• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Get Rid of Tiny Time Reduction Instants

DeletedUser5800

Seriously, I can't believe someone even bothered to code 1 min. and 3 min. time reduction instants. It's insulting, like leaving a penny for a tip at a restaurant. It would be better to have nothing than be blatantly insulted. SO... I suggest 5 min. be the smallest, at least longer than it takes to open the thing and use the thing. ;)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I thought these were a joke at first too, but I actually really like them.
They're perfect for finishing an upgrade before I leave the house or go to bed. I also use them for building a level 1 factory immediately.
If your playstyle is to have Elvenar open in a tab while you do other things then they aren't very useful, but if you just come in for a quick login they can be pretty handy.

DeletedUser2870

The few minutes things are pretty useless to me overall. But sometimes during events they can come in handy, when one gets the quests like 'upgrade x number of buildings to lv 2, or lvl 4'
Those upgrade times are short enough to benefit from smaller time reductions, so they have some use.
Actually, I don't much use the large ones either, though I must say the 14 hour reduction came in handy with upgrading an AW. But even then its more convenience than anything else.

DeletedUser5800

Just because you don't value something doesn't mean it's worthless to others.
In a broad sense I'll agree with that but here I do equate it to the penny, if people would stop over glorifying them we could just have nickels that would do the same job while being less annoying. I personally think less than an hour is worthless but less than 5 minutes I consider insulting and completely pointless by any measurement so that is where I drew the line here.
This is why I throw pennies in the trash! :cool:

DeletedUser5800

please just send them to me instead.
Sometimes I throw them in the parking lot at the store on senior day because... irony. :D
upload_2017-10-21_12-51-34.png

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
If I'm not mistaken, sixty 1 minute instants are equal to an hour instant. Thus, since you get a lot more precision when you use 1 minute instants they are, in some ways, worth more than the larger ones because you can customize your application of the instants to use only what you actually need to finish the project. It's sort of like the really small buildings you can place anywhere -- annoying but the fit anywhere and that increases their usefulness.

AJ

DeletedUser5521

I like them too. Last week I was able to use a combo of my little dudes to open up 3 provs for the tourney that didn't get reset before the end of the tourney on Saturday, and it helped us get another chest. It's like having a jar of coins on a shelf. Sometimes they come in very handy ;)

DeletedUser8946

I love 'em. When you have to go NOW, but there's still 11 minutes left in all your timers, having 12 or 5 minute shorteners help. I wish we had 'em a lot sooner. (Although we got TONNNNS of tiny ones during this Halloween event)

DeletedUser5800

5 minute shorteners help
I'll agree with 5 min.+... it's the mostly the 1 min. that just really gets on my nerves to no end. I did use them just so I wouldn't have to look at them but good grief are they annoying. Instead of 5x 1 min, it just seems like 1x 5 min. would make so much more since and not be a penny in a glass of water for a tip insulting. :eek:
To each their own though, I guess. I'll just use them all as soon as I get them on nothing that matters just like I throw pennys in the trash. :D

DeletedUser8946

I don't actively trash 'em. I just lose them and never bother going looking for them. Same with 1 minute instants. i'm not going to burn them on something I could use a 15 minute one instead. But if I need a couple, awesome. If not, they'll collect dust.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Do other people have a lot of one minute instants floating around? I don't think I've used any recently, and the shortest I've got is three minutes

DeletedUser5800

Throwing away money is not very smart
It is if it's pennies! We should all throw them away, one less useless thing slowing down society and costing more money than they are worth to make and move around... It's an age issue really, the older people are the more they tend to nostalgically support the penny with no actual logic to back up their feeling. There are several really good reasons to abolish the penny, the counterpoints basically add up to, 'But I like them because they used to be worth having.' :rolleyes:

DeletedUser8946

@Lord Draconian I do believe there's the issue of 'change'. If your change has a .04 or .03, it would be considered 'theft' to keep that, because you didn't have pennies. Personally, I think either party will survive without that 3 cents.