• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

how many battles per round per chapter level?

Lady Chessa

Can a more experienced member give me a good general idea of how many battles I should do in each round for each chapter? A chart of some sort that might say, 3 battles per round in chapter 1, 5 battles per round in chapter 2 and so on, for example? Is there anything anywhere like that? Can you direct me to it, please?

defiantoneks

Can a more experienced member give me a good general idea of how many battles I should do in each round for each chapter? A chart of some sort that might say, 3 battles per round in chapter 1, 5 battles per round in chapter 2 and so on, for example? Is there anything anywhere like that? Can you direct me to it, please?
generally speaking I would say, you do what you can. you find your sweet spot and play to it, and you will slowly expand your reach both in province numbers, but also rounds. how far you go is dependent on many factors:
- do you negotiate or fight?
- do you have the resources for the above choice?
- do you have dwarven armorers or other buildings to assist you?
- is your FS willing and able to make beneficial trades so you have more goods to spend?
- how much of what you're doing is going to hold back your chapter progress?
- how quickly are you able to recover troops or goods spent (ie, are you in good shape for the next week, or are you decimated and have to take weeks off?
- is there some requirement from your archmage?

etc, etc.

Lady Chessa

Thanks, but this is not the information that I'm looking for at all. I already know all of this. I'm looking for a suggested, per chapter number of rounds, on average, to either fight or negotiate. Something like: In chapter 1, do 5 battles, In chapter 2, do 6 battles, etc. I want to know what the usual average amount is, per chapter. Or the number that's acceptable for each chapter. I know that someone else has already posted what I'm looking for. I just can't find it, and was hoping that someone could point me in the direction of that chart. That's all.
Not the same, but the same idea, is the suggested number of settlement builds to have, of each thing. Like in Fairies it's x number of day farms and x number of night farms. I want to known, what is the suggested number of battles to do for each round in the tourney, based on what chapter I'm in. How many battles does the average person do in chapter 1, How many battles does the average person do in chapter 2, how many battles does the average person do in chapter 3, How many battles does the average person do in chapter 4, and so on, for each of the different chapters in the game. I'm just asking for a copy of that chart or directions to find it.

Lady Chessa

I remember seeing the chart, but it was quite some time ago and I can't find it again. I was just hoping that someone else might have had it, or knew where to direct me to it.

Lady Chessa

You should do, all that you can reasonably afford, and have time to do. Other than that, hard to say, it varies depending on your stockpile of relics.
Thanks for your response, but this has nothing to do with finding the chart that I'm hoping to locate and see again. I promise, that if I find it again, I WILL MAKE A COPY of it this time. LOL!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
There are good tutorials on the guest races. Some of the earlier ones in egemsofknowledge are pretty good. They give you layout of the guest races and suggested amounts.

The other is more difficult to answer because if anybody were to suggest so many battles per each chapter it would probably launch a big mess of discussions and disagreements. Playing style determines a lot of what you do and when you do it. And your fellowship may require/want you to do more or even less. I think I'd talk to them and ask what they think is a reasonable level of participation for you given their and your needs.

Of course, as an AM, I'd like to see you do 6 rounds of 75 provinces every week. But since you aren't in my fellowship, it's probably best to ask your fellowship mates.

AJ

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I want to known, what is the suggested number of battles to do for each round in the tourney, based on what chapter I'm in.
I understand that you’re looking for a specific post you remember reading but I’ve never seen any posts that suggest a specific number of provinces per chapter, so I unfortunately can’t help you there. If you do find such a post, however, I would caution against using it as a yardstick for your city, because as everyone has said, what is a good number varies wildly by city and player. There is no “right” or even “suggested” number, and anyone who claims to have one has made an awful lot of vague assumptions to get there which may or may not match the reality of your city.

Lady Chessa

PS: I know that I'm listed as a "New Member". I'm not new to the game.

There are good tutorials on the guest races. Some of the earlier ones in egemsofknowledge are pretty good. They give you layout of the guest races and suggested amounts.

The other is more difficult to answer because if anybody were to suggest so many battles per each chapter it would probably launch a big mess of discussions and disagreements. Playing style determines a lot of what you do and when you do it. And your fellowship may require/want you to do more or even less. I think I'd talk to them and ask what they think is a reasonable level of participation for you given their and your needs.

Of course, as an AM, I'd like to see you do 6 rounds of 75 provinces every week. But since you aren't in my fellowship, it's probably best to ask your fellowship mates.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The only chart I remember ever seeing about tournament provinces is this one
Post in thread 'Tournament tips'
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/tournament-tips.31234/post-260860
As the author of this article, the gist of it is that it's better to do the most rounds to the max number of provinces you can than to do more provinces to less rounds. For example, 6 rounds of 5 provinces (30 encounters total) is more cost effective than 10 provinces to 3 rounds (also 30 encounters total). It does not suggest anyone do any specific provinces by chapter though because I don't believe in that.

I concur with what has already been said that using a generic boiler plate formula is not a good idea. Everyone's playing time and playing style differs and it's an open ended game with no requirements to do tourney at all. One player might only be able to check in 2x a day. They're running 9hr collects. They won't have the same number of goods each week as someone doing 3hr collects in the same day. Same if you compare a daily 2x check-in player to someone that only checks in 2x a week. These 3 players will have varying success in tournament if they're strictly caterers. How can you go off a recipe book then and expect them to complete the same prescribe number of provinces? Tourney is not a requirement of game play so players can do as little as 0 or as many as 70+ provinces. There's no right answer. Forcing people to adhere to such arbitrary table (if it exists) is not wisest advice.

Zoof

The chart does exist. I saw it. I'd like to see it again and am hoping to relocate it. That's all.
I may have seen the chart you speak of, but the context I remember was "If you're not reaching this minimum value, you're not playing the game optimally enough. git gud or find a less competitive fellowship."

Personally, the value I've always known how many tournament provinces was recommended to do at any chapter was "As much as you can for as far as you can with whatever you can" within other limitations such as being able to complete the Spire to your (or your Fellowship's) satisfaction (which has also been "go big or go home" for me).

There are other limitations suggestions, such as the number of provinces available without overscouting. A chart based on that limit suggestion could be generatable with some ranges depending on where on the world map you're at and how you've been scouting, which may have inspired the charts you remember seeing a while back. The part that makes it more of a suggestion than a limit would have been back when you could create a city with the old tech tree, then in an early chapter, scout in such a way to acquire an unreasonable amount of a province you're currently or about to go into a tournament with. Then with the KP proceeds and the ridiculous amount of goods that your fellowship is pumping into you to get to Spire as fast as possible, jump chapters fast enough so that you're not technically overscouting by the time you reach them but are gaining the "right" sort of provinces far faster than is probably intended. Maximum Effort, thanks for the goods and support for my early game speedrunning shenanigans

Lady Chessa

LOL! I'm not forcing anybody or suggesting, forcing anybody, to go off a chart or list. I saw the chart of SUGGESTIONS, months ago, and I'd like to relocate it and see it again. I have my own reasons for this. It has nothing to do with any other players or forcing them to do anything. I'd like to see an AVERAGE of the number of battles per round, per chapter, that players do. The key word here is AVERAGE. Like how many battles do Chapter 1 players USUALLY do per round, chapter 2, chapter 3, etc. on AVERAGE. Someone wrote about this and posted it, I read it and didn't save it and would like to see it again. That is all. You all are posting a bunch of assumptions that have nothing to do with my question or the answer that I'm seeking. You cannot know whether it's a good or bad idea, since I have yet to state my own reason for wanting to see the chart. LOL!
Let me try it this way:
Fact: There is a chart that someone made about how many battles per round, per chapter, the AVERAGE person does. I saw it.
Fact: I'd like to relocate that chart or list.
Pertinent answer to the question: saw it, here's the location.
Anything else is not relevant and doesn't answer my question, as to the location of the chart that I'm looking for. Your opinion that it's a good or bad idea is not relevant either. But it is akin to you trying to force your idea of how I should or shouldn't play my game. Hmm

Lady Dastardly

You may find this to be irrelevant also, but I did want to mention that that chart is based on the old tech tree. Players on the new tech tree do not get tournament access until chapter 4. There have also been adjustments to the required number of provinces to open chapters 4 (now 45 provinces, down from 50) and 5 (now 70, down from 75), which would require recalculation if you want the chart to be representative of the current state of the game.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
There's an Archmage who worked out a formula; I played with her on Beta. I think I had to score 850 in orc chapter. Ok, some FSs have minimums, I get that, I set the bar for that, back in 2017. But to push that sort of thing, on  Beta, is not reasonable. I barely play there when FA is running on live, for example, I'm busy.

Maybe you saw this formula on a fellowship description, maybe you read her theory on what is a reasonable amount as a guideline for players. She has a few cities on live, this AM, maybe even one for every realm. I personally do not recall seeing a Forum post, but who knows, I skimmed a lot of information when I joined this Forum.

Lady Chessa

Thread 'Minimum Tourney Participation'
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/minimum-tourney-participation.28994/

Not sure if that is the chart to which you are referring.
Bless you! Sprite1313. This is the exact answer that I was looking for. Thank you so so so much! Thanks Lady Dastardly, I'm not in any of those lower chapters in any of my cities, and I knew that the tech tree has changed a bit. I wasn't looking for required numbers of provinces to open chapters. That info is easily found on the chapter tabs. I wasn't looking for carved in stone numbers, on anything. I just wanted to see that old list of suggested averages again. Just an idea, a suggestion, was all I wanted, without any of the technical filler, and I knew that the answer I was seeking was in that old post. That's why I asked if anyone else remembered the post and could direct me back to it. I don't have a need to calculate or recalculate anything. That's not what I was looking for. My question was about the suggestions in that old post, and about finding the post to see the suggestions again. My reasons for that were never mentioned. How I will or won't use the information was never mentioned. I simply stated that I knew that such a list or chart was written about, I'd read it and wanted to see it again.