• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to get spell fragments when a Newbie

Genefer

which is why i said it would be nice if you didn't have to do that.

Sorry, I was agreeing with you - and highlighting another disadvantage of not being able to use the Spire. It's as though they want players blocked from using the MA at all, because without the Spire there is very few opportunities to acquire Spell fragments and disenchanting enchantments provide very few.

Pet food is not a cost-effective method of acquiring Spell fragments - it cost either 3 relics & 2 Catalysts or 1650 Fragments to even craft - then disenchant for only 600 - with a fully upgraded MA. Of course, disenchant the food required for the pet food Event, but to craft to disenchant well....

Even PPs are only available in Events or the Spire.

I disenchanted PPs (Still do) and the Pet Food I had to craft for quests prior to having pets, but worse and my only regret, I didn't know what Royal Restorations were used for, so I disenchanted them for several chapters lol.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
How? The materials for crafting are not available. There are not even relics to create Enchantments to disenchant for Spell Fragments.

Building the MA without th ability to put it to work is just wasting space that could be used for functional buildings.
I aimed to max out relic boost by chapter 4 so I have a very intense early game timetable that involve a lot of tourney. I intentionally over-scout early. I also like to get my Needles and GA as high as possible, and that eats up a lot of relics too. It’s not the usual new city development timeline. I hate city Tetris so I don’t mind getting the MA down and allotting a permie home for it. Even minimal crafting with limited resources help. I craft a lot of time instants too. They are like a poor man’s diamonds.

Deleted User - 850238979

Hello, having a new member with a 968 ranking points who has finished level one(of course) and joined our Fellowship. How can she BEST earn spell fragments without being able to play the Spire yet please?
Being a new repeat offender returning player I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of spell fragments I won by completing storyline quests. Some of the prizes were 2 or 3k spell frags and also plenty of CC to go with it. I have to say I'm very impressed with these changes. I've moved through the early chapters quickly - I started June 12th or thereabouts and did my first tourney on July 1st (1270 pts). The free stuff from the ads is certainly a great help and a supportive fellowship is still essential for survival and growth.

Deleted User - 850238979

I aimed to max out relic boost by chapter 4 so I have a very intense early game timetable that involve a lot of tourney. I intentionally over-scout early. I also like to get my Needles and GA as high as possible, and that eats up a lot of relics too. It’s not the usual new city development timeline. I hate city Tetris so I don’t mind getting the MA down and allotting a permie home for it. Even minimal crafting with limited resources help. I craft a lot of time instants too. They are like a poor man’s diamonds.
How will you achieve maxed out relic boost by ch 4 when the tourney is only unlockable in ch 4?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Oh! I didn't realise they're still making cities with the old tech tree!
Out of interest, have you tried making a city under the new tech tree?
If you have an existing older city and start a new city in a different world, it's highly likely you'll get the old tech tree. If you have a fresh account with no cities anywhere, it seems like you'll def get the new tech tree.

I do have a new city under new tech tree, but I'm playing that one like a newbie to stay incognito. I shot it with a tranq so it's less hyperactive and not trying to do too much. It's for research purposes to see what is going on in newbieville.

Deleted User - 850238979

I do have a new city under new tech tree, but I'm playing that one like a newbie to stay incognito. I shot it with a tranq so it's less hyperactive and not trying to do too much. It's for research purposes to see what is going on in newbieville.
Ha! You're a very funny person! Always fun to read!

defiantoneks

btw as to the topic, before i forget if you're not-new enough that you may have a Mama Juul evolving building, one of the random prizes is spell frags.

Katwick

Cartographer
my default use of "funny" is "ironic".
Ironing.png

Genefer

the tourney is only unlockable in ch 4?

The Spire is not open until chapter 5 and the Tournament in chapter 4?

Do you think cities in the new tech are going to have a difficult time finding an established Fellowship?

I don't understand their reasoning for these changes.