• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hard to find members for a fellowship

DeletedUser7527

It is so hard to find new members for my new fellowship in Felyndral Our name is Queens Guard we only have 3 members at this time and we dont have many rules soi thaught that would draw more folks in if any of you have any ideas that might help us please let us know or if you hear of any folks looking for a new fellowship please send them our way ty
Queens Guard.jpg

DeletedUser12171

Perhaps the reason it's hard is because your FS has only 3 people.

As a newbie looking for my very first FS on Khelonaar, my criteria was

1. Has to be within top 100 in ranking
2. Does tournaments
3. Had an AW program

No rules doesn't mean good. Rules tell people that you have a system in place for accountability and growth. People who are serious about their game, especially newbies, want a place they know they can get help and grow, not where anything goes and nobody really has the resources to help them. That doesn't mean newbies are freeloaders. I certainly wasn't, I did my best, but I knew I was at the stage of the game where I needed more help than I could give. A 3-man, newbie FS would not have been in my consideration at all. I stayed in my first FS for 6 months, growing from 3k points in chapter 3, to 50k in Dwarves when I left for my next FS

I am sure I don't speak for everyone, but this might give you some idea of what some people look for in an FS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laochra

@druindar faric , I have found that elvenstats has helped with my recruiting. I look up players in ElvenStats & check out their FS. If there are mostly inactive members in the FS, and the members that are still active have the boosts that we need, then I send a group message to all the active members offering them a new home (only if I have room for them all). My newest FS, The Westersand Warriors of Winyandor was started in February of this year & we are currently sitting at 21 members now. Most of our members merged with us when I found them in inactive fellowships & offered them a home.
This morning, I have just messaged a small group of players that are in such a FS in Felyndral. If I find any other FS that have mostly inactive, I can message you in-game to let you know, as we are only able to take in specific boosts in our Clandestines FS. :D

*I send the messages to all members so that none of them get left behind & this is also in case some of them are on the mobile app & won't get the messages.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7527

@druindar faric , I have found that elvenstats has helped with my recruiting. I look up players in ElvenStats & check out their FS. If there are mostly inactive members in the FS, and the members that are still active have the boosts that we need, then I send a group message to all the active members offering them a new home (only if I have room for them all). My newest FS, The Westersand Warriors of Winyandor was started in February of this year & we are currently sitting at 21 members now. Most of our members merged with us when I found them in inactive fellowships & offered them a home.
This morning, I have just messaged a small group of players that are in such a FS in Felyndral. If I find any other FS that have mostly inactive, I can message you in-game to let you know, as we are only able to take it specific boosts in our Clandestines FS. :D

*I send the messages to all members so that none of them get left behind & this is also in case some of them are on the mobile app & won't get the messages.
Ty and if I hear of any to send your way I will do as well ty again

DeletedUser7527

Perhaps the reason it's hard is because your FS has only 3 people.

As a newbie looking for my very first FS on Khelonaar, my criteria was

1. Has to be within top 100 in ranking
2. Does tournaments
3. Had an AW program

No rules doesn't mean good. Rules tell people that you have a system in place for accountability and growth. People who are serious about their game, especially newbies, want a place they know they can get help and grow, not where anything goes and nobody really has the resources to help them. That doesn't mean newbies are freeloaders. I certainly wasn't, I did my best, but I knew I was at the stage of the game where I needed more help than I could give. A 3-man, newbie FS would not have been in my consideration at all. I stayed in my first FS for 6 months, growing from 3k points in chapter 3, to 50k in Dwarves when I left for my next FS

I am sure I don't speak for everyone, but this might give you some idea of what some people look for in an FS.
I understand what you are saying I will have things inplace for them once we get enough folks to set some rules because I want to be able to take these rules and put them to a vote amongst us all

NightshadeCS

I understand what you are saying I will have things inplace for them once we get enough folks to set some rules because I want to be able to take these rules and put them to a vote amongst us all
I would state this in your description, then, that you are a new FS and will decide together requirements will become necessary. I was going to post something along the lines of what Random No said, that no rules at all would prevent me from applying to your fellowship. I like a little structure to be in place.

DeletedUser8946

Go through your rankings as well. Where it says where you are on the Global Leaderboard? (1736 for me) Click on that. There are LOTS of people not in Fellowships. Many of them will be inactive, so check them on Elvenstats. Or don't, just invite EVERYONE close to you on the global LB and hope a couple of them are active and want to join. But if you do check on Elvenstats, and their ranking has gone up this week, I find an invite and a kind Personal Message goes a long way.

Personally? Archmage is overrated. It's much, much easier to go to an established fellowship and climb your way to the top then it is to start with nothing and build yourself up as the Archmage. Just imagine the same thing with companies today. If you were a computer programmer, would it be easier to hire other people and build a new social media platform that becomes wildly successful? Or to join an already existing one like Facebook, and do so well you get promoted? Sure, there will be a few companies that become wildly successful. Snapchat refused to be bought by Facebook, now it's a multibillion dollar app. But lots of Fellowships/companies never take off. I've done both. (In the game, not a company) After 8 months, I got a 23 member Fellowship (after I merged with another). We got 4 chests in tournies and the first prize in FAs. I was dissatisfied, so I applied for the top Fellowship in my world in tournies, according to Elvenstats, even though I was still in my Fellowship. To my shock, she said I could come over within the day. Two months later, I'm Mage in that world. Mages have ALL the same permissions as Archmages, except disbanding the Fellowship and Mages can be demoted by other Mages. But if you're good, that's not a concern. Most Archmages are flexible, and if you want a change to the Fellowship, they'll probably make it if it's a good idea.

Again, Archmage is overrated, but it's entirely your choice. Game on. :D

DeletedUser7527

Go through your rankings as well. Where it says where you are on the Global Leaderboard? (1736 for me) Click on that. There are LOTS of people not in Fellowships. Many of them will be inactive, so check them on Elvenstats. Or don't, just invite EVERYONE close to you on the global LB and hope a couple of them are active and want to join. But if you do check on Elvenstats, and their ranking has gone up this week, I find an invite and a kind Personal Message goes a long way.

Personally? Archmage is overrated. It's much, much easier to go to an established fellowship and climb your way to the top then it is to start with nothing and build yourself up as the Archmage. Just imagine the same thing with companies today. If you were a computer programmer, would it be easier to hire other people and build a new social media platform that becomes wildly successful? Or to join an already existing one like Facebook, and do so well you get promoted? Sure, there will be a few companies that become wildly successful. Snapchat refused to be bought by Facebook, now it's a multibillion dollar app. But lots of Fellowships/companies never take off. I've done both. (In the game, not a company) After 8 months, I got a 23 member Fellowship (after I merged with another). We got 4 chests in tournies and the first prize in FAs. I was dissatisfied, so I applied for the top Fellowship in my world in tournies, according to Elvenstats, even though I was still in my Fellowship. To my shock, she said I could come over within the day. Two months later, I'm Mage in that world. Mages have ALL the same permissions as Archmages, except disbanding the Fellowship and Mages can be demoted by other Mages. But if you're good, that's not a concern. Most Archmages are flexible, and if you want a change to the Fellowship, they'll probably make it if it's a good idea.

Again, Archmage is overrated, but it's entirely your choice. Game on. :D
I have been a archmage and a mage in a few fellowships and not just in this world but others as well I just like what I set up for this one and want to stick with it lol

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
I have been a archmage and a mage in a few fellowships and not just in this world but others as well I just like what I set up for this one and want to stick with it lol

....just dont give up....and dont settle for anything less than what you want. Mines been goin for 3 1/2 years . There's always a few that come and go but honestly its stayed strong...minus the drama queens but they've found a new palace...thank god for small favors :rolleyes: ...and their spots have already been filled . **build it, they will come **;)

DeletedUser7527

....just dont give up....and dont settle for anything less than what you want. Mines been goin for 3 1/2 years . There's always a few that come and go but honestly its stayed strong...minus the drama queens but they've found a new palace...thank god for small favors :rolleyes: ...and their spots have already been filled . **build it, they will come **;)
ty for the kind words and yes I wont give up lol

Desurfur

@druindar faric ,that first FS I believe was DragonSpine, Just letting you know its still growing and getting more active members as months go by. We just sort through the applications we get, pick some out, see how they do for 3 to 4 weeks, if no activity we kick them out, if the game hasn't beat us to the punch.
But mainly just sayin Hi.

Also Agree with this,
**build it, they will come **
but will also add "Slowly" to the end of it

Last edited:

DeletedUser7527

@druindar faric ,that first FS I believe was DragonSpine, Just letting you know its still growing and getting more active members as months go by. We just sort through the applications we get, pick some out, see how they do for 3 to 4 weeks, if no activity we kick them out, if the game hasn't beat us to the punch.
But mainly just sayin Hi.

Also Agree with this,
**build it, they will come **
but will also add "Slowly" to the end of it
that is good to hear i wish you all well and i say hi back lol

DeletedUser3468

This was briefly a problem when my hubby and I started our training Fellowship. We solved it by allowing players to join directly; no invitation needed. The good players stayed, the bad left, and the inactive were weeded out. We now have a full Fellowship of eager, active players and I've now had to change my signature line from "join us" to a "let me know if you want to go on the waiting list". ;) This won't work for every Fellowship, but for our newbie training group, it did just fine. Yes, we still have a few players who don't participate as much as our occasionally over eager ones but that's ok with us.