• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How do you generally use your Magic Academy?

Moho

Chef
There are different things taking place at my MA, but in general I focus on procuring pet food and military boosters.

IMG02.jpg

Moho

Chef
Oh, yes. I forgot to mention that I only produce Magical Manufacturing. With the special building sets in my cities, and the CC's earned when I climb to the top of the Spire, I usually don't need to produce Combining Catalysts in the MA. I use the Magical Manufacturing enchantments during FAs and when I want to boost my production because although I fight the Spire, I cater the Tournament so that I could save time.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
My production is non-stop Combining Catalysts. My biggest crafting priority is pet food and 5 day boost buildings. I make these everytime I see them. Whenever I advance chapters, I make a new set of Festival Merchants, Grounds of Orc Strategists, and Vallarian Valors. This lets me replace my old ones and allows me to save all my Royal Restorations for my evolving buildings and sets. Once all my existing buildings of these types are upgraded, I stop making these.

If none of the above are available, I usually will craft either a time booster or a portal profit. I do not actually need more portal profits at this point, however they give a large amount of vision vapor. The VV is my primary reason for crafting these.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I look for time instants that are greater than 5 hours total (because I "instacraft" everything), military boosts, pet food, and a stockpile of Festival Merchants, Orc Nests, and Grounds of Orc Strategist (so that when an FA comes around I can delete my farms of these rather than use teleports to save them, which also means they are pretty much always up to date without using RR's). Once I get enough of the FM, ON, and GOS, I stop crafting them.

AJ

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
My MA is idling a lot in my newest city. It is very hard to get enough spell frags to do anything. I even did well enough on the event to get a second base, but I have had to place a lot of buildings as pretty much anything is better than culture from the build menu. Everything else, I have already fragged. I def would put off upgrading it to lvl 5 much later if I were to do it again. I mean, def get it to lvl 5 at some point but you don’t need it at lvl 5 yet in the wee early chapters due to limitations of relics and spell frags. It’s very different than my other cities, which pretty much crafts everything that comes by except winter shrines and artifacts I don’t need that require blueprints and diamonds. It’s taking some getting used to owning an ineffective MA.

Moho

Chef
It’s taking some getting used to owning an ineffective MA.
When I started two new cities, I used the diamonds accumulated in the first one to upgrade the Magic Academy. And then, when I was able to fight in the Spire and earn more diamonds, I managed to upgrade them to the max. In my original city I had 3 workers before upgrading the MA. In my younger cities, I got my 3rd worker after fully upgrading the MA. I don't need more than three workers since I don't chase chapters.

crackie

When I started two new cities, I used the diamonds accumulated in the first one to upgrade the Magic Academy. And then, when I was able to fight in the Spire and earn more diamonds, I managed to upgrade them to the max. In my original city I had 3 workers before upgrading the MA. In my younger cities, I got my 3rd worker after fully upgrading the MA. I don't need more than three workers since I don't chase chapters.
Yes, that is what I did to max MA to 5, but it lays pretty idle bc I don’t have the relics to craft enchantments or the spell frags to craft recipes fast enough. Even climbing the Spire to the top each week isn’t winning enough spell frags to do too much and an empty inventory with nothing to frag doesn’t help either. All the speed gained from upgrading it to the max is not utilized so the “need” to max it out so early becomes moot.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
My MA is idling a lot in my newest city. It is very hard to get enough spell frags to do anything.
Have you crafted the Moonstone Library set there yet? The upfront cost of crafting it is rather steep in both SF and CC. However it will pay for itself within a month. After that, you are getting extra crafting materials every day.

quin629

Every Pet Food & 5-day military building that comes up, using time boosts if needed in order to collect them before the MA rolls over to the next production period. Absent those, usually time boosts. In one world my FS chases the FA pretty strongly so in that one my second choice is coin rains since the great coin rain purge.

crackie

Have you crafted the Moonstone Library set there yet? The upfront cost of crafting it is rather steep in both SF and CC. However it will pay for itself within a month. After that, you are getting extra crafting materials every day.
I don’t have the main library piece yet but I have the endless scroll making a pitiful amount of spell frags.
@crackie the amount of spell fragments you get when you defragment stuff depends on your MA level, so even if you can't utilize the faster spell production time you do at least get more spell fragments.
That is a good point. If only I have anything in my inventory. I have even fragged (earmuffs if you can’t handle listening to what comes next) pet food and troops instants.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I don’t have the main library piece yet but I have the endless scroll making a pitiful amount of spell frags.

That is a good point. If only I have anything in my inventory. I have even fragged (earmuffs if you can’t handle listening to what comes next) pet food and troops instants.

I do the pet food and troops in my baby city and cringe every time I do. lol

Yogi Dave

Producing: CCs which I don't collect them until a FA starts.
Crafting: 5d buildings, pet food, time instants (as long as they return more time than it takes to create them) and both of the CC recipe. Usually, I use time instants to complete the craft and collect them before a new set of recipes appear. It may seem to waste instants, but I'd hate to prevent another 5d building from showing up because I hadn't collected the previous one. Same with the other stuff. I'll gladly spend 4:30 in time instants to get 7 1h back. However, I may wait an hour or two before spending time on them. During the FA I use Sips of Clarity (and time instants) to increase VV production and get more arcane poo residue badges.
Mystical Object: You can't choose what you will get, but since I'm at the end of chapters, I don't collect from it. At the beginning of chapter 20 I had over 10K VVs. Plenty of KP came from them which were used to do a lot of the early techs. If I get tech locked, I quit collecting until KP is needed for another tech. Since I'm done with chapter 20, they are accumulating, and I have over 2k stockpiled so far.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Mystical Object: You can't choose what you will get, but since I'm at the end of chapters, I don't collect from it. At the beginning of chapter 20 I had over 10K VVs. Plenty of KP came from them which were used to do a lot of the early techs. If I get tech locked, I quit collecting until KP is needed for another tech. Since I'm done with chapter 20, they are accumulating, and I have over 2k stockpiled so far.
why not collect the KP and drop it in an AW?

Yogi Dave

why not collect the KP and drop it in an AW?
Most of my AWs that I have are at level 30 or higher, except for the new Ancestral Resting Place. I get about 100kp a day from the kp per hour and event buildings, plus plenty from tourneys for AWs. I'd rather be able to generate a lot of KP at the beginning of a chapter. Since I can look at the goods needed for the techs in beta, I get a stockpile of them before the chapter opens in live. It let me finish chapter 20 in less than a month. Don't know if that's a good thing, since now it's wait for chapter 21 time.