• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hi, Newbie here. Lots of questions.

Arcturis2

To be "in" a chapter, you have to have filled and activated the first tech of that chapter. There should also be a banner at the top of the research tree screen above that first tech that shows either the roman numeral or an icon for the guest race for that chapter.

I am not sure what is supposed to unlock in chapter 2 for you. It may be Ancient Wonders or Tier 2 goods, but you have to first research the technology associated with each of those. In chapter 3 (III) you will be able to access the Spire of Eternity.
I remembered what it was. It was on the relics page and it said that the second item (silk) would unlock and be boosted in chapter II. I just looked at it and it is unlocked now, but the II has been highlighted on my research page for several days and it just unlocked today. What's up with that?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I remembered what it was. It was on the relics page and it said that the second item (silk) would unlock and be boosted in chapter II. I just looked at it and it is unlocked now, but the II has been highlighted on my research page for several days and it just unlocked today. What's up with that?
You must have researched the tech associated with the upgrade.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Research Tree.png
The above pic shows the Ch2 research tree up through the Tier 2 factory tech you have just unlocked. You arrived in Ch2 when you unlocked that first tech (circled) for the chapter and have been considered 'in' Ch2 since that was done. The statement you read was accurate, you do unlock your tier 2 goods in Ch2, including the one that is your boost. It's just not the first thing you unlock; there's quite a few things you have to unlock to reach it and then unlock it. The game will continue to recognize you as being 'in' Ch2 until you unlock the Advanced Scouts tech in Ch3.
If you notice on the bottom row, the roman numeral II has the arrow/highlight on this pic as well. That just tells you where you are on that page (it slides from beginning to end no matter the chapter you are in). The city I took the screen shot from is currently at the beginning of Ch16. You can slide the page backward and that arrow will move to Ch1 or you can slide the page forward and it will move to future chapters.

Edit to add: You'll notice that you will also need to unlock the actual production boost tech; it doesn't show in that picture but it's in the next column of research techs.

Arcturis2

The above pic shows the Ch2 research tree up through the Tier 2 factory tech you have just unlocked. You arrived in Ch2 when you unlocked that first tech (circled) for the chapter and have been considered 'in' Ch2 since that was done. The statement you read was accurate, you do unlock your tier 2 goods in Ch2, including the one that is your boost. It's just not the first thing you unlock; there's quite a few things you have to unlock to reach it and then unlock it. The game will continue to recognize you as being 'in' Ch2 until you unlock the Advanced Scouts tech in Ch3.
If you notice on the bottom row, the roman numeral II has the arrow/highlight on this pic as well. That just tells you where you are on that page (it slides from beginning to end no matter the chapter you are in). The city I took the screen shot from is currently at the beginning of Ch16. You can slide the page backward and that arrow will move to Ch1 or you can slide the page forward and it will move to future chapters.

Edit to add: You'll notice that you will also need to unlock the actual production boost tech; it doesn't show in that picture but it's in the next column of research techs.
Thx.

Patchella

Welcome to you, @Arcturis2 !

What will very become useful a bit later, and you can start now if you like, is to follow along and read about everything on your current spot in the game and the recommended play moves to get through on Elvengems, and on the Wiki (the wiki goes into more details but Elvengems is the bomb).

Later on, you’ll be entering into “Guest Races“ chapters starting with Chapter 6, 7, 8, 9, etc., and they are quite complicated and need some sort of explanation. Elvengems is fantastic at explaining what’s changing in each chapter coming up, and how to approach to make it enjoyable. Those of us who use it, swear by it. I’m one.

For now, Chapters 1 through 5 are Apprenticeship Chapters, as you see in Elvengems/Wiki. Your objectives are to get to know all the different aspects of the basic game play, the “basic manufatories,” and all the basic economics of the game.

As you play, note how often you play, how often you gather your resources, and join a fledgling Fellowship (FS) just to try it out. It’s a good thing to join an FS with others who are also starting out. Also make sure you gather resources from your neighbours and fellows by “visiting” them and “help” them. This will start a cycle of help between you and them, and it’s good to keep it going because the Supplies you receive are always needed.

Once you’re in the mood and understand what kind of player you are in relation to others, and the kind of support you need from fellow players, then assess your situation.. if you’re getting what you need from your FS, then stay. If not, then you can look on here on the forums for another FS, or you can look at your neighbours’ FS by exploring each neighbour, and see what kind of FS they are and if you might want fit in with a different FS.

FSs come in all flavours under the sun. Tons of drama, politics, etc... and on the other end of the spectrum, super kind, soft and warm and zero drama, laid back and sometimes playing and sometimes not. There are high achiever FSs, and middle of the road.. the high achiever ones have mandatory expectations for tourney points each week, and spire to the top or Frog boss each week, etc... because they care about the points of the FS in rankings. Once you are involved in an FS, you can care or not about these things and see what you like and don’t like.. and later you can choose.

My recommendation is to play for a while and once you’re super confident in what kind of player you are and you’ve got a month or two or three of experience of FS shenanigans under your belt, then write a “FS Wanted” letter and post it on the Forum here and you’ll get some responses.

Best of luck and blessings to you ❤

[edit to add:] BTW, this is the link to my “FS Wanted” advert.. from quite a while back.. it was amazingly successful and I managed to get on with a fantastic FS there, and I’m still with them. I made friends there and then got on another FS on another world through connections and I’m super happy with that FS. And so it goes. Here’s the link to my own advert:

Last edited: