• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Generic Evolve Artifacts

Qvant

Specifically targeted Evolve artifacts punish less advanced players, as they will never be able to get their best building(s) past level 2 or 3 or so. Making all Evolve Artifacts universally applicable to all evolvable buildings gives real incentive to play quests, including those in which we would otherwise have little interest.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Specifically targeted Evolve artifacts punish less advanced players, as they will never be able to get their best building(s) past level 2 or 3 or so
That's simply not true. Events are not easier for more advanced players. They are a little easier for experienced players, who understand how the vents generally work and plan for them, but my Chapter four city had no more trouble finishing the event than my chapter fifteen city.

DeletedUser7052

Great idea!! I have saved all the ones I've earned hoping for a way to trade ones we don't need for ones we do--seems a shame to just disenchant them since they were so hard to earn.

Palavyn

That's simply not true. Events are not easier for more advanced players. They are a little easier for experienced players, who understand how the vents generally work and plan for them, but my Chapter four city had no more trouble finishing the event than my chapter fifteen city.
This is true. But I wonder if the Qvant could be referring to the fact that less advanced players hadn't started playing until AFTER the Phoenix buildings event. The Fire Phoenix is overpowering and I wish there were a path to fully evolve it.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Do you care to elaborate a bit more? I can see this being abused fairly easily :)
I do not know about you, but I will save up all the universal artifacts I can put my hands on and power evolve any evolving buildings I find to be simply amazing. In that sense, it will defeat the purpose of events would it not? Many do play the events simply to get artifacts for buildings :)

I look forward to the response!

Risen Malchiah

Rather than making all artifacts universal, I'd be more in favor of some sort of exchange system, even if it's something like 5:1 or even 10:1. Or if each event had 1 single universal artifact obtainable as the 10th artifact in the grand prize queue, it could encourage players to participate even in events they don't have an interest in.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Rather than making all artifacts universal, I'd be more in favor of some sort of exchange system, even if it's something like 5:1 or even 10:1. Or if each event had 1 single universal artifact obtainable as the 10th artifact in the grand prize queue, it could encourage players to participate even in events they don't have an interest in.

How about in addition to the specific artifacts, adding a universal artifact to the game that requires a number equal to the current level of the building to evolve it? In other words, evolving a building from level 3 to level 4 would require 3 universal artifacts and evolving from level 9 to level 10 would require 9 universal artifacts. That would take 45 universal artifacts total to, for example, level a Phoenix from 1 to 10. There would need to be sources for these outside of the big events or a higher level building would never get maxed out, but this would also cut way down on the ability to abuse this by leveling up a new building without playing the event for that building.

Daiman Rahl

I find it interesting that you can create artifacts in your Magic Academy but cannot evolve them. what is the purpose of creating them in the first place.
Why not just use the creations to evolve the buildings. each time you create the artifact it evolves a level. that way there is no abuse of a generic artifact.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Currently, you cannot create artifacts in your Magic Academy. What you can do is create previous evolving buildings at level one.
The point is why do we have these recipes available in the magic academy if the only way to get artifacts after the event and associated FA are completed is to wait for a Black Friday sale that only includes artifacts for the popular buildings? The magic academy is filling up with recipes over time which do not have a use beyond clutter. I understand that the team wishes the artifacts to be rare, but too many evolving buildings are being offered to allow for an accrual of enough artifacts to warrant the crafting of the evolving building.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
The point is why do we have these recipes available in the magic academy if the only way to get artifacts after the event and associated FA are completed is to wait for a Black Friday sale that only includes artifacts for the popular buildings? The magic academy is filling up with recipes over time which do not have a use beyond clutter. I understand that the team wishes the artifacts to be rare, but too many evolving buildings are being offered to allow for an accrual of enough artifacts to warrant the crafting of the evolving building.

I personally have a decent count of artifacts with the evolve building sitting in my inventory because I still have not decided if I will like to place it or not. With the introduction of the new chapter, I have replaced three of them to the new chapter without spending precious currency to evolve them :) Some users do utilize them as intended.

With that being said, use this thread for the purpose: formulate a presentable idea that can be taken to the developers for implementation. Questioning why you have to do something will not serve any purpose in enhancing this idea. There is already a process in place, the Magic Academy gives you the opportunity to make evolving buildings you do not have an artifact for....what suggestion do you have in changing that?

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
I personally have a decent count of artifacts with the evolve building sitting in my inventory because I still have not decided if I will like to place it or not. With the introduction of the new chapter, I have replaced three of them to the new chapter without spending precious currency to involve them :) Some users do utilize them as intended.

I have also done this with two of the bears, holding off till the Elvenar chapter to disenchant and recraft them. While this feature is nice in saving RRs, I'm not sure it warrants a spot in the crafting cycle that newcomers cannot take advantage of.

With that being said, use this thread for the purpose: formulate a presentable idea that can be taken to the developers for implementation. Questioning why you have to do something will not serve any purpose in enhancing this idea. There is already a process in place, the Magic Academy gives you the opportunity to make evolving buildings you do not have an artifact for....what suggestion do you have in changing that?

I was flushing out @Daiman Rahl's point. For suggestions I have plenty found in this poll.

Last edited:

Dadnaz

Hello all,

This is my opinion about the artifacts for evolving buildings.
I don't see universal artifacts as a good option, since they may disrupt new event buildings. Everyone will probably only use old artifacts they have in inventory.
The idea of artifact exchange is great, but I don't see it happening in a 1:1 rate. Maybe it will cost fragments or other type of coin plus a piece of artifact to get a new one.
A thing one of the best things we have right now is crafting, I think Inno should improve it. Crafting has the power to recycle any old thing you have in your inventory into a new one.
Ways to improve it are:
Make more than one type of currency when you disenchant something, instead of only fragments you may get another type of premium good when you disenchant things that worth more, like event buildings.
We may have an event only based on crafting that could happen from time to time and give you the option to get more valuable stuff only during a period of time. We could change fragments into (special event coin) and use this to get new buildings just like the regular events.
I would like different types of events too, One event may give an evolving building and the next a set.

Thanks,
Dadnaz

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I feel like universal artifacts are going to be a hard no from the development team. There's too much possibility of unrestrained power creep, and the game thrives on variety. If every single city can have the two or three best evolving buildings, then eventually they will.

I do think that there needs to a path, preferably a difficult path, to doing that. A player who really, really wants to have a particular building fully evolved should be able to do that, but it should take them a lot of effort, and/or a long time. Something like "phoenix (or bear, or mermaid etc.) artifact shards" in the academy, that cost 10 catalysts each and you need ten of them to make a full artifact. So a single evolve artifact costs 100 catalysts and a fully evolved building costs 1000 catalysts. Then artifact shards could also appear as a prize in events, With some daily prizes (or an option in one of the chests) being one, or two artifact shards (maybe at random). Thus making them very hard to accumulate enough of (since you need 100 the same to make a fully evolved building), but not impossible. It gives players agency in how hard they want to work for it, without denying it outright.

Risen Malchiah

Make more than one type of currency when you disenchant something, instead of only fragments you may get another type of premium good when you disenchant things that worth more, like event buildings.
Good idea. Perhaps disenchanting artifacts could yield something other than spell fragments and a certain number of artifact pieces could be used to craft a universal artifact. The cost and rarity can still be controlled by Inno but it allows at least some potential for a newer player to advance an older event building.

This idea could be expanded to other things, like disenchanting a magic building could produce a blueprint. (For the rare player who might win a magic building in the Spire but has no interest in placing it for some reason.)

DeletedUser21469

I like that idea. Give us a chance to make the evolving artifacts but make it hard and/or expensive. Give us SOME way to do it, don't just leave them stranded. Dadnaz's idea has merit and making disenchanting a part of it also makes sense. Make pieces of them part of the awards of tournament levels. Or make them one of the prizes in the spire. Although, I hate to mention the last because I've yet to get farther than a few steps into the second level