• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How did you get that name?

If you had to pick one of these to take home what would it be?

• Total voters

DeletedUser19483

First things first, I don't want to know your real name. The whole point of this thread, created in boredom and more boredom, is to get the story behind how you all came up with your gamer names.

AND I SWEAR TO SWEAR IF YOU POST, "But NormalMoon I only picked this name because it was the only one not taken." IF THAT IS THE CASE................TALK ABOUT ANOTHER GAMER NAME YOU HAVE. THEY ALL CAN'T BE THAT BORING(or maybe they are and then if that is the case........jeez I'm sorry for your loss)

P.S. not really expecting anyone to even look at this since by now I think you all see my stuff as, "NormalMoon blather." and if that is the case........shoot your learning!

LilWolf De Lioncourt

well I have had my gamer name for almost over 19 years:D when I was role-playing a lot in a lot of my vampire/werewolf chat rooms which have been a lot of fun.:cool: I do miss it now I haven't been doing that for quite sometime.

NormalMoon how did You come up with Your Gamer Name?

DeletedUser20396

I came up with mine from to book series I love. The inheritance cycle, and the Chronicles of Narnia. Saphira is a sapphire dragon in the inheritance, and the Magnificent part came from High Knig Peter, the magnificent.

DeletedUser2768

I've had this name, or a variation for at least 20 years.

Rose: my favorite flower
Hawk: my favorite bird
ATA: this is the newest part. My family and I have been training in taekwondo for almost 7 years. Our school is American Taekwondo Association, or ATA.

DeletedUser20951

Needed a username for another game a couple years ago and came up with "Casual Contempt" off of the top of my head, decided I liked it (I usually like anything I come up with, though, so this is unsurprising) and used it for Elvenar when I returned to play again. A week in, I realized I wanted a human city, as well, in the same world and fellowship to make 'em essentially two halves of a whole for simplicity's sake (I had five cities in five worlds in the past and the burnout risk is real). Thought about potential names for a bit and it occurred to me to just go the easy synonym route to indicate their mirror status, although I am still a little disappointed that I didn't think of "Epitome of Antipathy" before this one, because, heh, it rhymes and I'm horrible at rhyming AND I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF. Regardless, the description suits my personality perfectly, and I continue to be pleased that the abbreviations are "CC" and "N/A", which wasn't intentional in the least.

The naming of things is important.

DeletedUser19914

@Nonchalant Antipathy -- Your name, and your other name, @Casual Contempt, remind me of Ship Mind names in the Culture series of SF books by Iain M. Banks (His get even stranger, of course, like Me, I'm Counting and Smile Tolerantly.)

My name is a modification to "Elvish-ize" a role-play name I used for some years in Yahoo roleplay chat groups and various online games. I'm currently writing some books about the "primary" character. Students of history will recognize part of the name as a relative of William the Conqueror.

DeletedUser20951

Culture series of SF books by Iain M. Banks
Whoa, just looked up the synopsis on these and it sounds awesome. You had me at "His get even stranger". XD

Used to do LiveJournal roleplaying back in the day, which was a ton of fun. Love the name and origin. Wish you luck with your writing endeavors, too. AND, MY GODS, WHAT HAS BECOME OF MY CONVOLUTED TYPING STYLE? Why have you forsaken me?

DeletedUser19483

HOLD UP!!!!! Who said this is a place to make friends(Makes loud gasping sounds) I won't HAVE it(waves hands around)

DeletedUser20951

Who said this is a place to make friends
It's more that I was in a decidedly odd and, dare I say it, friendly mood, but don't worry, this never lasts. Now I return you to your regular, slightly contemptuous of all humanity, broadcast. Jim.

DeletedUser19483

It's more that I was in a decidedly odd and, dare I say it, friendly mood, but don't worry, this never lasts. Now I return you to your regular, slightly contemptuous of all humanity, broadcast. Jim.
Good. (breath of relief) I was worried you people were going sane on me

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I wanted a name I could use that was short and didn't need numbers to distinguish it from all the other "bob's" out there. Really, "Bob12324538725"? I had the experience of helping people sign up for gmail, facebook and several others and going around and around as every form of the name they wanted was taken. Sigh.

So when it came to making a name for myself I just typed some random letters -- AJQTRZ and it worked. So far there's only one out there as far as I can tell. However one forum refused to accept that as my name -- "that's not a real name" they said. And "Bubba" is?

The down side of the procedure was that it took me a week to remember how to spell my name and I had to quickly realize that nobody out there would remember how the spell it. Hence, the moniker, "AJ"

AJ

DeletedUser20951

I'm The Girl Who Heard Dragons... :p:D:cool:
I knew your name looked vaguely familiar! Been years since I last read the collection, but I own the physical book, along with all of the Dragonriders of Pern, and I should have recognized it. *hits self*

DeletedUser5521

*hits self*
images

It's been years for me too ... probably time to get out the trusty Library Card and check out that fabulous series again, and see how they read now as an adult compared to when I was a kid. I bet they'll be even better ;)

DeletedUser20951

and see how they read now as an adult compared to when I was a kid.
I discovered the first book in the series in my junior high library as a seventh grader, quickly devoured what had been released then, and can still faintly recall my initial joy at the combination of dragons and science, when, before that, my only exposure to the creatures was fantasy-based. I am fond of the fantasy genre, there are many wonderful works, but science fiction was, and continues to be, a bigger draw to me. Curious to see how they read now, too, although I reread the bulk of 'em several times as a teenager... I hate to admit it, but the long series have become a bit daunting to get started on. I'm very obsessive and once I get started on anything intensively time-consuming, it's difficult to tear myself away to the point where other areas of my life suffer, and I appear to have picked up the loathsome reading habit of simply avoiding expansive volumes instead of fighting with my terrible self-restraint. XD

*snaps fingers* Wait, I actually stumbled across The White Dragon first, saw that it was the third book in the series, and scoured the shelves, which were not arranged in anything resembling orderly, for Dragonflight, because thou shalt not read from anywhere but the beginning. Ah, pointless memory details unearthed from the distant past, you are bittersweet.

Ooo, look, look, look what I found! All conveniently downloaded already (I don't remember when) in my preferred ebook format (they are on my bookshelf, but I haven't read from an actual book in several years). I must have planned to revisit the series, yet never got around to it. No reason to procrastinate further. *raises stabby knife threateningly* None whatsoever.

Dragonflight.jpg
...Deathly Hallows. That was the last book I physically held in my hands and read. I had to look its release date up and that is going on twelve years ago. That's pretty bad. Stayed up all night to read it, despite having to work in the morning, but being able to gloat at possessing the knowledge of the ending before the coworkers who were fans of Harry Potter did was worth the numbed, squinty, marathon-reading sleep deprivation. Totally worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5521

thou shalt not read from anywhere but the beginning.
Yup. I have that same disfunction lol! :p
Haven't got that far i don't think. Where at in the series did your name appear?
It's later in the series (mid 80s?) in a collection of short stories, kind of #8.5, as it's not an actual novel. I found this pic online...says 1995, but that might be a repub, because I know I read it about 10 years before that.. :oops:
content

DeletedUser20396

Yup. I have that same disfunction lol! :p

It's later in the series (mid 80s?) in a collection of short stories, kind of #8.5, as it's not an actual novel. I found this pic online...says 1995, but that might be a repub, because I know I read it about 10 years before that.. :oops:
content
Ok. Yeah, haven't read it yet. I got a reading list from the web.

Last edited: