• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How much of your world map has to be dead before you (or they) get moved?

DeletedUser29356

Since they closed my other support tickets on this subject, I sent in a new one today, asking again for some specifics. I told them there were now 53 gold mines surrounding my city.
You have 53, I have 119, and I still scout and survive. Will one of us get moved maybe someday. but weekly support tickets dont seem like a good plan to me.

Genefer

MagicPagan, I completely understand your frustration. Almost a year ago I was sent to desolation beginning with on observed 19 Goldmines I now have 112, and like you those are surrounded by inactive cities that are switched out throughout the week.

The scouting is a huge issue for me as well I only have a few "easy" provinces left to scout on the active side of the map all the rest are "hard", unless I want to scout into desolation. Scouting is not optional if you want to participate in events that require map encounters and increase the benefits of many Ancient Wonders, and the Trader Seed production.

I am in Chapter 16 and have invested far too much of my time to even consider abandoning my city to start another to be on the active portion of the map. That is hardly a solution to the issue - I do not know who would be willing to trash a city again and again because inno does not bother to provide the components of the game that we are entitled when we complete provinces.

Not having active neighbors denies the player trading partners, decreases Culture Bonus potential, degrades the value of both Ancient Wonders & Enchantments - all of which limits the amount of Spire, Tournament, Event and Adventure activity for the player. It is a huge disadvantage to both the individual player and their Fellowship.

MagicPagan

I feel your pain. From a couple of replies here, it looks as if Inno doesn't care if you have 20, 50, or 100+ dead cities around you.

Thanks for getting it on the scouting issue.

MagicPagan

You have 53, I have 119, and I still scout and survive. Will one of us get moved maybe someday. but weekly support tickets dont seem like a good plan to me.
There are no weekly support tickets from me. I do keep up on a weekly basis with how many additional dead cities and inactive cities there are in and around my scouted area.

Genefer

I have written to support over this issue I think 3 times, and of course we all know the response. It is not the fault of the support staff; it is clear that Inno uses them as the wall to for us to break upon providing the staff with a generic reply that I and MagicPagan have both observed is inaccurate.

MagicPagan

I have written to support over this issue I think 3 times, and of course we all know the response. It is not the fault of the support staff; it is clear that Inno uses them as the wall to for us to break upon providing the staff with a generic reply that I and MagicPagan have both observed is inaccurate.
Exactly. I have opened support tickets five times beginning in July 2022.

BrinDarby

Helya used to be the go-to person on this,
not sure if Astram wants the xtra workload.

If movement happens every monday, I cant
see why after a short period, basic upkeep
on keep'n ppl together cant occur.

MagicPagan

Helya used to be the go-to person on this,
not sure if Astram wants the xtra workload.

If movement happens every monday, I cant
see why after a short period, basic upkeep
on keep'n ppl together cant occur.
Agreed. But Support can't help us. I believe most of them are as hacked about this as we are.

This is an Inno lazy developer issue. Developers wrote the code for auto-move. If they can write that code, then they can also dedicate someone(s) to looking at these world maps where there are an insane number of dead cities and manually move active cities to a better part of the map. That would take time and effort to match up the boosts for each city moved.

If they have the time to dream up these extra - and for me, irritating - little "events" like Season of Dreams, then they have the time to do this.

I have a very clear understanding that Support can't help. That's why I would like contact info for the development group to address the issue directly to them. However, I am told I can't have that either.

And in the meantime, the TV commercials for Elvenar roll pretty regularly in my area of the United States. It's about $$$ for Inno. I probably have not spent nearly as much as other folks on the game. I'd put my guesstimate around +/-$1K. But I do have skin in the game, and right now in Winyandor, for me, it's a rip off.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Because I don't like scouting into no-man's land when I do still have options on the south to scout provinces that open up active neighbors. Unscouted provinces don't count in tournament.
I don't believe scouted provinces count either. And whether you scout north, south, east, or west certainly does not come into the calculation. That's your scouting strategy and it really only impacts cost to scout the provinces you are scouting. I hope if you ever do get moved the gaps don't appear in the direction your scouting.

MagicPagan

I don't believe scouted provinces count either. And whether you scout north, south, east, or west certainly does not come into the calculation. That's your scouting strategy and it really only impacts cost to scout the provinces you are scouting. I hope if you ever do get moved the gaps don't appear in the direction your scouting.
Scouted provinces are what counts in tournament. We are finishing a magic dust tournament. You are fighting/catering all the dust provinces you previously solved with your scouting.

How did you think they came up with the provinces for you to open during tournament?

But you don't have to take my word for it. From the tournaments Wiki: As an example we will take a closer look at a Crystal Tournament. Tournaments appear in your already solved Provinces on the World Map, so your first Tournament will be available in the first Crystal Province you solved (usually closest to your city).

All you folks who say scouting doesn't matter when you are surrounded by dead cities either 1) haven't experienced the situation; or 2) are not taking an objective view of how all the pieces of the game fit together.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
All you folks who say scouting doesn't matter when you are surrounded by dead cities either 1) haven't experienced the situation; or 2) are not taking an objective view of how all the pieces of the game fit together.
I get your frustration, but the tourney doesn't care if those provinces are completed in an area with active cities or an area with all gold mine dead cities. You can open up the dust, crystal or whatever provinces near a dead city, complete the province, and it will be available for the next tourney of that type.
I'm not sure of much, but I'm sure of this. In one FS I'm in: we have a 'push' tourney every tourney cycle (marble tourney thru gems tourney) where we try to push our tourney score as high as we can go, trying for a 1st place finish. The last one was during crystal. I scouted around all the gold mines on my map as well as the active area to open as many crystal provinces as I could without clearing other province types. Ended up only having 70, so I got the highest score I could (18,900). I absolutely could not have done that if I didn't scout the dead area (100+gold mines at the time; I've since been moved, so it's fewer now; I still use them for the 'gain coins' event quests since I'm on a zero residence build).

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
It seems like I am being told to just be glad Inno lets me play the game at all.
I'm sorry that's what you hear from us; certainly not my intention and it must be awful to feel that way. My take is:
Your issues and the resulting frustration are absolutely valid. According to @Nightguest, staff that manages customers (CM's, Mods, customer support, etc) have said the issue is valid and they are also frustrated with their attempts at getting an understanding/fix from the devs for the problem.
As a player I was offering my input/suggestion as a way to mitigate the impact this issue has on your tourney experience, not at all intended to diminish your feelings about it.
Not being much of a gamer outside of Elvenar, I wonder if other game companies have policies that allow for a support ticket to be escalated to the level of a convo between a player and the game devs regarding core game issues support staff can't resolve? If so, then Inno is out of touch with their industry standards. Someone internal to the company/industry would be the ones who need to confront them on that.
All we can do here when someone is facing a frustrating situation is to offer 'workarounds' and any other suggestions we can come up with that might help.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
You might be surprised, several have already mentioned how many blanks they have. I played for years in one of the worst possible locations, if you can count dead cities your in a better spot (it was easier to count active cities). I know others have survived such horror locations. You might find people aren't saying it isn't frustrating but it is not game ending. People have found a way through it until things got better.

My current map doesn't sound very different to yours, I just don't focus on it.

elvenbee

Not being much of a gamer outside of Elvenar, I wonder if other game companies have policies that allow for a support ticket to be escalated to the level of a convo between a player and the game devs regarding core game issues support staff can't resolve? If so, then Inno is out of touch with their industry standards. Someone internal to the company/industry would be the ones who need to confront them on that.
As someone who has played other games, has a bf who plays other games, and is going to school for this field - it's definitely not Inno being out of touch. Developers don't talk to customers lol, that is not normal

Last edited:

Genefer

That's your scouting strategy and it really only impacts cost to scout the provinces you are scouting. I hope if you ever do get moved the gaps don't appear in the direction your scouting.

I believe the direction is relative to the active portion of the map for those of us burdened with living on the fringe.

When you need neighbors, which is the ultimate purpose of scouting, it does not make sense to scout further into desolation. Unfortunately, scouting only the active portion of the map results in an increase in the difficulty, which increases the cost to scout & the scout duration, and it significantly increases the cost of troops/resources to complete the province, which is necessary for event participation. I actually lost an encounter in a medium difficulty province with my fire phoenix active and an active units unleashed. If we scout into desolation, we do not get neighbors and if we scout into the active portion of the map the cost becomes prohibitive or impossible to afford.

I know - don't scout right lol - don't participate in events.... depending on the chapter - don't complete as much tournament, because to not scout is to limit the number of tournaments encounters possible.... of course, for those players not in an "elite" Fellowship the lack of neighbors to trade with minimizes the balance of goods, which limits the amount of Tournament & Spire activity ....

Again & again, I read comments such as - look to your Fellowship, join a good Fellowship...... There is a member limit in a Fellowship and the vast majority of fellowships are not balanced in Goods and are not composed of a variety of city size. There is a "good" Fellowship supply & demand issue - so that is not the answer.

I have also spent a disgusting amount of money playing this game, but I have stopped, because being an actual customer of Inno's is to be a player without value. I wonder how many of us living in desolation are customers - the people who make this game possible at all.

I had a change in my map - I now have 122 goldmines :) TY Inno!

Genefer

Looking at my map it seems as though I was moved further into the dead zone and down, because 2 of my active neighbors are now right above my portion of the map - so no longer my neighbors. I have not combed the entire map, but perhaps I have lost others as well.

kick kick kick