• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I'm tired of guest races

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I don't use portal profits and the problem with chap 15 is everything is stuck waiting on the vaults of wisdom. They are total chokepoints. You need to make both the raw material AND the finished products out of them. On top of that, to get 1 vault down, you need 5 buildings. If you want 2 vaults down, that's 10 buildings. The vaults can't make stuff faster than the support buildings so you don't even need to run all those 5 support buildings after awhile. They are just needed for connections. If you want more than 2 vaults, you have to be creative and have extra disconnected academies, which means buildings that are intentionally disabled to make the connections work. So I'm playing a builder game that makes me build disabled buildings... Even with 4 vaults, you're there for awhile so hopefully everyone saved their portal profits.

Pheryll

Set Designer
If you want more than 2 vaults, you have to be creative and have extra disconnected academies, which means buildings that are intentionally disabled to make the connections work.

I did chapter 15 in three stages. The first stage was 8 academies. The second stage 3 level 4 academies, 3 of each of the mid tier buildings, and 1 level 4 vault of wisdom. The third stage: no academies, 7 mid tier buildings, and 6 vaults of wisdom (only the vaults could produce/exchange).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That's true too

I wonder if the people that quit in 15 are players that don't participate in the Spire and/or the Tournament. I can't imagine I would enjoy the game without the resources. from both. I feel like I would still be in chapter 6 lol

There is a small, but not insignificant, number of players who do not join fellowships, nor make their own 1-person fellowship, so none of them would have access to the Spire or tournament. We can ask @shimmerfly about it, though I do not know if she is that far in the game.

Smooper

I am wondering if doing something like that is helpful for many chapters. I am in ch. 12 and right now I am waiting to build up Elements from the canals. Perhaps I can make a whole field of canals and build up my supply of elements before I start making all my Manifestations of Air, Water, Earth and Fire.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The third stage: no academies, 7 mid tier buildings, and 6 vaults of wisdom (only the vaults could produce/exchange).
Exactly my point. Isn't it weird game design in a builder game where you build inactive buildings to get through? And 7 mid tier buildings is a good chunk of real estate!

(Anyone that wants to try the inactive building strategy though, I believe you can get the buildings to count if they are disconnected, but not if they're under construction. Therefore, you have to pre-fab them before moving the layout. It's something finicky like that. Someone can correct me. I'm trying to leave 15 in the rear view mirror!)

Lady Dastardly

I am wondering if doing something like that is helpful for many chapters. I am in ch. 12 and right now I am waiting to build up Elements from the canals. Perhaps I can make a whole field of canals and build up my supply of elements before I start making all my Manifestations of Air, Water, Earth and Fire.
This is absolutely a viable way to tackle Elementals. I started with about 12 canals and stockpiled minerals. Then I slowly removed some as I needed the space for the manifestations, dropping to about 7 canals by the end of the chapter.

Pheryll

Set Designer
And 7 mid tier buildings is a good chunk of real estate!

In my case, moving from stage two to stage three just meant deleting two mid tier buildings and three academies and building and leveling 5 vaults. So the change in space is inconsequential when going from stage two to stage three.

The odd part is the satellite nature (oddly the shape of the mid-tier buildings and the vaults actually does look like a satellite) of stage three, where the buildings do not have to even indirectly connect to the portal. For no other chapter have I had guest race production that was completely isolated from my portal.

Genefer

That is how I approached Elements - only 7 or 9 canals though.

I never have space in my city, so I only build 1 of each production building - and however many connections I need.

In elementals I built 1 manifestation - produces the number of (artifacts?) to upgrade the portal, teleport, built the next - artifacts, teleport, built the next ..... by the time the portal was upgraded I had added two expansions, so I was able to fit 3 at a time. I upgraded I think only water to lvl 2.

I used both PPs & produced currency.

It feels like it's been forever. Teleports have been an important enchantment for GRs since elementals., but I think I read somewhere there is a chapter I will not have that option :(

Pheryll

Set Designer
Amuni has quest buildings that aren't connected to the portal. One type connects to workshops and another to residences.
The workshops and residences are connected by road to the main hall as is the portal. One does not need the residences/workshops to be connected by road to the main hall for the trap makers and coin makers to produce, but I had it that way when I did the chapter.

When doing the Elvenar, the midtier guest race buildings and vaults were connected to nothing at my stage three. Just floating out there.

Deleted User - 849411552

It feels like it's been forever. Teleports have been an important enchantment for GRs since elementals., but I think I read somewhere there is a chapter I will not have that option :(
That is correct. In Chapter 17 none of the guest race buildings are teleportable.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That is correct. In Chapter 17 none of the guest race buildings are teleportable.

Of course they are. You can teleport all the small ships you want. Any guest race building that does not have a limit on how many you can build can be teleported.

Chapter 14, Constructs, is the only chapter where none of the guest race buildings can be teleported because they all have a limit on how many you can have in your city.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 849411552

Of course they are. You can teleport all the small ships you want. Any guest race building that does not have a limit on how many you can build can be teleported.

Chapter 14, Constructs, is the only chapter where none of the guest race buildings can be teleported because they all have a limit on how many you can have in your city.
Your reply is correct, if somewhat insensitive. I had not realized the small ships are teleportable. When I had tested the settlement for teleport compatibility I did not have small ships at the time. I have found that the inability to teleport the larger vessels is one of the major challenges of the chapter.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Your reply is correct, if somewhat insensitive. I had not realized the small ships are teleportable. When I had tested the settlement for teleport compatibility I did not have small ships at the time. I have found that the inability to teleport the larger vessels is one of the major challenges of the chapter.
I don't blame you for not realizing that ... I wouldn't have even considered teleporting small ships. They are the least important to teleport. Frankly, I never have enough teleports to waste on items that are going to free up so little space. I tend to save them for the big items to free up lots of squares per teleport.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't blame you for not realizing that ... I wouldn't have even considered teleporting small ships. They are the least important to teleport. Frankly, I never have enough teleports to waste on items that are going to free up so little space. I tend to save them for the big items to free up lots of squares per teleport.

I don't remember any more how many teleports I used in chapter 17 on the small ships, but it was probably 60-70? As soon as I got past the quest to have out all 9 large ships, I sold all 9 and used only the flagships and small ships to clear the rest of the chapter. I had out about 30 shall ships at a time, 20-24 of one type that I was focusing on for research, and a few each of the other two types, so make sure I never ran out of the good needed to make stuff in the focused one. Then I would rotate around which of the three types I had 20-24 of out, as my research needs shifted through the chapter. I also did my best to only use the 1-hour productions in the small ships and 6-hour productions in the flagships, and I would use 5-hour time boosters on the flagships, so that they were ready every hour as well. That was how I used over 500 5-hour boosters while completing the chapter.

SimplyNoble

Just finished 15 and I feel the same way. I am over the tediousness of guest races. Never liked having company anyway so I am taking a long, possibly permanent break, After the last FA and finishing 15 I had a good time getting rid of those buildings and brining out all of the fun goodies from my storage. Spire, tourney, events and seasons are more than enough to keep me entertained. Plust chapter 15 buildings are pretty so I don't mind my residences workeshops etc being stuck like that.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Just finished 15 and I feel the same way. I am over the tediousness of guest races. Never liked having company anyway so I am taking a long, possibly permanent break, After the last FA and finishing 15 I had a good time getting rid of those buildings and brining out all of the fun goodies from my storage. Spire, tourney, events and seasons are more than enough to keep me entertained. Plust chapter 15 buildings are pretty so I don't mind my residences workeshops etc being stuck like that.
If you do continue, I thought chapter 16 was a lot more fun than chapter 15. So you have that to look forward to. However chapter 17 is a terrible grind. It is a long, drawn out slog to make the guest race goods in that chapter. And portal profits are nerfed in that chapter, so you have no choice but to make everything.