• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hobby Shop in builders hut

Ellassor

Does the production enhancement start on only new production or does it give the 20% adder to current production too?
For example if I watch the video and choose a 20% adder to seed production, does it automatically boost the trader production by 20%?

While the % boost is active, all collections of that type are boosted by that % as applied to base production.

Example: Your base orcs production per whatever collection period is 1000. You also have the 70% orc boost bonus expiring building building out, so when you collect orcs, you get 1700. You boost orc production through hobby shop, so 20% boost. When you collect, you will get 1900.

1000 base
700 from 70% or boost
200 from 20% hobby shop boost

Edit: so use it when you're about to COLLECT, don't worry about production while it's "active"

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I'm more interested to know why this was put out on live when it wasn't even tested on beta.
Is Inno that desperate for extra revenue? That would not bode well for the future of Elvenar (or FoE for that matter)
I have this on Beta, and every live city as well. :(
This a pure A/B test, but it's spread, like the flu, through all of my cities and accounts.

Genefer

Is Inno that desperate for extra revenue? That would not bode well for the future of Elvenar (or FoE for that matter)

We can all play Elvenar without spending 1 penny, but Elvenar is not FREE for InnoGames. I do not know how many players spend money playing Elvenar, but players I have encountered tend to brag about how they do not spend any money to play. Perhaps Inno is desperate for revenue, if the players' testimony of never buying diamonds is true, where is the revenue derived?

I am amazed Elvenar has remained available to play for "free" for 8 years without introducing Ads.

A few seconds of optional Ads, which I have earned many different resources, is a small price to pay to keep Elvenar online for those of us that do purchase Diamonds to continue to support the players who "never purchase diamonds".

Or perhaps a monthly subscription fee is preferable?

Frankly, anyone that "never purchases diamonds" should be grateful they have a game to play at all.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FREE - if you are not paying the cost, it is being paid for you by someone else.

Siorse

ArenaNet has managed to keep the original Guild Wars free to play for 20 years with no ads... admittedly you do have to purchase the game and any subsequent xpacs you want.(just sayin')

Plus there are cosmetic items etc to generate revenue.

I buy diamonds but not nearly as often as I used to simply because I'm not spending them to get through the Spire since they added freaking frags in 2nd/3rd tier boss chest.

I hate ads but at least they are the clickable ones and not ones that just pop-up as you're trying to play like some games.

Genefer

ArenaNet has managed to keep the original Guild Wars free to play for 20 years with no ads... admittedly you do have to purchase the game and any subsequent xpacs you want.(just sayin')

It is not free to play if you have to purchase the game. Elvenar does not require any player to spend money - at all. However, if no one purchased diamonds.... the game would not be online for long, but that is the gamble Inno has taken, and ArenaNet has not. 20 years of consumers purchasing your game and expansion packs is far different from 8 years of hoping players will purchase diamonds. The two are in no way comparable.

Mighty Peach

I still don't have access to the Hobby Shop in either of my two cities. Has this been rolled out across the board yet? Are you guys able to access it on mobile and browser versions?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yes it's available on both platforms. On Browser if we pick up the movie reel we get asked if we wish to view a video. On Beta we were told that mobile users don't get asked, a video does just run. I have loaded cities on mobile but thank all the gods, have not swiped over one.

Keep a couple of things in mind. There've been no Announcements on any Forum. We have no idea how these Ads are being sourced. There are bug reports on Beta about cities that get stuck in an Ad, and reports of players getting their systems infested with Adware.

With no information other than this, as already stated not only am I  not disabling my Adblockers I am in the market for new ones.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Yes it's available on both platforms. On Browser if we pick up the movie reel we get asked if we wish to view a video. On Beta we were told that mobile users don't get asked, a video does just run. I have loaded cities on mobile but thank all the gods, have not swiped over one.

Keep a couple of things in mind. There've been no Announcements on any Forum. We have no idea how these Ads are being sourced. There are bug reports on Beta about cities that get stuck in an Ad, and reports of players getting their systems infested with Adware.

With no information other than this, as already stated not only am I  not disabling my Adblockers I am in the market for new ones.
I had one ad for a Buddhist retreat go nuts when I clicked on it, telling me my computer was compromised and to click to fix it. I just reloaded the game instead and ran a virus program. Everything was fine. Might not have been if I'd clicked ... I hate those flashing "warning" ads.

Siorse

I had one ad for a Buddhist retreat go nuts when I clicked on it, telling me my computer was compromised and to click to fix it. I just reloaded the game instead and ran a virus program. Everything was fine. Might not have been if I'd clicked ... I hate those flashing "warning" ads.
Seems like maybe Inno isn't vetting the ads at all-anyone willing to pay to have them placed is in.

That opens up the door for a lot of bad actors imo.

Definitely not disabling my adblocker any time soon.

Genefer

I have not experienced anything suspicious yet.

In general, all internet users should ensure not only their security software is up to date, also their OS, Drivers, Software, Applications, and browser/s are always up to date. Updates are typically to address security issues not performance.

Use the advanced install when installing anything to prevent programs you do not want from being installed too.

Security Software should be set to update automatically and with high frequency, because there is new malware introduced all the time, but outdated security will not know to prevent infiltration.

Security software should always be actively monitoring all internet activity as well as automatically running scans of the device, because the objective is to block malware not clean-up the mess after the device is infected and find anything that might have infected the computer prior to the malware being identified and added in the update.

If someone experiences popup ads that occur without any action to trigger the popup it is likely their device is already infected.

Yogi Dave

I referenced your post in the Pop Up ads and their control thread. That ad you got should never ever have gotten through to you.

Dhurrin

We can all play Elvenar without spending 1 penny, but Elvenar is not FREE for InnoGames. I do not know how many players spend money playing Elvenar, but players I have encountered tend to brag about how they do not spend any money to play. Perhaps Inno is desperate for revenue, if the players' testimony of never buying diamonds is true, where is the revenue derived?

I am amazed Elvenar has remained available to play for "free" for 8 years without introducing Ads.

A few seconds of optional Ads, which I have earned many different resources, is a small price to pay to keep Elvenar online for those of us that do purchase Diamonds to continue to support the players who "never purchase diamonds".

Or perhaps a monthly subscription fee is preferable?

Frankly, anyone that "never purchases diamonds" should be grateful they have a game to play at all.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FREE - if you are not paying the cost, it is being paid for you by someone else.
I understand that. I also have not minded paying in the past. In fact, for a while I was a big spender. However, Inno has been basically screwing over their customers several times which definitely lowers my willingness to pay and I'm far from the only one who feels that way.
Then they added in-game possibilities to gain diamonds, but have neglected to increase the ways to spend them, cutting into their own revenue.
Now they are offering packages that -at least for me- are frankly way too expensive and not interesting enough by far.
As I have stated before they would likely be better off offering small, low value offers on a regular basis as you will find way more people willing to spend a small amount at a time then spending large sums.

Siorse

Seems like maybe Inno isn't vetting the ads at all-anyone willing to pay to have them placed is in.

I did some research, and it appears they're using Google Ad Services. In theory Google vets the ads they serve so the client does not have to, so it should be OK, although I really don't know much about it.
If you're going to quote me please use the whole sentence at least-only quoting part of my statement makes it sound like I was giving an absolute.
I said "Seems like..."

Yogi Dave

I did some research, and it appears they're using Google Ad Services. In theory Google vets the ads they serve so the client does not have to, so it should be OK, although I really don't know much about it.
Words from your post: "it appears", "In theory", "although I really don't know much about it."
Those phrases kind of makes your post seem to not be founded in facts or at least you are unsure of them.

BTW, can you give a reference to the research that makes you think Inno is using "Google Ad Services"? That might help to see if your statement has merit.