• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Get Rid of Tiny Time Reduction Instants

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Lord Draconian I do believe there's the issue of 'change'. If your change has a .04 or .03, it would be considered 'theft' to keep that, because you didn't have pennies.
Actually, this is a bit of a fallacy. Almost nothing we buy works out to an even cent once taxes are applied. All transactions are currently rounded off to the nearest penny, without the penny, they'd just be rounded off to the nearest nickel, no theft involved. From 1793 to 1857 the U.S. minted half-penny coins, and when they retired them, there were no laws broken.

DeletedUser11644

just curious L.D. ..... are you a waiter? i never tip pennies unless it is a pile of change i also leave with the regular tip. i even tip convenience stop folk, check out folk at the market, and even folks at the drive-in windows, both the money taker window and the pick-up window.....yes. a 2 dollar drink and sandwich order costs me between 4 and 6 dollars. why? i was dirt poor, WAY below the poverty line for all my childhood, and for 54 after birth, and i used to daydream about being wealthy, so wealthy that i could give everyone i come into contact with a dollar or two (i guess i got it from my grandpa, he kept a half-dozen or so packs of chewing gum in his overall"s bib pocket, and EVERYONE he came into contact was offered a piece of gum, take another for you brother, or your wife, or a piece for each of your kids.) at 54 i kinda realized it was VERY late in life to accumulate enough coin to do what i would do if i were rich, so i just started doing it anyway, give away my last dollar if i only had one. get rung up in checkout, and tell the clerk to add the next person in lines tab to mine, or tell the clerk to add my purchases to the one in front of me before they have a chance to pay. makes some folks uncomfortable, and look at me like i am trying to steal their sunglasses, but i don't care, i am selfish, this is for me, not them, it has nothing to with them or who they are, it is all about me, because i have discovered....... that i no longer ever EVER do without anything i need, and never without anythingi even just want and don't actually need. i am 60 yrs old now, and feel fabtabulously rich inside my head, and at peace. i can retire in a few years from minimum wage, and life will be even better.
but i remember the days of looking out for pennies, trying to collect enough for a loaf bread or pack of crackers, and the joy at finding a penny in the parking lot. if you can afford a pc or cell or tab, and afford hosting or bandwidth to actually be here, playing this game, then any such thrill over a penny is FAR far away. but when ya pass out dollars, you can tell from the reactions that there are still a LOT of people out there who still count every penny because they HAVE to, to "get by", because they have not yet learned what i have about money---if ya want there to be an endless supply, ya gotta act like there is. :)
sorry for rambling so....

DeletedUser5800

just curious L.D. ..... are you a waiter?
Nope, but my mother was when I was young (and so was she actually), I've heard this story my whole life about somebody ordering a glass of water right at the end of the meal, putting a penny in it, putting the place mat over it (pizza hut early 80's), flipping it upside down, pulling the mat out and leaving it upside down in the middle of the table with a penny in it. She came to clean up the table, picked up the glass and the rest of the story tells itself. Anyway, that came to mind when I started the thread, it felt comparable to me. ;)
As for people that really need those pennies, they would be better off with a nickel... and just because you mentioned it, I've lived my entire life avoiding money as much as possible, if ever I happen to have some I try to get rid of it quick. :D Many a time I've put my last dollar in the Salvation Army bucket without a care in the world as to if I would ever have another one, but pennies are just a waste of resources at this point by any math and under 5 min. instants are still insulting, even if I have 45 of them! But if people want to shoot for the bottom, who am I to stand in there way. All this thread is missing is someone saying they would love to get a penny for a tip and be happy to have it. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

To those of you who have never been so low in your lives that you haven't had to literally save every penny just to buy a few packs of ramen noodles until payday, you'll never know how fortunate you've been. No denomination of money is worthless if it feeds you.

DeletedUser5800

To those of you who have never been so low in your lives that you haven't had to literally save every penny just to buy a few packs of ramen noodles until payday, you'll never know how fortunate you've been. No denomination of money is worthless if it feeds you.

I agree, though I would say with the money saved on producing and transporting pennies the gov. could literally fund a free ramen for all program. :D

DeletedUser12423

Well said, and I'm pretty sure many people can relate. I know I've been there. As far as the tiny boosters, I see them as a tool for new players. I don't see how they would help the veteran players much, with construction and production times so great.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I've worked service jobs relying on tips (bartender years ago) and for about 3 years in my early 50's I waited tables and kept us afloat when my husband was unable to help financially for medical reasons. I have a healthy respect for all denominations as they fed both of us and our daughter for awhile. But, I'd still like to see the penny disappear. Really, I wouldn't care if everything was priced to the nearest dollar. Change is heavy, bulky, and requires more work (counting, sorting, and rolling to put them in the bank). So if you add that wasted time/energy to the cost of producing the penny to start with...

As far as the tiny boosters, I see them as a tool for new players. I don't see how they would help the veteran players much, with construction and production times so great.

I'm not really a veteran, but I'm in fairies. And I'm old and I like my sleep. I use them to avoid wasting the larger ones: If I want to finish/reset production instead of waiting another 22 minutes to go to bed, 1 15min, 1 5min, & 2 1min and I've got 'exact change'. It would have only been a loss of 8 to use a 30min, or loss of 3 to use a 15min and a 10min but still. I can't see me giving a cashier $25 for a $22 item and not expecting to ever see my $3 again.

DeletedUser8946

This post died out awhile ago, but I thought this was relevant to this conversation of old.