• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Game Rules or "Pushing"

DeletedUser3297

Here are my thoughts on this... This game is very similar to monopoly, you can play that for hours with your family and never be close to winning, most of us just get bored with it and move on. Kinda like here, there is nobody winning the game, even the #1 player in every world hasn't really won. There will always be things to do, always more money to collect and more go arounds 'round the board. It's never ending so even though there may be instances of people using push accounts to kinda cheat, it doesn't really go anywhere and doesn't matter either. I don't go look at anothers world and think "wow you paid a lot of money here and must be cheating to stay" who cares? They will be knocked off their totem pole with the next big spenders. For most of us, we will just keep doing what we always do, make more stuff, gain more stuff, build more stuff, but did we ever win???

DeletedUser3312

It would be really nice if people stopped being nasty to each other and cutting each other down. We all have our opinions and we all have feelings. and it is very easy to be nasty when you can do it from behind a computer screen. There is not reason we should fight amongst each other. There is no reason we should be nasty and cut each other down. We can disagree, but please let's do it as adults... mature adults. I enjoy different opinions, I don't always agree. but my viewpoints which I usually respond with are usually simply my opinion. So I suggest that we begin to chat in a more polite and positive manner. Being helpful and informative. thanks so much for understanding.

DeletedUser3312

I have mails from these same players saying that they are the same person... Made screenshots Reported it Inno says it is all okay to have multiple accounts in the same fellowship... Then is on the EN server..... But to me it is Cheating Pure and simple....

For me... (my opinion only, building dummy accounts to feed another "real" game account is unsportsman like. But... my opinion does not matter. If the game owner says, it's okay, than by all means... its okay. they make the rules, the develop and moderate the game, we play the game according to the rules and if those rules are not enforced, then it is not our concern. If other people do things that give them an advantage (fair or unfair in our minds) than so be it. I choose not to play this way. that is my choice. however, if Inno says others can play any way they want than that is those players choice. and as others have said.... it's none of my business. you skylark did what I would have done, submitted it to Inno. They said it was fine. so... It's fine. I would simply forget it and continue playing as it does not really affect me in the least.

DeletedUser3312

Okay. I don't have the energy to report you nor would I want to if I did. I am packing as the movers are coming a a few days. Sold my big house and moving to a tiny 1900 sq foot home (retirement) and trying to decide what to give up and what to keep. that is my focus. I come here just to shake it off. but.... no sir. I am not a loser, baby, or crying. I am sipping some nice single malt and typing here when I should be packing. Also, if I were crying, it would be because I have limited myself to only taking 40 pair of shoes to the new house. I have well over 150 including boots. and I have already filled 39 bags of clothes for the donation center and have several more to go as soon as I can decide which to let go and which to keep. that my friend, I cry over. prost!

DeletedUser3312

Oh my goodness, please send me your shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my sister has called me daily and has begged for some... so i put back about 10 pair for her so far. her hubby does not let her by good shoes so she raids my closet lol. I am a shoe ho. I have had over 300 pair before and then even I thought that was too many lol... had a spare bedroom turned into a shoe and purse closet. And if you every get the chance, go to New York to the houses and check out the samples. you can save almost $1.000 on an outfit!

DeletedUser1269

A lot of back and forth here.... My two cents, if someone is breaking the published rules, they should be reported. What Inno does is immaterial, we choose to play and they are the final say on what happens. You can live your life by a moral conscience or not, that is your choice. I choose morality.

DeletedUser3640

It seems that a lot have happened over night o_O ..... Cheaters are defending themselves (at least it looks like it) and people who are playing by the rules are against cheating. Best one was the guy asking for a proof w/o any reasoning behind his statements....that's something special, now I want devs to run the check even more, how can someone be so stubborn and ignorant.......or is that just a self-preservation...? :D

About family issues - main point was to check players who are receiving a lot of stuff without giving anything in return (or in minor quantities if we're talking about trading). It's hard to believe that you wouldn't help your kids or wife/husband in return. Of course, I can see that someone will now reply to this as follows: "I'm an awful person and a complete egotist, I make my family work for me and only me, I forbid them to help anyone except me, I don't even need them in my fellowship, so shut up OP or bring me some proof".

I'm not asking for perma-banning cheaters, simple notification that they got checked and are on the "radar" will make them stop in most cases. Anyone with family can easily prove that their family is playing as well, and most improtant thing, with such rule it's your duty to prove that your family is ''real", not game devs.

DeletedUser551

What's gotten into you people...

I won't lock the thread as of yet, seeing that you managed to get the conversation back on track, but personal insults will be punished accordingly. I understand that folks can have hard days, but please don't take your frustration out on the forums and on other players.

Also, for further notice, if you have proof that a player, or multiple players are breaking the rules, please submit a support ticket containing said proof so that the game team can take a look into it. Claiming to know a person is cheating and yet doing nothing on your end to resolve the situation is arguably worse than cheating yourself.

DeletedUser188

So I ask the accuser to give us proof and instead he claims that I am cheating because I am defending the cheaters
This has to be the worst thread anyone has started
Go ahead and check my account
I only play on one world in the US server and I have an account on beta
@ Synesthesia you would do us all a favor by closing this thread it serves no real purpose
@ Reiq I have ignored you so don't even bother responding

DeletedUser68

I'll start by noting that it's pretty hard to "cheat" in Elvenar. Unbalanced trades and Unrequited knowledge point contributions are about it. While the Terms & Conditions at the bottom of the Login Page still ban multiple account per world, the local Elvenar rules carefully avoid any prohibition regarding multiple account, so the real issue is Pushing.

I don't really care if somebody stands on their head and whistles Dixie in order to "win" but I care a LOT about game balance. The developer have spreadsheets like you would not believe that they depend on for "game balance" by which we merely mean a game that provides interesting challenges and rewards that are commiserate with your efforts.
MISSION: GAMING ENJOYMENT!
The InnoGames development team is dedicated to giving players the best possible gaming experience. Long-term gaming enjoyment, technical advances, and high-end graphics are the priority at InnoGames. The opinions of the players of our online games are incredibly important to us and the InnoGames team is always happy to get feedback.
- https://www.innogames.com/
Your vision of "Gaming Enjoyment" is unlikely to exactly match InnoGames' vision, but they ARE the experts and they have an entire zoo of analytical tools that are used to find out what folks are "really enjoying."
In one case, the names of the two accounts were so similar, it was like they weren't even trying to hide it from Inno. This is definitely a Thing That Happens, and it would be great if there were a way to police it fairly.
Two accounts isn't really the issue. I have several accounts that I use for various experiments, and they're all standalone accounts/cities. Fudging the "Gaming Enjoyment" balance is just cheating yourself.
What exactly is a "routine unbalanced resource transfer" anyway? If someone from my fellowship is constantly putting up three star trades because they have more resources than they know what to do with, is that a routine unbalanced resource transfer? Will you ban them because they want to get rid of their resources, even though they're posting evil unbalanced trades?
Yes. Control Freaks are the worst sort of aggressors, and they drive everybody crazy. And they're "so shocked" when you tell them to butt out.

If you truly have THAT many excess resources, then the developers can and should plug the hole.
  • Advanced Scouting chests prevent folks from overwhelming the opposing armies
  • Chapter VIII Orcs, and hopefully a yet to be implemented similar restriction in earlier chapters, prevent folks from negotiating sectors that would be otherwise impossible to acquire
Am I not allowed to donate KP to their wonder because it's my alt city
You'll get nailed if you're blatant about contributing 24 "extra" points per day from a minimally developed city, if the favor is never returned. That's the very definition of Pushing.
I suggest that we begin to chat in a more polite and positive manner. Being helpful and informative. thanks so much for understanding.
Grrrr - Syrupy conversations drive me crazy. Engineers are prone to tromping on other people's feeling when "the facts" are being ignored, while the other 95% of the population is prone to tromping on the facts when other people's feelings are at risk.
If other people do things that give them an advantage (fair or unfair in our minds) than so be it.
Actually not. If somebody has discovered how to distort the game balance that the developers have in mind, and on their spreadsheets, the developers should plug the hole. Skill + Effort should be rewarded. That said, I'm totally OK with somebody demonstrating that the game ALLOWS wormholes, so long as they don't fuss when the developers saw off the limb "somebody" is sitting on.
I have well over 150 including boots. and I have already filled 39 bags of clothes for the donation center and have several more to go as soon as I can decide which to let go and which to keep.
We all have our weak points. :p For me the important question isn't that you "have" them, but rather if you "use" them.
You can live your life by a moral conscience or not, that is your choice. I choose morality.
So did Osama bin Laden. And Torquemada. I would refer you to http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/deacon.htm. Folks who wish to impose their own morality are just another variant on Control Freaks.
It's hard to believe that you wouldn't help your kids or wife/husband in return.
How about if it turns out that they're not interested, but you keep bugging them about logging in and contributing points. Families have Control Freaks too.
Claiming to know a person is cheating and yet doing nothing on your end to resolve the situation is arguably worse than cheating yourself.
Ummmm - not quite. Why should I be obliged to waste my time worrying about somebody who is depriving THEMSELVES of "Gaming Enjoyment?"

Just to be quite clear - there's a very fuzzy line between "cheating" and "turning the game inside out."
  1. Here's a way to beat the game.
  2. Here's a weakness in the game design, that needs to be corrected.
If you can quite clearly demonstrate that you're trying to IMPROVE the game, for future players, we'll cut you a LOT of slack.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3640

Unbalanced trades and Unrequited knowledge point contributions are about it.

"are about it" - nice, because goods and KP are the least important things in the game. Wait a second, that sounds wrong.

You'll get nailed if you're blatant about contributing 24 "extra" points per day from a minimally developed city, if the favor is never returned. That's the very definition of Pushing.

Just a few got the point.

How about if it turns out that they're not interested, but you keep bugging them about logging in and contributing points. Families have Control Freaks too.

If they are not interested, they are not really "playing", and still fall under pushing prohibition rule. Common sense (because, you know, one city is getting "unfair advantage").

DeletedUser3312

Grrrr - Syrupy conversations drive me crazy. Engineers are prone to tromping on other people's feeling when "the facts" are being ignored, while the other 95% of the population is prone to tromping on the facts when other people's feelings are at risk.

Smiles, 2 of my brothers are engineers. Guess why I don't fight like a girl!!! smiles

We all have our weak points. :p For me the important question isn't that you "have" them, but rather if you "use" them.

as a matter of fact I do wear all my boots and shoes. and it's not a weakness, lol lol... it's passion!

Thanks for the post. I know you were making serious points, bless your heart, but I got some chuckles from it as well!

DeletedUser511

I would hope they are policing this to keep it from happening. It seems like a form of cheating to me and needs to be stop and prevented.