• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

greenery street

Matrickz

can not decline but at least there are only 2 quests past it (unlock ranger and unlock squad #31) so as I understand it I can end the chapter and ignore the last 3 steps and just move forward. I see no point in wasting that much mana

Deleted User - 3932582

can not decline but at least there are only 2 quests past it (unlock ranger and unlock squad #31) so as I understand it I can end the chapter and ignore the last 3 steps and just move forward. I see no point in wasting that much mana
Correct, once you move to S&D you can decline this quest. I did, there was no way I had that much spare mana at that time for the rather dubious benefit. I did ultimately upgrade everything to Greenery streets when I had tons of mana in the S&D.

Matrickz

Correct, once you move to S&D you can decline this quest. I did, there was no way I had that much spare mana at that time for the rather dubious benefit. I did ultimately upgrade everything to Greenery streets when I had tons of mana in the S&D.
Why did you make them anyway? I have luxury streets already so while I gain even more culture I see little benefits

DeletedUser9601

Why did you make them anyway? I have luxury streets already so while I gain even more culture I see little benefits
1. Its incremental culture on every street tile. You've got 213 streets. If I said you could have 5,000 more culture basically for "free," you'd take it, right? That's like 10 squares worth of culture production. Free space = good!
2. Main hall upgrades and tech costs require substantial mana production. But once you hit those targets, your mana accumulates and you have not much to spend it on. That's when you spend it on streets.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Decay introduces different tactical considerations. Every night, 10% of your mana is lost. During tech lock, you might be losing 30k, 40k, 50k mana per night to decay. If I can see that I'm not going to need any mana for the next 10 days, and then really only about 5 or six days worth of accumulation, I can spend all of my mana every night for the first 3 or 4 days on roads, and little of it is wasted. I'm trading something that would have been lost for a little extra culture.

Deleted User - 3932582

Pretty much what @Tedious and @Ashrem said. While I was not in tech lock, I was overproducing mana by a lot in S&D. Running for 10 days with 500K mana in the bank is 500K of mana wasted for absolutely no gain. I figured I may as well waste mana on some extra culture. Was it necessary? No. The benefit is pretty marginal (to me), but at least it is some benefit. Slightly higher mana levels entering Halflings would have done nothing for me, and my overall decay losses (zero benefit) would be higher.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
...and my overall decay losses (zero benefit) would be higher.

Well, it is not an absolute zero benefit, since mana decays into coins and seeds decay into supplies, but that is still a very, very tiny return on all that lost mana and seeds.

As for the actual question, I did all the greenery streets when I got the quest because I do not ignore quests and only decline the one or two military ones that you can decline as soon as you get them. Sure, it took a few days to put all of them out, but while I was doing that, I was also making the students and working on the researches that I needed time to do anyway while I was making the streets.

Deleted User - 3932582

Well, it is not an absolute zero benefit, since mana decays into coins and seeds decay into supplies, but that is still a very, very tiny return on all that lost mana and seeds.
What?! Mana decays into coins and seeds into supplies? Is that true, because this is the first time I hear about it. You learn something new every day ;)

But yeah, coins is not something that I consider valuable in the slightest at this point in time.

DeletedUser9601

What?! Mana decays into coins and seeds into supplies? Is that true, because this is the first time I hear about it. You learn something new every day ;)

But yeah, coins is not something that I consider valuable in the slightest at this point in time.
I've never heard that either. Citation, Enevhar?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I've never heard that either. Citation, Enevhar?

Sure. Several times I have been in the game when the decay occurs. First you see all the minus numbers as you lose the mana, seeds, and sentient goods. Then you see all the positive numbers of normal goods being added to your inventory. And included in those positive numbers are coins and supplies. I am pretty sure I have been seeing this since before I unlocked sentient goods and only had mana and seeds decaying.

NightshadeCS

Sure. Several times I have been in the game when the decay occurs. First you see all the minus numbers as you lose the mana, seeds, and sentient goods. Then you see all the positive numbers of normal goods being added to your inventory. And included in those positive numbers are coins and supplies. I am pretty sure I have been seeing this since before I unlocked sentient goods and only had mana and seeds decaying.
This has also blown my mind. :eek::eek:

I am not usually paying attention (or awake) when the decay occurs. I searched high and low for something that tells me what mana and seeds deacay to, but cannot find another source. Shame on Inno for not having this in the Wiki!

EDIT: It has now been shown that mana and seeds decay into...nothing. So I retract my shaming! :D:D

I also could not remember where I had found that sentient goods decay to their regular counterpart, but finally (re)located it in the trader window.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

What's the conversion rate?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The best way to confirm it is coming from the mana and seed decay is to be in the game in a city that produces one or both, and is not yet making sentient goods, when decay time hits. I know I see gains in coins and supplies when decay happens, but it could be coming from the sentient decay and not the mana and seeds. My girlfriend's city is in S&D right now, so I will make sure it is open when decay happens tonight to verify and to see how much the gain is. And if she does not get anything, then the coins and supplies are connected to the sentient decay somehow.

@Tedious I think it may be one to one, the same as with sentient goods? But it could be 10 mana to 1 coin. I have not focused on the amount, just that I get it.