• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Imagining new pet abilities

Deleted User - 3932582

So, quick question... of the two, which is better overall going forward from chapter 13. Aureate or Storm Phoenix's.
I'm leaning toward Storm, but I have a nagging suspicion I'm missing something.
I don't think any of the two are worth placing, even if you have artifacts for L10. I am skipping it, hoping that we may get something better later, and we'll be able to do similar exchange for Coldfire artifacts.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't think any of the two are worth placing, even if you have artifacts for L10. I am skipping it, hoping that we may get something better later, and we'll be able to do similar exchange for Coldfire artifacts.

My level 6 Storm Phoenix helped me get through chapter 15 a bit quicker. But yeah, while I love just having all these different evolving buildings out, inefficient or not, I refuse to put out the Aureate until after both my Fire and Storm are level 10. And I don't know what I want to do with the Coldfire, other than treat it like the Aureate and not put it out until all three of the others are level 10 first.

Risen Malchiah

I also just finished looking at AW and found the Storm to be similar to the Elven Trade Center.... if I read the information right. Yeah, not placing the Aureate OR the Coldfire...
Yeah, Storm works well with a high level ETC. I use a ton of MM spells anyway (every day on sentient factories and sometimes on normal) so in that respect, Storm would provide a nice boost as needed. (As opposed to Coldfire which gives you some sentients every 48h whether you need them or not.) As for Aureate, maybe it's for endgame catering-only players with 10+ boosted factories in each tier.

Of course, I'd love to get a 2nd Fire but that won't happen so Storm it is.

Deleted User - 3932582

My level 6 Storm Phoenix helped me get through chapter 15 a bit quicker.
Sure, but if I'd knew how chapter 15 would look like a bit ahead of time, I would have dumped some KPs into ETC (I actually didn't have it at all until I was done with the chapter). That would be an excellent value for that chapter, and probably any other later chapters where you would need to squeeze every bit of your production over period of time. Both Aureate and Storm are very expensive pet-food wise for sustained effect. They'd work for short-term peak demand, but I don't see that many scenarios where that would be applicable. So activating a few chapter 15 techs locked behind T4 and T5 gates might be one scenario (there are just a few of these, so you might be able to do it with just 1 manu each, heavily juicing them); another one would be "Produce X amount of goods" event quests, but again, these are not that frequent (especially if infinite quests won't be a thing anymore).

Putting it up for completion or aesthetic reasons is as valid reason as anything. But aesthetically, all 4 of the evolving birds look like chicken to me, even at L10 ;) Perhaps they have an idea of adding more levels later on, further evolving the looks. But until then, if I would want a proper Phoenix in my city, I'd hold off till Rise of Phoenix will show up again - hopefully, still later on in this event ;)