• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Glass Half Full Not Half Empty

Gath Of Baal

With all the recent changes, that have everyone's tempers flaring and only negative things being said about the creators and developers of this game, lets try and show some support by letting them know what we actually like about the game or what made us play the game in the first place..
People who get criticized all the time tend to stop listening because they just get tired of all the criticism. If you also insert the good with the bad, it takes a little of the sting away..

PLEASE do not turn this into another one of the hundreds of negative threads out there already.

I joined this game because I love the city build aspect and I love fantasy and I love to game, when you mix them all together its just icing on the cake for me... I also love the fact that this game is visually stunning and that most of the buildings you can make are animated.. I like the fact that I can talk to others in my fellowships and get to know people.. I like the concept of fellowship play... I like the fact that I was addicted to the game the moment I started playing it way back..

So I would like to say to them, thank you for these things

Last edited:

DeletedUser4359

I agree with you, I also enjoy the city building and the "Team" play without the PvP play that so many of these games add in. I always find that when I start the games that have that PvP element, lose interest in game a lot faster, in fact, I have been playing this game longer then most of those.

I like the new tourney rules because it's a team effort, it shows how many of the members of our fellowships are team members in more then name only.

I joined the game because my Sister asked me to, and while I have only been playing a few months, I still enjoy it.

DeletedUser3942

I love the stunning graphics and that they put thought into a storyline.
I like the fellowship part of it and enjoy playing along with others without having to compete. I like that you can get extras with a little team effort.
I love that it is not yet another game where battles are dominating and that I can choose to go either way.
I love that the game challenges me in many aspects like limited space or changing orientation and size of buildings - I like that!
I like that the devs have interest in developing the game further and further and are adding new content ...

I enjoy playing this game!

DeletedUser1901

@Gath Of Baal thank you for this post , I think that you are on point that the devs need to hear what we love about this game!
  • In my opinion this is one of the most beautiful games that are on the internet, visually stunning graphics! The graphics are what brought me to this game!
  • I love that we are not fighting against each other but there is a flair of competition with the team tournaments and ranking system.
  • I love city building! :D
  • I love the changes that each guest race brings and the complex challenges that come with them.
  • I love the fellowships and that I can also visit/help other cities.

dikke ikke

I like the nice graphics
I like the fact that my city can not be attacked/destroyed by others
I like the challenges
- not being able to turn buildings
- shortage of space all the time
- the fights in the provinces and even more in the tournament.
- constantly trying to find the right balance to spend supplies on troops, goods, upgrades
- and latest the more expensive trader, that is a challenge that will change the way I play

I guess most complainers are used to play the game in a certain way and if they can not do it anymore due to a upgrades they get furious

DeletedUser4778

I like some of the graphics.
Like some have said, I like that my city cannot be attacked/destroyed by others. I play other games for that but I deliberately looked for a non-competitive game so I wouldn't get addicted and this filled that requirement (I don't view rank as something to be competitive about).
I like some of the challenges. There are some I don't like but I like figuring out solutions or more efficient ways of doing something.
I like learning about other people's perspectives. I may not agree with them, but I like seeing different points of view.

WolfSinger

I came to game because of the lack of a PvP aspect - I wanted something where I could build my city in peace and not have to worry about being attacked by other players - and that's what I love most about Elvenar.

The graphics are wonderful

The challenge of the guest races and finding ways to optimize and grow my city are the parts I love the most.

DeletedUser4778

I almost forgot: Most of all I like that there is some hope for humanity with intelligent, generous, helpful, and positive people like @Mykan, @SoggyShorts, @varron, @Sir Squirrel, @Thistleknot, @Iyapo, @Elmoonwen, @PixiBird, and yourself, @Gath Of Baal. I'm not normally fond of people and, even less, interacting with them, so this is saying a lot.

I also like how Support has always given me honest answers, even when they're answers I don't like because I'd rather be told the honest truth than a beautiful lie. I believe that they're doing the best they can despite the lack of tools and information that I think they're given. I've been in their shoes with different companies and I know how hard and oftentimes thankless it can be so thank you, Support, especially @Areane and @Aider and others whose names escape me at the moment (sorry, just got back from drinks out with friends).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6532

I like the expression of artistic individuality that I see in my friends and neighbors cities. I like expressing my own in my city. I like helping my neighbors and my fellowship. I enjoy the silly quests and events.

There is much to dislike right now sand I will continue to voice my opinion about those things respectfully. But it is nice to voice what I like as well.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
This is a great thread thanks for posting it @Gath Of Baal !! I too like the graphics and animation, the challenge of space, timing, and balance.
I like that you help your neighbors and not crush them. I like the quest events and even enjoy fighting a few battles here and there.
What I like most of all is the great people I have met here, both in my fellowship and here on the forums (to many to mention), and that this game allows me to help others and constantly meet new players! So thanks for that INNO.
Thanks @Draconomicon for the compliment and I totally agree with your post there!

Last edited:

Gath Of Baal

It is always great to hear good things, with so much negativity going around these past few updates, I'm pretty sure if any higher ups would read this they would see some of the reasons the players love their game and hopefully learn what the players actually want and like. And maybe in the process start heading in the direction that made people want to play the game in the first place

Last edited:

DeletedUser3821

I love the beautiful buildings and (don't laugh too hard or you'll pee your pants) when I'm in need of distraction from 'real life', I'll "visit" a building, say the Magic Academy, and imagine what it looks like inside and on the balconies. It's like the visual part of a good fantasy novel brought to life, well...almost. I have an overactive imagination, I suppose, but the game lets me escape for awhile. Oh, and to echo someone above me, I do appreciate not getting my arse kicked in pvp fighting. :cool:

Gath Of Baal

There is much to dislike right now sand I will continue to voice my opinion about those things respectfully. But it is nice to voice what I like as well.

I agree, you can be angry at someone or something but still like or love it or them... children, parents, friends, siblings, work, and games, and you should be able to find something good to say about them even when you are angry

EarthbornIcarus

Love: the beautiful graphics & background
Love: the Fellowship: banter, help, advise, fun, meet new peeps
Love: Relaxing and planning , building a city My way with lots of culture
Love: being able to EARN points, buildings, levels, quests
Love: Treasures! XO! nice surprise
Love: Forum & helpful players, learning
Love: Imagining my Elven character, make-believing in Elven world

Like: Trading
Like: Producing goods
Like: Neighbor visits (when not dead cities) & FS visits (LOVE Helping, but wish large cities loaded faster/wait time)
Like: Not having to fight, being able to decline & choose path

Ok: But could be much better:
Ok: Scouting new Provinces >early levels, now not as much. Could be far less boring, w better storyline, about culture of area
Ok: Negotiations & cost of >early levels, now not so much
Ok: Forced wait time increases
Ok: Some special quests geared towards advanced play
Ok: Wiki partial info, very basic
Ok: Everything geared towards earning. Some options, please.
Ok: That even tho its an Elven world, the motivations seem human
Ok: Not enough Art, Forest, Gardening, Trees, animals, wildlife, etc, to place in "my city"
Ok: More choices of fun objects to place around city>not everyone wants forced advancement

More:
I'm a Libra, so must give fair & balance view. lol

Painful: No interaction players, with Staff
Painful: No perks for frequent buyers/supporters
Painful: Company not listening to who market is & adjusting
Painful: watching a fun game & its players be frustrated & frustrating

Idiotic/Bad rep/Un-doable for most who do buy: Increasing cost of "diamonds" /in ratio to little lasting value in game play
Ongoing increases & the unhappiness for most players that this brings

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

Like:
the graphics
the absence of a PvP element so no worries about having to be on call 24/7
the fellowships
the need to reorganise regularly with different buildingsizes and NOT being able to rotate buildings to make that easier.
the IDEA of trading (but I really feel there are a lot of improvements possible there ( https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/more-trading-features.7249/#post-45154 )
the IDEA of fellowship based tournaments, but once again, I feel there they missed out on the way they implemented it

I could start on things that I dont like so much, but that would rather destroy the purpose here, so I wont.

Gath Of Baal

I could start on things that I dont like so much, but that would rather destroy the purpose here, so I wont.
I agree totally, I have myself along with many others voiced our displeasure at many different aspects of the game, in fact it seems the forum has hundreds of threads about the "bad things" and I have yet to find 1 positive thread about what players actually like about the game..

I think its just human nature to always find the flaws in everything and not appreciate what is good about that thing... One of my friends purchased a scratch off ticket at a local store, then proceeded to scratch the ticket off at the counter, and won $100.00.. first thing he said was "damn I wish it would have been more" and not "wow I won $100.00, this is great"... This is the mentality of a lot of people

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I enjoy/like:
  • Graphics
  • No PvP (actually love this particular feature)
  • Turn based combat - If I choose to manual fight but get called away I don't die it just waits for me to return
  • City planning challenge, how to make the different shape buildings work
  • Resource management, how to get the right mix of resources
  • Trading
  • Support - When I have needed them they have been super fast
  • Fellowships and the cooperative approach for fellows and neighbours
  • Continual improvement and additions
  • Summer solstice event (easily my favourite event)
  • Guest races
  • Storyline
  • Variety of town designs. Its great when visiting people to see how differently we all tackle the same issues.
  • Variety of strategies - so many different ways to approach the game, far more then towns I can manage:eek::p

DeletedUser2824

I actually like the space challenge of this game. I'm not happy unless I'm re-organizing everything on a regular basis. I like the marketing game too. I like wheelin' and dealin' in the trader and trying to maximize my goods output for the space I have. And my life would much more empty without my puppies that somehow put up with my shoddy archmage skills. The pretty graphics are definitely a draw too. ;)