• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I'm in Fairies, If I get an Orc's Nest will it produce orcs or just supplies?

cdrfarms

According to Crazy Wizard's Info page (which has been super helpful), some of the rewards like the Orc Strategist and the Orc Nest will only give you orcs if you're in chapter 8 or higher. How does this work?

If I get that reward while I'm in chapter 7, will it only produce the Supplies and no Orcs UNTIL I get to Ch 8 or will it never produce anything more than supplies for me since I got it while I was in Ch 7? To have the building produce orcs for you, must you get it while in Ch 8 or above?

Also, what does the Orc Strategist do for you?

FYI - I'm in Ch 7 - Fairies, but have scouted out to the zone where I need Orcs to negotiate.

THANKS in advance for any help!!!
And Here's Crazy Wizard's Guide:
http://crazywizard.info/en/event_easter_2017_rewards.html

DeletedUser3297

The Orcs Nest does not produce Orcs until you are in chapter 8 or higher. As with all event buildings, you are locked in to the chapter you win it. So if you win it in Fairies, it will never produce Orcs.

The Grounds of the Orc Strategist is different because it provides Orc Strategists at any chapter which is a heavy ranged unit. Could be very helpful to players not in chapter 8 or above :)

DeletedUser7526

According to Crazy Wizard's Info page (which has been super helpful), some of the rewards like the Orc Strategist and the Orc Nest will only give you orcs if you're in chapter 8 or higher. How does this work?

If I get that reward while I'm in chapter 7, will it only produce the Supplies and no Orcs UNTIL I get to Ch 8 or will it never produce anything more than supplies for me since I got it while I was in Ch 7? To have the building produce orcs for you, must you get it while in Ch 8 or above?

Also, what does the Orc Strategist do for you?

FYI - I'm in Ch 7 - Fairies, but have scouted out to the zone where I need Orcs to negotiate.

THANKS in advance for any help!!!
And Here's Crazy Wizard's Guide:
http://crazywizard.info/en/event_easter_2017_rewards.html

I am in Chapter 5 and I have the Orc Strategist building. It produces 28 Orc's every 12 hours.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I am in Chapter 5 and I have the Orc Strategist building. It produces 28 Orc's every 12 hours.
Those are different Orcs. The orcs produced by the nest are a kind of supply for progressing, as opposed to a military unit, which is the kind you are getting from the strategist.

Gath Of Baal

I think a lot of the confusion about this comes from the similar naming .

Orcs --- Orcs are a resource that you need for orc chapter productions, upgrading of workshops, negotiations.. The normal way to gain orcs is
Through upgrading your armories to breeding grounds, then using 1 of the 4 timed options to produce these orcs.. These orcs can not
be taken into combat, and you keep track of them through your orc portal and again are considered a resource you must produce, just like
you would make granite/copper for dwarves or ambrosia / night essence for fairies.. The reason why the orcs nest building does not
produce orcs outside of the orc chapter is that, it would be giving a player an unfair advantage of being able to stockpile an orc chapter
resource before they even get into the orc chapter..

Orc Strategists ---- This type of orc is an actual troop type that you must research near the end of the orc chapter, you use this type in
combat and produce them in your training grounds. This type of orc is only used in combat and does not
count towards the orc numbers as resources. Since they are a troop, this is the reason you can produce them through the
Grounds Of The Orc Strategists in any chapter of the game you are in. the building just circumvents your needing to research
them and produces them for free via the event building..

Orc Warrior -- This orc is once again a troop type that you must research in the middle of the orc chapter, you use this type in combat and
produce them in your training grounds. This type of orc is only used in combat and does not count towards the orc
numbers as a resource

I hope this explanation has cleared up some confusion over the naming

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Orcs --- The reason why the orcs nest building does not produce orcs outside of the orc chapter is that, it would be giving a player an unfair advantage of being able to stockpile an orc chapter resource before they even get into the orc chapter..
Possible, but if they don't have a portal, they don't even have a place to store them, so I think it's more likely that they are just useless to them which would be a waste of a building and make no-one below orcs want them.

Gath Of Baal

Possible, but if they don't have a portal, they don't even have a place to store them, so I think it's more likely that they are just useless to them which would be a waste of a building and make no-one below orcs want them.

I had not even thought of this point about needing a portal to store them... But if that was the case how are we able to fill our portals up on resources before we sell it off, then still use the resources later on in the game to make roads? because once the portal is sold you technically have no place to store what resources where left in the portal

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I can't even be sure, I just think it's more likely. What happens in later chapters? Do you have infinite storage for new orcs once you are finished the chapter? Maybe it's just a weak coding issue, that they don't create the storage space until you open the orcs chapter. or maybe you're right and they are worried about people getting a head start. But why isn't that the case with other consumables? You can store as much T3 material as you want before you can make any of it.

Gath Of Baal

I do not know if the wood elf portal has a stat to track the orc resource, because I know the orc resource will still be needed after the orc chapter to negotiate at least..
I think that being able to horde tier 3 during chapter 1 and 2 before you can make it, is a lot different then being able to horde a chapter specific resource starting at chapter 1 or 2.. And the main hall is the storage facility which is already pre built when you start the game

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think that being able to horde tier 3 during chapter 1 and 2 before you can make it, is a lot different then being able to horde a chapter specific resource starting at chapter 1 or 2.. And the main hall is the storage facility which is already pre built when you start the game
Sure. And having hoarded for several months, on the day they build a level 1 orc portal so they can use it, the amount they have (after months of hoarding) will be the maximum that a level 1 orc portal can hold. Hardly a game destroyer.

Gath Of Baal

Sure. And having hoarded for several months, on the day they build a level 1 orc portal so they can use it, the amount they have (after months of hoarding) will be the maximum that a level 1 orc portal can hold. Hardly a game destroyer

There is no limit to the amount of orcs you can have once you build the portal.. Its listed under other resources with no maximum amount.. so 5-7 chapters worth of time orc hording would amount to a crap load of orcs. the amount it would be would be more then enough to get you through the orc chapter without ever having to make a single breeding ground production

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
There is no limit to how many orcs you can have period. They are not stored in your portal. You can only see how many you have once you unlock chapter 8 adv scouts. It is entirely possible to not build a portal, unlock breeding grounds and start getting orcs.

Back to the question of why Nests don't produce orcs in chapter 7-- My guess is that
1. It would effectively remove the orc negotiation barrier.
2. You'd have to clear all of chapter 7 before they were of any use to you if you aren't an over-scouter.

DeletedUser5521

There is no limit to the amount of orcs you can have once you build the portal.. Its listed under other resources with no maximum amount..

Yeah, what G.of.B. said:

orc storage.jpg

They're still there in Chapter 10, along with lots of other fun stuff :p