• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How much of your world map has to be dead before you (or they) get moved?

Count Rupert

Our AM went inactive. After 60 days her city was removed from the map and while her name was still in out FS' roster, you could not offer neighborly help. When I put in a ticket about not being able to give neighborly help I was told by support her city had been removed from the map and it was best we pick a new AM. I don't know the circumstances of your case and whether your city left the map or not and just happened to reappear in the same spot or not. I know I've visited at least a dozen cities just this week that are no longer on the map.

Sarafyne

My city in F world has at least 75% of the map empty and 50% of what few cities there are, are inactive. This game is to a large extent depending on trades. Other than my FS hardly any of my trades get picked up. I'm at the end of chapter 16 and stuck waiting on trades, while my sentient goods waste away...

Mykan

Oh Wise One
That said, we've never heard of the "move criteria" being anything other than the lack of any recent logons.
Distance from the middle (and boosts) is the other criteria that has been mentioned. Not distance from dead zone as mentioned previously. It is why people started tracking where the middle of the map was to better understand where they were in relation to it and a move.

We also know new towns can fill those spots before a move occurs, so there can be less places by the time a move is done.

Kadhrin

49%

99 hexes of mines on my map,
99 hexes of mines!
Click on one, gimme the gold :coin:
98 hexes of mines on my map...

(I wish it was that easy........ amusingly, this is on Fely, which was the one city that got moved *before* the Great Migration.)

Count Rupert

Like it's not annoying enough I seem to have a bug where one of the goldmine hexes remains on my neighborly help list without having a name. I generally just run down the row of available hands and when hit this one, it tells me that the city is no longer on the map and the screen freezes. Arrrgh. :-(

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Unfortunately, someone has to be at the edge of the map. I think it would be better if new players started there and big players got moved to the centre. I was at the edge when I started on US server, within a week or so I got moved to a better location and after couple of months to even better location. I was quite active on the map (trades, neighbour visits, collecting gold mines etc.), that's the only thing I can see that helped.

Sprite1313

Unfortunately, someone has to be at the edge of the map. I think it would be better if new players started there and big players got moved to the centre. I was at the edge when I started on US server, within a week or so I got moved to a better location and after couple of months to even better location. I was quite active on the map (trades, neighbour visits, collecting gold mines etc.), that's the only thing I can see that helped.
The problem with starting new players in the wastelands is that they have fewer options available to overcome the challenges. I have 111 gold mines in my discovered world, but my discovered world reaches far further than a new, small city. It can be hard enough starting a new game, if your only scouting options are gold mines, how are you going to trade? Yes, join a fellowship, but we all know that the fellowship suggestion algorithm is not so wonderful. So, you get a new player with no neighbours in a barely active fellowship. Within a few days you have a former player. Within another 30 days, you have another gold mine.

Genefer

I was quite active on the map (trades, neighbour visits, collecting gold mines etc.), that's the only thing I can see that helped.

What has it helped?

I accept trades, provide neighborly help to all my "neighbors", and collect goldmine coins - 99% of the time, yet I am in the dead zone with 80 goldmines and counting.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
The problem with starting new players in the wastelands is that they have fewer options available to overcome the challenges. I have 111 gold mines in my discovered world, but my discovered world reaches far further than a new, small city. It can be hard enough starting a new game, if your only scouting options are gold mines, how are you going to trade? Yes, join a fellowship, but we all know that the fellowship suggestion algorithm is not so wonderful. So, you get a new player with no neighbours in a barely active fellowship. Within a few days you have a former player. Within another 30 days, you have another gold mine.

New players' discovered map is very small so they won't be able to take or see many neighbours' trades for quite a while (couple of months). Apart from fellowships, they rely on bigger players to take their trades. So when bigger players are closer to the centre and therefore cover more neighbours, they can reach more smaller players and help them.