piece no matter how aggressively I do the daily quests.
Not completing building sets don't bother me anymore, I treat them like culture buildings that you replace them with a newer one every couple of chapters.

Talaedraiia

Question. All the documentation I've found says the Sorcerer’s Feast building switches to mana? According to the upgrade tab on the app, only the Forbidden Ruins switches to mana. Is this true or does the Sorcerer’s Feast switch to mana in a chapter later than 9?

Update: the browser says the building switches production to mana at chapter 9. I'll open this as a bug.
My chapter 14 sorcerer’s feast gives mana

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I like the idea of setting a budget for myself. Has anyone actually calculated how much money minimum it would take to finish using the day two discount on sorcerors knowledge? $5-$10? In a month long event I find it resonable to support the game in this way. Can someone break this down a bit? What are the event milestones in dollars?

At the risk of getting crap for referring back to events 5 years ago and coming forward, I will attest to the fact that they have gotten easier. For multiple years I expected to spend $100 when I wanted the main prize & dailies. I was in the habit of swapping out entire collections. Now if I decide to really participate in an event I expect to spend $50. I do usually overshoot what is needed for the main prize but I also do not have to stress over whether or not I will have what I need to get what I want. Bottom line for me is whether to participate or skip and if I participate then it is worth it. Elvenar has to not only take in revenue but also make a profit and events are obviously a major source of in game revenue.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
i wanted to add a slight technicality of an issue, as i see it.

Many have mentioned before that having the quest of 'gain xx relics' or 'solve xx tourney encounters' as a final quest which happens to land on an off day for tourney... is an issue.
This round they had 'gain 20 relics' as the second to last quest on an off day tourney. With thie next day/final day being a monday with no tourney either.
So ill have to hope i get on in the 'extra hours' on tuesday before the event shuts down to finish that quest, and then do the final days quest and cash in all before event ends.

Dont get me wrong, i have no issue with those quests themselves at all. Only the timing. If they were the last quests AND it was during the tourney part of the week, then that wouldnt be an issue. BUT to have them as the last quests during OFF tourney days... .. just kinda sucks. - Im not proclaiming its impossible. Just highly inconvenient and annoying. More so if players are over scouted and cant use world maps for relics or encounters, and tourney is off... your options become limited to the randomness of MA and maybe neighborly help.

Just think the timing needs to be checked for the last quests and what day they land; on a little better.

Aritra

So ill have to hope i get on in the 'extra hours' on tuesday before the event shuts down to finish that quest, and then do the final days quest and cash in all before event ends.
just FYI, there are 26 (and change) hours left in event; tourney starts in a little less than 12 hours... so, at least there is that

BrinDarby

OK, Spent the bulk of my currency 2000-2500 each, across 3 worlds.....best 1 day so far.
9 dailies + 650 sk , 8 dailies + 620 sk , 8 dailies + 500 sk ....

SK left is ................... 573 , 731 , 647 .... respectfully.....
My cities are at ..... 220 , 240 , 220 .... respectfully.

You'd think I'd have it made in the shade......... Well , nope :rolleyes: not really....
In total I won ( so far ) +730 , +1410 , +800.....
As you can see, only 1 of the 3 will hit 260, the other 2 will cost me
2250:diamond: each. ( up untill today my main city had only won +80 sk. )

Usually Silver hits 280-300 and its scrape'n to see 260 ....... :eek:
pretty much on all worlds. If Inno can't reward 20% ( Bronze ) with
the satisfaction of doing all the tasks and getting the Set, then its
even worse by far, if Silver can't/doesn't even hit 260.

Tehya1

As you can see, only 1 of the 3 will hit 260, the other 2 will cost me
2250:diamond: each.
I don't have a stockpile of diamonds, and I can't afford to spend real money, so all I can do is hope they offer the damn sorcerers feast in the not too distant future somehow. The smallest flash sale package is 10 bucks for 400 sk, which is all I need in three cities. That is too steep. I understand that inno needs to make money, but 10 bucks for one pixel bldg is beyond ridiculous.

Oh well.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have to agree with those who are critical of the overall results of this event. On Elcy silver is only up to 255 this morning. I do hope they get a clue that if only 5% can achieve getting the entire set then something is really, really wrong! I would venture to say, based on my smaller city FS players, that a large portion of those in or near silver did spend some real $. I think that is beyond discouraging especially since the chances of getting that last piece of the set in the near future is very slim. I'm definitely booing Inno for the blatant disregard for player success in this event even including those who spent some :diamond: or $ :( It is a real shame since I enjoyed this event and the Sorcerers sets & buildings are definitely some of my top favorites.

Raccon

all I can do is hope they offer the damn sorcerers feast in the not too distant future somehow.
That's what I hoped for the last piece of pilgrim's manor building set last year. I was hoping to see it in the MA like the moonstone library set so I could complete the pilgrim's set which never happen.
Now, in current event there is a choice of getting one of the pieces of last year's building set if a player makes it to the gold league! In reality you're lucky to get the last piece of the current building set let alone the missing one from last year which is already 6 chapters old anyway.

Iyapo1

I have 3 cities. I got the entire set in 1 without spending diamonds. I had to spend 2k diamonds in 1 to get the last piece.
In my 3rd city I decided I really wanted the Pilgrim's pieces so I dropped 8k diamonds at the start of the event(and I am about to be pushed out of gold).