• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Having to use our diamonds to complete provinces because we are not at the Orc World yet

DeletedUser907

Dear Elvenar:

I think u all would stick to the story line.
Orc's are in my next chapter, so why is it that I am having Orc's show up inside my provinces that I am working ?
I have not gotten to the Orc World as of yet so there should be no Orc's required to do my provinces.
Also how can u impose that once we are a certain distance away that we will have to wait till we get to the Orc World when we have been playing for over a year ?
Of course we are going to a great distance away from our village as we are trying to finish provinces so as to increase the size of our villages.
I have only 2 choices either let them set until I get to the Orc's World or use my diamonds to complete my provinces so I can get more land for my village.
Both of these choices are in no way fair !
How can u even ask us to wait until we get to the Orc World ?
We are suppose to be advancing in the game and building on our acquired land so we can advance our scores or increase our culture.
U are also by doing this denying us the chance to get relics for our Magic Academy, so we can make spells also we are not able to get relics so we can get boost for our boosted goods factories.
Where do u all think this is fair in any way?
Is this what u consider to be a free game ?
Free means not having to use our diamonds to play a game .
So go back to following the story line that of which does not involve Orc's at this time.
Quit making us either let them sit and hold off on our getting of land for our villages or making us pay to do the provinces.
I for one work hard on completing my provinces so I can put what ever I want in my village and I know others do also.
The game pushes us to play in the contest to acquire items and u have also come up with so many Ancient Wonders that we need more land so to place these items.
And the more buildings we have we need land for culture items also.
U are ruining the game for us.
I feel like u are doing this to slow our progress as u all have not planed well and now we are paying the cost of this pour planing .
Please get ur developing team to plan better for our growth.
U have a game that we all love to play but u are ruining it for us all.
I love purchasing diamonds for items I like and the fact that when we open so many provinces we get a chance to buy some more land for doing this but, I will not buy to pay for Orc's when I am not in this World yet and it is in no way treating us fair.
Please, I know I am not the only one that has an issue with having to have Orc's in our provinces when we are not in that World as of yet.
So please correct this mistake for us.
Sincerely,
Zushy

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

Orc's are in my next chapter, so why is it that I am having Orc's show up inside my provinces that I am working ?
Fighting in distant provinces has always been soft-capped in that the Squad Size researches were required in order to fight successfully as you got further and further from home.

Folks figured out ways to manufacture far more goods than the developers anticipated, so consequently it was possible to negotiate provinces wherein you would not have stood a prayer of winning if you were to fight.

Rather than reworking the cost of negotiating, the developers have chosen to use the simpler approach of not allowing negotiation beyond Ring 10 until you're in Chapter VIII.

Once all the hair pulling and shouting is over and done with, I very much hope that the developers will back fit a similar restrictions for the Dwarves and Fairies.

DeletedUser4112

Sry Zushy, which ones are the Orcs? I have seen all the Orcs since from Chapter I in my game. :confused:

DeletedUser3610

Once all the hair pulling and shouting is over and done with
:rolleyes: So, never then? Since there will always be people encountering Orcs at Dwarves and Fairies and being thrown for a loop because of it ... (Not knowing what is happening, why it's happening and what to do with it, because it's so stupid, doesn't make any sense and most people have no idea that it's comming ...)

DeletedUser2499

how can u impose that once we are a certain distance away that we will have to wait till we get to the Orc World when we have been playing for over a year

I firmly agree as I am just starting Dwarves, Orcs are 2 full levels away and I have tons of KP's to achieve just for this level.

DeletedUser68

I’ve tidied up some stacked posts. This remedial post isn’t “just” about this thread but is intended, rather, to avoid future issues and the consequent warnings that we’re obliged to issue when gentle doesn't get people's attention.
  • The easiest technique is to simply start typing in the reply box at the bottom of the page.
  • If you want to add another thought, and it would make sense to revise your recently posted message,
    simply click the "Edit" link just below your posted message.
  • If you want to add attributed quotes to a message that you’re already posted, you can
    Cut them from the normal edit box and then Paste them into an edit box for the existing message.
For a more elaborate conversation, a very effective technique is to multi-quote SNIPPETS (not the entire message which we’ve already read) that you MIGHT want to respond to, as you're reading the messages on each page.

index.php
  • Click Reply only if you want to quote one entire message
  • Click + Quote if you want to quote several entire messages
  • Highlight and click Reply if you want to quote one snippet
  • Highlight and click + Quote if you want to quote several snippets
If you're using + Quote, you can actually reorganize the snippets before you insert them into the edit box at the bottom of the page.

The desired outcome is a single, nicely organized, easy to read post
that's responsive to the various issues that have been raised during the previous several hours.

OVERLY LARGE graphics chew up a lot of bandwidth and they consequently slow down page loads. Animated gifs are simply irritating.

Our forum rules are available at [URL='https://us.forum.elvenar.com/...m/index.php?threads/forum-rules.702/[/URL[/U]]
but multi-posting and graphics are the most common issues.
  • Embedded graphics may not be larger than 640h x 480v pixels. If it simply has to be larger, please bury it under a spoiler tag.
  • Signature blocks, including image links and all text, may not display larger than 500h x 150v pixels.
  • Animated gifs may not be displayed.
  • Support ticket conversations are confidential, and references thereto will be removed.
  • Material from other forums, particularly discussions about beta features that are not yet in production, are generally discouraged unless you bury them under a spoiler tag.

The syntax for a spoiler tag is listed as part of the general BBCODE help
that’s available under the Help tag in the lower right of all forum pages.
Code:
[SPOILER=Subject]Bury your oversized graphics, or Beta treasures, under a spoiler tag.[/SPOILER]

Bury your oversized graphics, or Beta treasures, under a spoiler tag.

We also have comprehensive support for tabular data.

DeletedUser2396

Similiar restriction for Dwarf and Fairy - the dude is out of touch with the topic again - Fighting has nothing to do with negotiating a province you either fight or you choose to negotiate - i was in Chapter 5 when Orcs made their appearance in game i was all the way out to the 12th ring and had done so thur negotiating with goods that i produced as the Game had been designed to be able to do that - now if the Developers designed the game wrong in the first place as you seem intent on suggesting they did so and they changed their mind and said wait this is all wrong we have to do something to fix this - Their fix is just as wrong - lol - they have only caused more an more people to quit and more people to get bored waiting endlessly waiting on the game - for me there are only a few encounters i can do in a day now (4) oh i could do (8) and then be bored an wait even longer for the scout to complete another province or i could choose to fight and lose As Designed: - that not much fun either so i wait and wait an wait - As Designed: geesh time to go play some Ashen Empires i guess - in that game ONE can get plenty of fighting accomplished:

DeletedUser594

i was all the way out to the 12th ring and had done so thur negotiating with goods that i produced as the Game had been designed to be able to do that - now if the Developers designed the game wrong in the first place as you seem intent on suggesting they did so and they changed their mind and said wait this is all wrong we have to do something to fix this - Their fix is just as wrong - lol - they have only caused more an more people to quit and more people to get bored waiting endlessly waiting on the game -

They didn't anticipate that ppl would get that far (it is only just over 1yr old game so that's understandable imo) and they made a move to course correct- I won't get into whether they chose a good correction or if it even needed addressing-
I will say that their hamfisted tone-deaf response was poorly implemented, poorly communicated, and ultimately disrespectful of players investment in time, effort and $$, and it's effects reverberated out through fellowships on every world i played on causing us to lose formerly active players. They should have at the very least tossed a few diamonds around to soothe some singed hides but their response was ......?
They seem to have at least gotten that message it seems as they are issuing in-game announcements of upcoming battle change.

If they took player advancement into account when reworking the battle system then they are fools. The system needed revamping, and part of that included toning down Bps, GGs and Sorcerress- regardless of position on the map. I say this bcs fights that used to take some skill and tactical use of the terrain (which may get chopped-yet another wha...?) along with proper troop combo's and a planned out attack became just throw in 5 and forget about it, repeat. They certainly did not need to make changes to slow down advancement through fighting as it's already in place. No matter your skill level there comes a point where you are simply outgunned.
I still get the impression that they have some sort of management in place making poor development decisions and a somewhat green dev crew that was pieced together that is learning on the fly. (my impression- nothing factual to back that up)
Otherwise I just don't understand some of their decisions and lack of foresight. It would take having one bobbipiazza or b.kitty on staff about half a day of play to find those soft , not exploits, but unforseen interesting solutions that allows a player advancement beyond what they intend. I don't know what goes on there but whomever is making the final decisions and the staff just don't have the eyes of a gamer or else they would see the inevitable consequences of their choices much, much sooner.
When fellowships were new but trading still a major issue they tried adding a quest in the repeating questline that gave a few thousand goods. The minute it hit I knew that would ultimately weaken the fellowship system they had recently implemented. They eventually saw that ppl used that repeating quest to build up more goods than they could have possibly made at that stage.
Duh. Really?
Where was the guy in the back who plays like a real player who could throw up a flag before implementing, seeing the flaw, removing said quests and then weathering the player response?
They just wear me out and my forehead aches from smacking it in bewilderment and consternation.

DeletedUser43

Where was the guy in the back who plays like a real player who could throw up a flag before implementing, seeing the flaw, removing said quests and then weathering the player response?

We are all on beta screaming our heads off about how these changes will affect the game and they ignore every word we said.

For example, right now I can tell what will happen with this new fighting system: people cannot win battles, so they will stop fighting. Therefore, people will ignore everything to do with battles, they will build more factories to produce more goods for more negotiating. The magic academy will become more useless because getting relics to make it run just got harder. The tournaments cannot be played as easily so kp will dry up on the world as a whole. When kp dries up then ancient wonders are a lot slower to upgrade. Without ancient wonders the troops are even more feckless. If ancient wonders don't upgrade, and you can't get through the tournaments, then you can't get runes. No runes, means fewer wonders.

Another change: a lot of people will quit. The game simply won't be fun for them. A lot of those people have decent sized cities. That means that their cities will never disappear from the world map. This means that people will have what looks like full neighborhoods, but actually they are full of ghost towns. No neighbors means fewer supplies to collect when giving nh. We already have a terrible supply imbalance in the game, but it will get worse.

Also, fellowships will crack and this will lead to more people leaving. Fellowships are full of friends. Sometimes when one leaves because they find a new game to play (because they don't like the changes here) they tell other people about the new game. Half of my fellowship all left to play The settlers online together way back during the dwarven era when the devs pulled something else awful.

Further, it will be hard for fellowships to replace players. Who can they replace them with? Newbies? How is a newbie going to fill a trade for 10,000 gems?

And this will happen why? Because the devs think something is out of whack. But what is out of whack? Why are players so far ahead? It is because the devs are so slow on releasing content. They started this game way too early. They should have developed it in beta for a year before releasing it live. Instead, they jumped it out the door and now they keep trying to catch their tail. So, they will then develop fixes for all the problems I mentioned above which will send the game further out of balance.

None of this is rocket science. But they never listen to any of us.

And....it is stupid as can be to have this idiotic orc requirement in the world map.

DeletedUser828

Will not use any more Diamonds in this game , I've spent a small fortune now to get to certain points in it have had to delete culture I paid for in order to make room for the Orc Invasion. I refuse to pay to play it any longer. It's going backwards and making what was an enjoyable game miserable. I won't pay to be miserable in a game. Before long if I can no longer advance my city and gain expansions so I can grow, because they jacked up the Battle in it , I may not continue to even play it.
I'll go back to my old city building games I bought that are sitting and collecting dust on a shelf...

DeletedUser4112

I agree that many events in this game take a long wait, which tired the players alot, so maybe Elvenar Team will like to take this into consideration and make some improvements. I believe they are trying to level out the lower level's progress to higher level so they are using this time strategic so that players don't maxed out too fast, and also keeping real-life people in game by using long waiting time in production & login in after work etc to catch up with their game.

Well, but in game, there is also the more important sides of 'rewarding' which keeps players interested in the game, which is the real satisfaction that game players are seeking, and this is also what takes to build up a game developer's reputation and people seek out future games released by them.

Having said that, Elvenar Team is a good game develper even in this game - Elvenar, on the whole it gives enough rewards and keeps a real relationship with their players!

Thanks to the Team for their dedicated efforts!

Good game and hopes everyone continued to enjoy their fun here! ;)

DeletedUser1349

The sky is always falling with certain posters who just love to hear themselves whine.

Since I started Elvenar in Decenber, the game has improved and expanded at warp speed. I am VERY pleased! I wasn't sure I would stay with a simple build for score game initially released. I quickly noticed the negotiation exploit but I am a hardcore city builder and fighter so never used the exploit. Again, every city builder has fighting.

I got very upset when my L2 soldiers sucked against enemy. L1 worked well, it was L2 soldiers who are not keeping up. Then I got my first L3 Golems in elf world, L3 Paladins in human. OMG ~ they cannot lose and almost refuse to die. Waaaay overpowered. the battle system desperately needed to change.

I will freely admit the negotiate exploit was inno's fault in the first place and as a fighter I have piled up hundreds of thousands of manufactured goods that I have nothing to spend them on. It is a production problem, not only a negotiate exploit problem. Manufactories are waaay over-powered.

I really do not know what the solution is for players who refuse to fight. The easier the game is made for you, it becomes too simple for us fighters to keep from being bored.

I have a very hard time understanding non-fighting players who ignored their tech tree, got caught with their pants down and now have problems negotiating. Did you really think inno would allow your exploitation to continue?

Inno's issue is not free players who refuse to fight. Their issue is diamond buying players who love to fight. You free players do not have the luxury of free will. You MUST play the full game.

Be one with the game. Play the FULL game!

Elvenar rocks! I cannot wait for battle redesign to return me to noobness. BRING IT ON!!!

EDIT: Whoops forgot reason #2 for this post. the whining here about beta. Beta is for Beta. Like the old line "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" Why are you whining here? Inno will address issues with the new battle redesign there, NOT HERE.

The game is not broken. Some of you who come here and whine about what is going on in beta should be FIRED as beta players. You have no clue what real beta is like. It is messy. Alpha is worse! been there, done that!

DeletedUser4218

I have a very hard time understanding non-fighting players who ignored their tech tree, got caught with their pants down and now have problems negotiating. Did you really think inno would allow your exploitation to continue?

I am a fighter that hasn't ignored the tech tree and have made it my first priority when spending KP. I am in Fairies getting close to orcs finally. I ran into the orc problem over a month ago. I can't defeat orcs and I can't buy my way past them. Fortunately I hadn't cleared all all the ring 10 provinces allowing me to still grow but i'm getting close to not being able to grow for awhile due to this limitation unless I want to purchase diamonds which I don't anymore (i've spent enough). Reason I ran into orcs in the first place was because after they cleared all of the dead players I was left with less than a dozen neighbors. So I started scouting in the direction I saw other players so I had someone to trade and visit outside of my FS. Needless to say inno took that away from me with the orcs. Last count I still had only 14 or 15 neighbors and the rest goldmine.

Inno has sufficiently made it to where I will be sitting here unable to continue growing my city the way I have been since joining. I play a lot and like to grow as fast as I can keeping 5 builders busy most of the time. Oct. 2nd I will have been playing for 8 months and from the 50,000 or so ranking when I started I am now just under 100. Personally I could care less about the points and ranking and just want to build my city, fight my battles and relax in my chair while i'm doing that. Soon, like within a week or so I won't be able to do that anymore.

So Nevarth please explain to me how the game isn't broken when I am unable to continue playing and growing as I have since I started.

If you ask me the developers either aren't very experienced in creating this kind of game or didn't research enough to know that players would be able to grow and play in this manner. Either way it isn't my fault and I shouldn't have to pay the price for their being short sighted. I do wish I had been one of those that never put a penny into this game because of this. While you may like the changes you are among the minority and as more and more people get frustrated and quit you won't be enjoying it as much either. there will be no one to make trades with and visit your city. At least that is the way I see it. I may be proven wrong but I have a sinking feeling i'm right.

DeletedUser1349

KDbub469 there is no Orc requirement if you fight. Only if you negotiate.

DeletedUser3507

I am just a little way from being done with dwarves and I have scouted everything up to ring 11. So how am I suppose to expand my city now?

The Orc requirement is punishing me! for being a good player. So yes in my opinion the game is rigged. To force us too spend for escalating priced expansion.

Therefore the game is broke. When I can not expand what else do you call it
And fighting in ring 11 is a no win situation I killed plenty of troops trying and only won 6 out of 8

DeletedUser3507

As for this statement dude you don't have a clue, I have done everything in my tech tree.
And for you asserting that we don't shows how naive you really are.

See for yourself

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 71

DeletedUser594

please explain to me how the game isn't broken when I am unable to continue playing and growing as I have since I started.
Then you've done rather well and you are ahead of the pace the devs hope to set and probably advanced much quicker than the majority of players you started with.
Its a young game- just over 1yr old. All of the game mechanics still aren't even in play yet. It's not a game that is exclusively about growing your city
Its not an open sandbox style of game. The pace of growth should taper off as challenges become more difficult.
In most games they would have just shadowed out the areas of the map that lay beyond the matching techs or levels needed to open them

as katwijk points out above
  • "Fighting in distant provinces has always been soft-capped in that the Squad Size researches were required in order to fight successfully as you got further and further from home.

• Folks figured out ways to manufacture far more goods than the developers anticipated, so consequently it was possible to negotiate provinces wherein you would not have stood a prayer of winning if you were to fight.

• Rather than reworking the cost of negotiating, the developers have chosen to use the simpler approach of not allowing negotiation beyond Ring 10 until you're in Chapter VIII"
Expanding your city is one aspect of gameplay. It has been softcapped. If you can't fight the territories then you have reached the limits of your current techs.